[Champion Concept] Tresk, the Pathfinder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Bird

05-12-2011

EDIT: I changed several things, mostly the lore. Several mechanics as well. I was just going to post them in posts as I went along, but decided some people might not see them. So this front page will always be the current incarnation from now on. Please share what you like and what you dislike. If it's something you don't like, please give me a suggestion on how to change it.

================================================== ===================

Tresk, The Highwayman

Lore: Told as a tale to keep children from wandering the woods and causeways at night, The Highwayman was a figure of legend and folklore told in some of the more rual parts of the lands. He was less of a man and more of the embodiment of thievery, scoundrels, and low-lives. While not originally known as "The Highwayman" the story has always been the same. It told of a creature who stalked the roads at night, waiting for lone travelers. He would stop them and impart a toll on them. Their wealth, or it's weight in blood. Many considered him a demon of greed, something willing to sell it's own mother for a quick buck.

This is of course just legend, and it has evolved over time, but for the man known as Tresk it is something more. For Tresk, he was an idol. He took what he want and didn't care about others. So like this old legend Tresk stalked the roads in the night on a horse that seemed to be made from the very night sky itself. Unlike children's stories however men came after Tresk. Men of the law, and men with a vengance. Unlike any other highwayman though Tresk had a secret, the ability to use the hidden backways of the world. Roads seen only by him. He could appear and escape in a heart beat, like a phantom of the night.

It was after his notirety had grown that the League attempted to recruit him, spreading rumors of a large payment to the man who found the backdoors of the world. Regardless if it was a trap or not Tresk would never pass up the oppurtunity for the amount he heard, and it seemed that the League kep there word. For access to a very large amount of gold and other objects Tresk was hired for the battles.

Description: A human in what might be his 30's or 40's, with slight grey in his hair. He wears the traditional look of a highwayman, that of a black colored robe in the style of generals and nobleman. He rides a horse of purest black with white specks covering it's body like stars. Riches and various trinkets adorn his wardrobe, and nothing looks cheap or shabby. Only the finest quality for Tresk.

Roles: Support, Melee - Tresk's main purpose is to help get his allies to the battlefield or help them escape. To often a champion might slow it's prey to a crawl and come in for the final kill. Tresk is there to prevent that at the exchange of any considerable combat power of his own. His roll is almost that of a getaway driver, the wheelman of an operation. I must reiterate, Tresk has no combat abilities of his own, and meger basic attack.

Statistics: High speed and magic stats, but low attack, health, and armor.

Abilities -

Highway (Passive) - Allied Champions following behind Tresk move at the same speed at Tresk. Allies on the Highway have 25 tenacity.

Nightride - [Toggle] Tresk and nearest ally in range become intangible. They cannot use any abilities or items. Ally must remain within 200 yards of Tresk or become tangible. [Toggle 2] Tresk and ally become Tangible.

While active Nightride rapidly consumes Tresks mana. Upon leaving Nightride the ally gains a buff called "Your money...", which gives Tresk money equal to money gained for any kills or assists the ally makes.

Level up increases range, length of "Your money..." buff, and decreases cooldown.

The Fine Line - A directional nuke that creates an area of broken space. Enemies that enter or pass through it are slowed, while allies passing through receive a speed boost. Slowed enemies take 5% extra damage.

Starts at 500 range with possible increase at level ups. Extra damage increases with level.

Haunted Ride - [Passive] Reduces respawn time of allies. [Active] Increase speed 15%, ignore unit collision, tenacity 50. Any units Tresk passes through take damage based on his magic.

Level ups reduce respawn time further, increases damage, and lengthens effect of the active.

The Heist - After channeling for a 5 seconds Tresk opens a gateway at his current location, and a local gateway with in 50 range of all allied champions for a short time. Allied champions may enter their portal to be transported to Tresk's location.

Level up reduces channeling by 1 second, reduces cooldown

Captain Bird

05-12-2011

So I'm looking for any suggestions, criticisms, what you like, what you don't, etc. I know I don't have many hard numbers but I want to avoid that for the most part. Unless I would actually be able to test a dude like this I really wouldn't bother with the fine facts.

Captain Bird

05-12-2011

I would really appreciate some feedback.

Rodger Ironside

05-12-2011

Although I dont have any suggestions ATM, I just wanted to bump this great idea and give my +1.

Captain Bird

05-12-2011

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Captain Bird

05-12-2011

Any criticisms?

Captain Bird

05-12-2011

Bump?

Irongrinder

05-12-2011

Here are my thoughts on his abilities. Make no mistake, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, so don't take these ideas the wrong way.

Passive: The idea behind it is very cool, but moving at exactly the same movement speed I think would only be handy if Tresk had on the boots of swiftness. The tenacity helps with this, but I think that allies following Tresk should gain a movement speed boost, like a supportive Vayne's passive.

The Swap: I hate to say it, but I think this could use a slight rework. Having Urgot's ultimate as a normal ability, despite the drawbacks, isn't very fair. Perhaps upon reaching the target, Tresk stuns them or slows them briefly? It might help it synergize with The Fine Line. It could also stealth Tresk, but more on that in the ultimate section.

The Fine Line: Not a whole lot to say here. It's a directional nuke that slows enemies afterwards, similar to Rumble's ultimate. Obviously the damage would be considerably less than Rumble's (I'd call it overpowered if it wasn't) so I'll say this: I like where you're going with the power. If you want to keep it as it is, that's fine. If you want to adjust it in fear of people calling you out on originality, that's also fine.

Hidden Pathways: The reduced spawn time seems a little bit "out there," but I can't say it's bad (it isn't, clearly), just oddly placed, in my honest opinion. I would reccomend readjusting your wording for the active ability, however, as your explanation makes it sound as though Tresk moves faster, ignores collision with units, stuns either himself or an enemy, and then slows himself or his enemy. If you can help explain what the power does when in its active state, then others may be able to help comment on it as well.

Ultimate: I love the concept. Absolutely love it. Still, it's difficult to tell what kind of hero you're going for with an ultimate like this. Is he a mage-style dps? A stealth hero? If one of his powers gave him the ability to stealth, then this ultimate would turn him into one of the craziest heroes I've ever laid eyes on. Sneak in, use ult, and watch the entire game destabilize in an insane teamfight. One thing to note though: what does the player gain from leveling up this ultimate, aside from reduced cooldowns?

That's all, hope this helps you on your way!

--Irongrinder

DrCommunist

05-12-2011

Like Irongrinder, the Swap is basically a little nerfed version of Urgot's ult. And his Hidden Pathways is Master Yi's ult but on Steroids. His ultimate is a great concept but these skills mix too well. In a way that he can lead his allies away from a losing teamfight (thats okay) and then kite really easily by Swap and speed boost meaning instant kills. Not only this but if he was to be stunned 6 times he could still get away with E. W to make two pathways (fine) and then Swap and put enemy on pathway (op) Now one little tweak I suggest on his ult is a shorter channel time and it has a cooldown on how fast allies can enter say about 1 to 2 seconds.

Captain Bird

05-12-2011

First off, thanks for the terrific feed back. The following is my attempt to fix up the abilities a bit. Also, a quick note is that he isn't suppose to be DPS or Tank, or anything like that. Admittedly his ability to get kills will probably be the worst in the game, but that isn't the point of him. It is basically just moving his allies around the field better or keeping his enemies from moving. Also, his passive will remain the same because he is suppose to be a fast character. He should be faster than everyone else.

================================================

Tresk, The Pathfinder

Lore: Tresk is the sort of man who doesn't care about politics, violence, or war. Hell, he barely cares about anyone but himself and how much gold he can line his pockets with. A man who has made a private fortune by simply walking past security and grabbing what he wants. Rather than be a highwayman or some sort of street urchin robber, Tresk decided to put his skills at finding the cracks and doorways in the world to use and avoid getting killed. Avoid getting captured even. Often times his crimes would be mistaken for other criminals and bandits, none of whom would let Tresk live if they knew who he was or where he was.

Sadly, Tresk's cockiness and pride was his undoing and he walked straight into a trap set up to hold him. He nearly escaped, and did so initially, but they were able to chase him and finally stop him. He was to be put to death immediately for a countless number of crimes and grand theft that literally could not be numbered. His skills where too unique however to be thrown away with death, and he was instead imprisoned for the beck and call of the League for the wars.

Description: A human in what might be his 30's or 40's, with slight grey in his hair. He wears an open black cloak and pants. Various very expensive, and possibly magical, jewels, crystals, and knick-knacks line his belt.

Roles: Support, Ranged - Tresk is meant to be a pure support Champion, able to do little to no damage on his own, but rather helping others move in and out of battles and manipulating events to his teams advantage.

Statistics: High speed and magic stats, but low attack, health, and armor.

Abilities -

Trailblazer (Passive) - Allied Champions following behind Tresk move at the same speed at Tresk. Allies Trailblazing have 25 tenacity.

The Swap - Tresk switches places with target allied champion or minion in range.

Level up reduces cool down times and increases range.

The Fine Line - A directional nuke that creates an area of broken space. Enemies that enter or pass through it are slowed, while allies passing through receive a speed boost. Slowed enemies take 5% extra damage.

Starts at 500 range with possible increase at level ups. Extra damage increases with level.

Escape Artists - Passive Reduces respawn time of allies. Active Increase speed 15%, ignore unit collision, tenacity 50.

Level ups reduce respawn time further and lengthen effect of active.

The Heist - After channeling for a 5 seconds Tresk opens a gateway at his current location, and a local gateway with in 50 range of all allied champions for a short time. Allied champions may enter their portal to be transported to Tresk's location.

Level up reduces channeling by 1 second, reduces cooldown