Singed vs. Morde

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tardass

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCooperAgain View Post
YOU ARE THE WORST SINGED PLAYER IN THE GAME.

archangel's staff WOULD be good on him but he has no means of charging it. he uses maybe 2 skills a minute endgame. you will NEVER charge your AA. as singed.

@ OP yeah i feel the same way. I havent' felt any difference in singed's defensive abilities since the change. I always got mercs on him anyway unless i was trolling AP singed, in which case i was stomping so hard CC didnt' matter so i got sorcs. I used to go cleanse ghost roa mercs fon banshee's sunfire rylais, now, rather than encouraging tank singed, they just made it better to play trollap singed, so i build ignite ghost, roa sorcs rylais sunfire fon hextech gunblade. in REALLY good games, i'll swap sunfire fon out for malady deathcap, and i become a tower pushing machine.

there was really no legitimate reason for the changes, but if you're good at singed you'll get passed it and kick ass anyway.
Well, you see, I'm still a good Singed, but he lost his fun factor. He's an Alistar now... lots of skill/work, but usually very low reward.

He used to be my main, he is just lackluster now, and boring.

NinjaWJ

05-12-2011

singed is like un-ccable now

Sneaky Thing

05-12-2011

Man... if only Singed has a Poison to keep Morde's shield down, great mobility, and a ridiculously awesome ability that allowed him to LITERALLY throw people into the middle of his team to be torn apart.

Wait...

Tardass

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaWJ View Post
singed is like un-ccable now
So are Irelia and Mundo... saying that they are unCCable, does not comment on their damage output. I hate to sound like a ******r, but it's a 2-part question.

magzillas

05-12-2011

Maybe they have different niches to fill. Sure, singed isn't going to be going around smashing everyone's face in, but you've got one of the game's top aoe snares and the ability to flip people out of position. Sometimes, these are considerably more useful than morde's ability to make the green/red bars go down.

Although, in my experience, spitting poison and running around a team fight messing with the carries usually gets 4-5 of the opposing team poisoned, which is some pretty solid dps coming from a tank.

GoldanSilver

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardass View Post
So are Irelia and Mundo... saying that they are unCCable, does not comment on their damage output. I hate to sound like a ******r, but it's a 2-part question.
Id like to point something out. Why were you auto attacking mord before? You could have been kiting him(or "singing" him as i like to call it). Your potion does(and did) far more damage and you didnt have to get hit with mords Q and close range W. Heck with your ult it should be rare for him to be hitting you at all.

EDIT: Less CC means more postion. Witch means more trolls. Witch means more fun.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Mordekaiser is a pusher. he is designed to destroy in lane. But he is vunerable to ganks indeed.

KingoftheCoopahs

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBM Freak View Post
AA is not viable at all cause yaknow, Singed doesn't rely on stacking mp, nope not at all. I mean it's not as if there are tank items, such as one that stops a magic attack every 30 seconds and gives you mana/hp, or one that heavily gimps enemy AD with a negative aura giving mana and HUGE defense.

Cause yaknow, the tear of goddess is the only thing the archangel scales off of.
embracing singed's passive is one of the dumbest things in this game, merely because it is so bad. the only items you should be building *most* games that have mana on them are ROA and veil. full tank singed is a joke with no damage output. he's ignorable, so if you're building BV and frozenheart, you can perform well, but you're gimping yourself by building situational items as regular parts of your build.

ROA gives singed about 800 hp bonus. his passive is the only reason people buy it instead of other HP/AP item combinations. it is the most common use of his passive,and earlygame it is incredibly strong.

veil gives about 400 hp after all the nerfs its been given, and frozen heart a wopping 125. rylais and sunfire both beat them without using his passive at all. mana, not counting his passive, is only useful to a certain extent. good singed players don't leave their poison on for longer than they need to, and typically have very few mana problems. bad singed forget to turn their toggle off and find themselves at 100 mana.

randuins gives 350 health, 70 armor, improved health regen, and a similar effect to frozen heart that also slows movement speed, and it builds from a gold/5 item. it is useful against melees AND mages so it isnt' so situational. beats frozen heart every time.

I guarantee you, by mostly ignoring his passive, i have more health, ap (and overall damage output), mobility, and utility than you have when you try to base your whole build around it.

oh yeah, and think this through for me. archangel's gives 4 mana per skill use. singed has 2 skills to trigger tear with. 1 on a 14s cd, the other a 10s cd. even with max cdr, which you seem to have in your build, you get one skill every 6 seconds, the other every 9. tell me, how long would you have to spam your skills on cooldown to reach max stacks on your archangels? (250 skill uses) oh yeah your ulti is a 60 second cooldown with max cdr as well, thats 1 extra per minute, just be sure to stagger it so you dont' try to get 3 charges in under 6 seconds.

i'll do it for you. 10 minutes gives you 100 flings at total mana cost of 14000.
10 mins is 71 mega adhesives at a total mana cost of 7800.
10 ultimates, which restores some mana, so we'll knock off some cost.
total: 181 stacks, 21000 mana.

so mana is a problem. you could stand in base and spam, but then you cant' fling anything. you could get blue buff, but then you'll be not benefitting your team in any way. realistically, using poison to kill mobs and only using fling / glue for fights, you'll get AT MOST an average of 5 skill usage per minute. thats 20 mana, 5 hp. 0.6 ap. at 10 minutes of realistic gameplay, you'll have gained absolutely nothing from having archangels staff.

the only players that buy an archangels are characters that spam skills with medium mana costs and low cooldowns, IE mage nukers. karthus, malzahar, brand, and ryze, for example. they all are heavy nukers with very low cooldowns between spells and can afford to permanently spam skills and are able to fill their archangels in under 20 minutes without negatively impacting their gameplay.

i'll say it once more. BY BUYING ARCHANGELS ON SINGED YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY IN THE LOWEST TIER OF PLAYERS. THE WORST, THE SCUM OF THIS GAME INCAPABLE OF COMPLEX THOUGHT.

SirFragsAI0t

05-12-2011

Why build AA on singed? ...what is..I don't even...

SSBM Freak

05-12-2011

Where did I say that Archangel was the best item for singed, I said 'his damage is still reasonable just with it and building tank.'
You talked about building the mp by spamming the archangel and I responded with 2 common sources of mana that wouldn't only supplement his damage but his survivability as well.

Personally I build 6 items based on what the enemy's building to counter them. But idk about you.

But yeah Rylai's and Singed is god tier.