Singed vs. Morde

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tardass

Senior Member

05-12-2011

I'm just curious as to why Morde is able to solo lane, build tank items, and still rape faces, but yet, they took away Singed's only means of frontal attack or killing power.

I used to be able to hold Morde off as Singed, mainly because I'm an amazing Singed player, and flinging him into the tower in solo lane, then chase him down for the kill after lvl 6.

However... Morde remained extremely powerful, but yet Singed got turned into a hard-tank? My question, since Morde can build as a hard-tank, tank well, and still rack up kills. Why do others, Singed being the only tank I care to mention, get the hard-tank bat, and lose all their killing power, but Morde gets to keep his?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SSBM Freak

Senior Member

05-12-2011

Singed lost his killing power? I could've sworn he does just fine with an Archangel and pure tank. :/(perhaps a void staff late game)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tardass

Senior Member

05-12-2011

Idk if you ever played Singed alot, but charging an AA is possible, but very agonizing as Singed.

Also, yes, he can still kill, but my point is why did they give him more beefiness he didn't need, but people like Morde, Mundo, Olaf, Irelia, etc... get to keep their killing power, but can still tank...

TBH, I don't care about the atk speed, I just want the bonus dmg back.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoldanSilver

Senior Member

05-12-2011

Cus mord steals kills with ult, then goes on to call team noobs. He is not a treat and singed ult is now better than before, more balanced cus you cant push like crazy. THe cc reduction makes him better and more fun to play.

Or maybe cus Mordekaiser es #1 in brasil (huehuehue)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yellow Jester

Senior Member

05-12-2011

Because morde is a DPS champion and Singed is a tank.

In before "LOL U BUILD DPS MORDE U ******" because that's not what I said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SSBM Freak

Senior Member

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardass View Post
Idk if you ever played Singed alot, but charging an AA is possible, but very agonizing as Singed.

Also, yes, he can still kill, but my point is why did they give him more beefiness he didn't need, but people like Morde, Mundo, Olaf, Irelia, etc... get to keep their killing power, but can still tank...

TBH, I don't care about the atk speed, I just want the bonus dmg back.
I never really had much of a problem since I tend to play very actively as singed, there are tank items that give mana as well to supplement your ap as well as give you hp. Banshee's Veil and Frozenheart do the most for him and build from many cheap items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TB Tots

Senior Member

05-12-2011

Here is a Tank/AP to help you deal with your lack of damage output. Again this build is for use of abilities as your main killer. your auto attack isnt what makes or breaks your KDR.

Start off;
boots
2 hp pots
1 mana pot.

first go back
catalyst protec and finish BoS

Next good back
finish RoA and start FoN with Neg Cloak

next go back
finish FoN start AA with ToG

next go back
finish AA and start Void staff with Blast wand

next go back
finish Void and start Rab Cap with Needless Rod

Final Go back
Finish Rab Cap and Buy all pots.

The trick is to not go back until u have the money for the step unless u are completely forced too. This build will give you around 3.2K health with close to 500 AP and 3K mana.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingoftheCoopahs

Senior Member

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBM Freak View Post
Singed lost his killing power? I could've sworn he does just fine with an Archangel and pure tank. :/(perhaps a void staff late game)
YOU ARE THE WORST SINGED PLAYER IN THE GAME.

archangel's staff WOULD be good on him but he has no means of charging it. he uses maybe 2 skills a minute endgame. you will NEVER charge your AA. as singed.

@ OP yeah i feel the same way. I havent' felt any difference in singed's defensive abilities since the change. I always got mercs on him anyway unless i was trolling AP singed, in which case i was stomping so hard CC didnt' matter so i got sorcs. I used to go cleanse ghost roa mercs fon banshee's sunfire rylais, now, rather than encouraging tank singed, they just made it better to play trollap singed, so i build ignite ghost, roa sorcs rylais sunfire fon hextech gunblade. in REALLY good games, i'll swap sunfire fon out for malady deathcap, and i become a tower pushing machine.

there was really no legitimate reason for the changes, but if you're good at singed you'll get passed it and kick ass anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tardass

Senior Member

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
Because morde is a DPS champion and Singed is a tank.

In before "LOL U BUILD DPS MORDE U ******" because that's not what I said.
Morde is DPS... but you don't build him as DPS. Kay. So what you are saying is that you build tank Morde, and he has DPS.

That is what I said, just in a different way, so my unanswered question, is still, "Why does Morde get to keep his killing power, but they took Singed's away?"

Also... Idk if it's just because I was that good with Singed or what, but I didn't buy Merc Treads, and CC was never an issue, so the "buffs" to his ult, strike me as useless, because I never needed more tankiness as Singed... I needed more carry power

Yea... I was an epic mid Singed, so this is partially a nostalgia thread


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SSBM Freak

Senior Member

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCooperAgain View Post
YOU ARE THE WORST SINGED PLAYER IN THE GAME.

archangel's staff WOULD be good on him but he has no means of charging it. he uses maybe 2 skills a minute endgame. you will NEVER charge your AA. as singed.

@ OP yeah i feel the same way. I havent' felt any difference in singed's defensive abilities since the change. I always got mercs on him anyway unless i was trolling AP singed, in which case i was stomping so hard CC didnt' matter so i got sorcs. I used to go cleanse ghost roa mercs fon banshee's sunfire rylais, now, rather than encouraging tank singed, they just made it better to play trollap singed, so i build ignite ghost, roa sorcs rylais sunfire fon hextech gunblade. in REALLY good games, i'll swap sunfire fon out for malady deathcap, and i become a tower pushing machine.

there was really no legitimate reason for the changes, but if you're good at singed you'll get passed it and kick ass anyway.
AA is not viable at all cause yaknow, Singed doesn't rely on stacking mp, nope not at all. I mean it's not as if there are tank items, such as one that stops a magic attack every 30 seconds and gives you mana/hp, or one that heavily gimps enemy AD with a negative aura giving mana and HUGE defense.


Cause yaknow, the tear of goddess is the only thing the archangel scales off of.