Shooting through wall, this need to be fixed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nhapvai

03-13-2010

Currently range champion can shoot through wall, this is not a healthy way for gameplay. Why? It's just simply that you can't shoot a projectile through a wall that thick, champions like Trist and Twitch just need to stand on the other side of the wall, shoot, kill then get away, no one could chase them that way. Champion like Sivir can throw her blade pass the wall? Then retrieve it? That's not right, Please fix that.

Also, tryn's spinning slash go through wall... this is seriously nuts.

And as Veigar's twisted horizon is a 3d spell, it also looks like a cage, even if Jax try to leap out or Trist try to jump out of it, they would still hit the wall and stun by it, shouldn't they?

Der Cutze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2010

and blitz' grab goes through walls, morgs snare goes throught, you can flash through walls

so?

LegendaryCaoCao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2010

I've seen a guy jump the dragon wall with Gragas' body slam move. Also Corki's Valk

nhapvai

03-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Cutze View Post
and blitz' grab goes through walls, morgs snare goes throught, you can flash through walls

so?
Quote:
I've seen a guy jump the dragon wall with Gragas' body slam move. Also Corki's Valk
Flash and ripwalk are ok (and maybe snare) to go through wall because they're skills that means to go through a different dimension, but those skills like blitz's grab or gragas body slam going through wall is just not right (I set tryn's case as example didn't mean I excluee those things), and if it's not right it should be fixed. If a char can just go though wall with their skill, why not let everyone just walk through wall?

And I get downrate for pointing this thing out? Who ever do it, get a life!

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by culong View Post
And I get downrate for pointing this thing out? Who ever do it, get a life!
The thing about impassable terrain is that it isn't completely solid. My guess as to your down votes is that you are trying to remove a game feature that most people find to be an exciting dimension of play.

Lagoon7

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
The thing about impassable terrain is that it isn't completely solid. My guess as to your down votes is that you are trying to remove a game feature that most people find to be an exciting dimension of play.
QFT.

Who cares if its not realistic? Neither is a monster from the "Void" or even "Magic". So why are you getting so mad this?

If this game was trying to be realistic... i dont even want to think about it, it would be a yawn fest.

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryCaoCao View Post
Corki is a helicopter. If anything is unrealistic it's the fact that you can't just fly over everything and hover in the sky out of tower range and drop bombs on the enemy nexus.

Xocolatl

03-17-2010

You know what I find unrealistic? The fact that my champion cannot hop over a small wall, or wade his way through a forest. Seriously, I can create earthquakes or tornadoes at my beck and call. Give me a single good reason that I can't just blast down a few trees!

Kayle can fly over walls, so does Janna. Kat and Yi are basically ninjas. They should be able to weave through forests easily. And Trynd? With that kind of sword, I'm surprised he can't slice the tower clean in half, let alone Ryze's scrawny rear end.

SilentSir

03-17-2010

They're tossing it up. Video game physics.

Ruzihm

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by culong View Post
Currently range champion can shoot through wall, this is not a healthy way for gameplay. Why? It's just simply that you can't shoot a projectile through a wall that thick, champions like Trist and Twitch just need to stand on the other side of the wall, shoot, kill then get away, no one could chase them that way. Champion like Sivir can throw her blade pass the wall? Then retrieve it? That's not right, Please fix that.

Also, tryn's spinning slash go through wall... this is seriously nuts.

And as Veigar's twisted horizon is a 3d spell, it also looks like a cage, even if Jax try to leap out or Trist try to jump out of it, they would still hit the wall and stun by it, shouldn't they?
I lol'd