An educated opinion on Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alithalor

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlej505 View Post
all of u say that tankie champs are vaynes down fall but they just delay her kills because even a bad vanye can grab there knock back at lvl 2 and ur once again ****
No one is saying Tanky Champions are Vaynes down fall... Vayne was designed to kill Tanky Champions... That's her whole point... Everyone is is saying CC and Burst is her downfall because she is so squishy.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exitusx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

I'm sorry to say, she is slightly overpowered. But this is to be expected. Almost every new champ has to be slightly overpowered so people will buy them with RP. It's just flat out to be expected.

But I find her, statistically, more overpowered than most. I have played her a few times, and people may complain about her ult, her passive, or the short CD on her roll. All of those moves are somewhat balanced, because the backdraw is that she is a mega-squish.

But squishiness can be fixed with a few armor or MR items, like the newly changed Wit's End and even Madred's Bloodrazor has armor. But the one and only thing overpowered about her is her W. I'm sorry, but whoever thought that 8% (at rank 5) of a players Max health as TRUE damage was a good idea needs to be kicked in the nads (sorry Riot, still love you guys but.. come on). She needs a little bit of attack speed and she can easily be the heaviest damage dealer in the game. Let's review past true damage dealers: Olaf with his Reckless swing, who actually has to harm himself to do non-scaling flat true damage. Cho'Gath, who's ULTIMATE with a high mana cost and high cooldown (and the fact it is his ultimate) does flat true damage that does at least scale with AP, but the flat dmg as you know has been nerfed recently. There is Irelia with her active Hiten Style, dealing 75 flat True damage per hit for 6 seconds. High cooldown ability as well. Finally there is Corki, who does 10% True damage based on his own attack damage, where Even if he were to stack attack damage, he would be lucky to get another 50 damage out of it, even then his attack speed would be really low in that circumstance. What they all have in common is they at least have a single way to defend against it: Health. True damage ignores all resistances, even flat damage mitigation such as Leviathan at 20 stacks. But because each source of True damage has always been flat, tanks could at least find solace in knowing that health can defend them. Now that there is a champ that does True damage based on Max % of health, there is literally not a single defense against it. She just needs to stack attack speed to make the best of this, and once she hits 2.5 attack speed she is going to rip 80% of your health in 10 seconds GUARANTEED. On top of her attack damage, and possible on-hit effects, she WILL kill you.

There are very few ways to itemize against her. One way is to find a way to dodge the Silver Shots, by purchasing Ninja Tabi. If crowd control is an issue, you can grab the new tenacity items. The only other way is to grab items that can slow her attack speed, such as Randuin's Omen or Frozen Heart. Maybe a few abilities from champs can seriously put a damper on it. Nasus' slow can also do the trick. These are the only real ways to defend against that kind of damage, and the fact there is just "slow her down/dodge" as the only 2 options, they are just putting way too much into a single ability. People will say "just focus her in a team fight" well, as stated before, she only needs to hit the 2.5 mark, then she's free to build as she wishes. Alot of defensive items can actually get her to that attack speed, granted not a whole ton, but you can't deny they aren't there. This is why Wit's End (magic resist/attack speed), Madred's Bloodrazor (armor/attack speed), and Trinity Force (health + everything else) are so good for her. They offer the attack speed she needs, while giving a hefty bonus to defense. After that, she can build any way he or she desires. Including other tankish items to help be able to do that kind of damage.

I'm sorry, but the numbers do not lie. I'm always the one of those people who will try to fight them over and over to try and find a better way. I'm sorry I had to come to this conclusion.