Dota's Axe start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Dread

05-12-2011

I get it... I think. So Eve would do this to her own solo lane? She gets all last hits in the first wave and the opponent will have to deal with your first wave just marching right up to the tower and probably miss a few last hits there. After that the lane resets and the next two waves clash in the middle?

For me I don't see the risk of giving up that fb being worth a few cs advantage after the first wave. If the laner or jungler has any map awareness, they'll see you. This is happening before the action really gets started. There's not a lot to do yet but stare at that mini-map and try to figure out if the enemy team is up to any early gank attempts or jungle invading. You're going to be spotted quick unless the other team is really, really bad.

Later in the game I could see this working to stall pushes. If your jungler is over the river, he could jump in a lane and wax a wave to dry up the support of a push. Although if they're pushing just going to lane for a gank or to help out would probably be just as effective and less likely to get you ganked and mocked in /all.

Too much risk for too little reward it seems.

Monkeedude

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Dread View Post
You're going to be spotted quick unless the other team is really, really bad.
How so? Everyone buys their items and rushes to their lane. Assuming you aren't facing a team that instantly goes to steal blue buffs (which happens in higher levels of play) or anything like that, there's no reason why an Eve or Twitch won't be able to just walk through their Jungle, through river, into their jungle, and sit in the brush by purples small Golems, or in the brush just outside of river near north west of Baron. If your opponents are doing 2 on top they will be checking the bushes around the edges. If they don't see you they will most likely assume you are back at the tower waiting for minions, in which case they'll be positioning for you coming up with the minion wave.

On the odd chance they decide to go hunting for you in their jungle, you've got stealth to just walk away from them. They won't have and Oracle or invision wards that early on.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the best strategy in the world, but it worked in Dota for a reason.

Dane Dread

05-12-2011

What do they do once they get to their lane and get in position? They stare at the mini-map until somebody shows up or its time to start last hitting. The second you start attacking that minion wave, they should see you.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

The thing with Axe was not that he was tanky(really, he is not); but that his counterspin deals lots of damage and it is suicide to fight him in creep waves; plus stout shield/Aegis.

In LoL, there is no combination of spin on-hit and stout shield effect.

ColonelArmy

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeedude View Post
How so? Everyone buys their items and rushes to their lane. Assuming you aren't facing a team that instantly goes to steal blue buffs (which happens in higher levels of play) or anything like that, there's no reason why an Eve or Twitch won't be able to just walk through their Jungle, through river, into their jungle, and sit in the brush by purples small Golems, or in the brush just outside of river near north west of Baron. If your opponents are doing 2 on top they will be checking the bushes around the edges. If they don't see you they will most likely assume you are back at the tower waiting for minions, in which case they'll be positioning for you coming up with the minion wave.

On the odd chance they decide to go hunting for you in their jungle, you've got stealth to just walk away from them. They won't have and Oracle or invision wards that early on.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the best strategy in the world, but it worked in Dota for a reason.
For this strategy to work, she'll need her spikes to dispatch the minions quickly, but that means no stealth for quick escape. Unless you do this at level 2 while your opponents attempt to push, you'll risk an easy first blood for the enemy. Don't get me wrong, in certain conditions this CAN work, but it doesn't work as well as it does in DotA. BTW Axe can't do this at the first creepwave cause decent DotA players WILL creepblock putting his creeps in a disadvantageous position. And remember, he CAN'T kill both the minions and the heroes at the same time. One supporting fact to doing this in LoL is that you can't creepblock.

Jpeg

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQsaurus View Post
Does everyone remember Axe from DOTA? Well then you must remember how at his start you jumped into the enemy lane BEHIND their tower and tanked the creeps. I always thought this start was really amazing and was wondering if anyone could think of a way to translate it into LOL. Like what hero/heroes would work best with this start, possible summoner spells to take, etc.
amumu can do it with tantrum. it's not very strong and you will probalby die