An educated opinion on Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harky

05-12-2011

Vayne has serious zoning issues. People having trouble with her are seriously overestimating her strength and losing psychologically, rather than actually trying to understand her weaknesses. Her tumble distance is ~150. Her auto-attack is 555. Her effective range for Q->E is only ~700. If she does this to attack she will be in range of almost anyone with ranged abilities.

But her burst is so scary! Well, not really. Her Auto-Q-Auto-E-W combo is scary burst. Her poking is pathetic. It consists of Q-Auto, or Q-Auto-E. Q-Auto miiiiight hit you for 120'ish. You're scared of that? Ezreal can poke for about that from nearly double the range. Hell, Ezreal can safely use his E to move sideways and attack her from outside her Q-Auto range. Let's not get started on her trying to get close to a creep wave against someone like Malz... way too many champions shut her down solo.

Now duo lane with a good Alistar? That's actually pretty scary. I got knocked up, knocked towards a wall, then pinned to it with her E earlier and just cried in a corner. But so what, I would have died if it was Caitlyn, or Ashe, or MF anyway. At least with Vayne there I only had to worry about Alistar zoning me since she can't safely zone against Tristana. It's Alistar in that situation that's scary, not Vayne.

cornswaggler

05-12-2011

awsome malz can lane against her, hes only one of the strongest, maybe the strongest, laning champions in the game. i suppose leblanc can lane against her too? maybe cait and urgot? awsome what about all the other solo lane champs? guess ill just get denied with them or never pick them.

Killerwing

05-12-2011

Malzahar is obviously really good vs Vayne for laning. Cait as I mentioned just utterly zone her out. For every poking attempts Vayne could try on Cait, Cait can just shoot her repeatedly, even if Vayne is pulling back.

As for Urgot, I also see him as a very viable counter, much like he can deal easily with other nasty harassing solo laners like Katarina.

ZeTT

05-12-2011

Her base damage is high enough.
1. Tank Masteries.
2. Sheen.
3. Kite as hell.
4. Profit!

Theik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drace Sylvanian View Post
I main Malzahar, and while I agree with your point about him, it is still kind of false. The issue is in the levels before level six. During this, you sit at your tower. If you get close enough to the minion wave to get xp or gold, Vayne tumbles past the entire wave and auto attacks you to death as you slowly limp away. Or, she auto attacks you to death when you try and use your one ability on her. Thus, she reaches level six before you unless she sucks. Additionally, I noticed that it is really easy for Vayne to break Malzahar's stun, since her autos travel slowly for some reason. So while she autos you, you ult, and it is broken and you die. Then, there is the cooldown period where you just run from her no matter the situation.
I played several matches against Vayne and here's what you do:
She tumbles in, per usual. You put malefic visions on her, throw a puddle in her path, and auto attack her. Malzahar isn't nearly as squishy as she is, and despite being an AD, she will not be able to just stand there in your AoE, while the dot is ticking and you're auto attacking her. Odds are very high she will choose to bail rather than commit to the fight, and you'll push her out of lane quite easily before 6. If that does not work and she's actually putting up a tough fight, simply stick behind your minions and farm with vision. Malzahar doesn't even have to be near minions to farm, and she isn't about to roll through your minions to get to you, cause she will die.

Alithalor

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeTT View Post
Her base damage is high enough.
1. Tank Masteries.
2. Sheen.
3. Kite as hell.
4. Profit!
Yeah, I haven't seen a single Vayne go Tank Masteries... Right now I think it's all 21/0/9 Builds... Sheen is great early game and killing Squishies but Rushing BF Swords actually does more damage over all. Also, "Kite as hell" assumes you are facing people with no Dash/Flash and/or CC. Please create videos of you "Kiting as hell" Xin, Ire, Akali, LeBlanc.

Litlej505

05-12-2011

all of u say that tankie champs are vaynes down fall but they just delay her kills because even a bad vanye can grab there knock back at lvl 2 and ur once again ****

Nebulas

05-12-2011

Vayne is a heavy hitter. Why are you complaining when you have a good chasing skill, good amount of damage and the fact that you have true damage after you hit 3 times. You also gain more attack by toggle and ulti...

Ordain

05-12-2011

You say its an educated opinion, yet i see no credentials or proof of an education.

Its all lies i say, LIES.

SHOE788

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harky View Post
Vayne has serious zoning issues. People having trouble with her are seriously overestimating her strength and losing psychologically, rather than actually trying to understand her weaknesses. Her tumble distance is ~150. Her auto-attack is 555. Her effective range for Q->E is only ~700. If she does this to attack she will be in range of almost anyone with ranged abilities.

But her burst is so scary! Well, not really. Her Auto-Q-Auto-E-W combo is scary burst. Her poking is pathetic. It consists of Q-Auto, or Q-Auto-E. Q-Auto miiiiight hit you for 120'ish. You're scared of that? Ezreal can poke for about that from nearly double the range. Hell, Ezreal can safely use his E to move sideways and attack her from outside her Q-Auto range. Let's not get started on her trying to get close to a creep wave against someone like Malz... way too many champions shut her down solo.

Now duo lane with a good Alistar? That's actually pretty scary. I got knocked up, knocked towards a wall, then pinned to it with her E earlier and just cried in a corner. But so what, I would have died if it was Caitlyn, or Ashe, or MF anyway. At least with Vayne there I only had to worry about Alistar zoning me since she can't safely zone against Tristana. It's Alistar in that situation that's scary, not Vayne.
Her harassing and poking is godly early game. Try playing a tank or melee and her presence literally shuts you down, even with regen beads.