[Champion Concept] Tresk, the Pathfinder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Bird

05-13-2011

I want to explain something about the first ability really quick, The Swap. Regardless of what it name actually is, I want it to be the ability that get allies to the field of battle or into the battle faster.

The Fine Line is good for crowd control or catching an enemy while Escape Artists is meant for his survivability while still helping his allies.

Captain Bird

05-13-2011

bump? Advice?

Captain Bird

05-13-2011

Anyone? If you do see this check bottom of last page for changes.

Captain Bird

05-13-2011

Hard to get some advice here...

Captain Bird

05-13-2011

Quick note about Tresk and his switching places ability. Unlike Urgot, who can do it, Tresk is not high damaging class. In fact he has literally no damaging abilities. So I've decided to keep the switching ability, specifically the running touch one. Ultimately Tresk would be introuble if he ran into enemy territory chasing down someone, and with no real means to deal damage he could only run away again.

Captain Bird

05-13-2011

This is looking really bad with me just bumping it all the time...

Captain Bird

05-13-2011

Ok, this is a reworking of the concept. Mostly on the lore side, but with a few mechanical changes as well.

================================================== ===================

Tresk, The Highwayman

Lore: Told as a tale to keep children from wandering the woods and causeways at night, The Highwayman was a figure of legend and folklore told in some of the more rual parts of the lands. He was less of a man and more of the embodiment of thievery, scoundrels, and low-lives. While not originally known as "The Highwayman" the story has always been the same. It told of a creature who stalked the roads at night, waiting for lone travelers. He would stop them and impart a toll on them. Their wealth, or it's weight in blood. Many considered him a demon of greed, something willing to sell it's own mother for a quick buck.

This is of course just legend, and it has evolved over time, but for the man known as Tresk it is something more. For Tresk, he was an idol. He took what he want and didn't care about others. So like this old legend Tresk stalked the roads in the night on a horse that seemed to be made from the very night sky itself. Unlike children's stories however men came after Tresk. Men of the law, and men with a vengance. Unlike any other highwayman though Tresk had a secret, the ability to use the hidden backways of the world. Roads seen only by him. He could appear and escape in a heart beat, like a phantom of the night.

It was after his notirety had grown that the League attempted to recruit him, spreading rumors of a large payment to the man who found the backdoors of the world. Regardless if it was a trap or not Tresk would never pass up the oppurtunity for the amount he heard, and it seemed that the League kep there word. For access to a very large amount of gold and other objects Tresk was hired for the battles.

Description: A human in what might be his 30's or 40's, with slight grey in his hair. He wears the traditional look of a highwayman, that of a black colored robe in the style of generals and nobleman. He rides a horse of purest black with white specks covering it's body like stars. Riches and various trinkets adorn his wardrobe, and nothing looks cheap or shabby. Only the finest quality for Tresk.

Roles: Support, Melee - Tresk's main purpose is to help get his allies to the battlefield or help them escape. To often a champion might slow it's prey to a crawl and come in for the final kill. Tresk is there to prevent that at the exchange of any considerable combat power of his own. His roll is almost that of a getaway driver, the wheelman of an operation. I must reiterate, Tresk has no combat abilities of his own, and meger basic attack.

Statistics: High speed and magic stats, but low attack, health, and armor.

Abilities -

Highway (Passive) - Allied Champions following behind Tresk move at the same speed at Tresk. Allies on the Highway have 25 tenacity.

Nightride - [Toggle] Tresk and the nearest ally become intangible. They cannot use any abilities or items. Ally must remain within 200 yards of Tresk or become tangible and stunned for a second. [Toggle 2] Tresk and ally become Tangible.

While active Nightride rapidly consumes Tresks mana. Upon leaving Nightride the ally gains a buff called "Your money...", which gives Tresk money equal to money gained for any kills or assists the ally makes.

Level up increases range and length of "Your money..." buff.

The Fine Line - A directional nuke that creates an area of broken space. Enemies that enter or pass through it are slowed, while allies passing through receive a speed boost. Slowed enemies take 5% extra damage.

Starts at 500 range with possible increase at level ups. Extra damage increases with level.

The Getaway - [Passive] Reduces respawn time of allies. [Active] Increase speed 15%, ignore unit collision, tenacity 50.

Level ups reduce respawn time further and lengthen effect of active.

The Heist - After channeling for a 5 seconds Tresk opens a gateway at his current location, and a local gateway with in 50 range of all allied champions for a short time. Allied champions may enter their portal to be transported to Tresk's location.

Level up reduces channeling by 1 second, reduces cooldown

Naitavi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2011

I don't know if you recognize me, but I was one of the people who really loved your original idea for Tresk. Now, I barely recognize him with his new Q and R. His role seems to be very constricted, with no sufficient damage output or suitable support aspect. All that Tresk can do with now seems to be jump into the battle with E, use Q to fish out allies on low, exit with his passive, then jump back to save another low champion.
I'm just not sure if I want to do that for the entire 50 minutes of a game
I'm not sure if I want to pick him at all from the start.

Next time, don't nerf your champion just because people are shouting OP at you. Keep your originality and fight for your work! It's your piece of art, after all, not theirs.

Captain Bird

05-14-2011

From what I gather most people like his Ultimate, which you did actually help suggest. In fact the only ability people really have problems with is the Q, which I've changed like 3 times. I actually really like it in it's current form, but I am considering doing something like adding how many allies can Nightride per level.

I was considering adding a damage effect to Getaway, which I might rename to Ride-by if I do. The effect would just be that he damages enemy units based on magic damage if he passes through them.

Captain Bird

05-14-2011

Posted all changes to the front page. Please comment.