Dota's Axe start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

atlas93

05-12-2011

Does everyone remember Axe from DOTA? Well then you must remember how at his start you jumped into the enemy lane BEHIND their tower and tanked the creeps. I always thought this start was really amazing and was wondering if anyone could think of a way to translate it into LOL. Like what hero/heroes would work best with this start, possible summoner spells to take, etc.

Yellow Jester

05-12-2011

Doesn't work in League, DotA's lanes are like 3 times as long as League's

shubomber

05-12-2011

i'm not sure a level one champion could take out a creep wave without being put in serious danger. maybe morde could, but then you have the problem of doing it quickly enough to not get ganked, and doing it in the right spot to not get beat on by the towers.

the closest thing to this is the janna ward/teleport 5-man gank start, which is hilarious but isn't really that reliable, plus everyone taking teleport is kinda silly later in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
Doesn't work in League, DotA's lanes are like 3 times as long as League's
"doesnt work" is for sissies. i've been working on a creep blocking method for the past couple of days, and it's working pretty well despite people claiming it's impossible. creep pulling may also be possible/viable, but it'll require more experimentation.

HarisPiIton

05-12-2011

Eve can sort of do this early on, her passive and the defence tree make her get zero dmg from melee and about 3 from the casters.

Sneaky Thing

05-12-2011

Twitch is food when he's roaming, he can move bewteen two lanes and make them be pushed pretty hard by cutting off the minions.

Stealth and lifesteal make him pretty safe on the enemy's side of the map.

Yellow Jester

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarisPiIton View Post
Eve can sort of do this early on, her passive and the defence tree make her get zero dmg from melee and about 3 from the casters.
You know that's a good point i hadn't considered stealth heroes.

atlas93

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
You know that's a good point i hadn't considered stealth heroes.
Agreed, if you could get 2 stealth heroes, you could kill the creep wave, then stealth and run away before the enemy team could respond

atlas93

05-12-2011

what about mordekaiser and garen? they are both such great early game champions and can pump out some amazing aoe damage...

Kilrathi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Other than getting early/easy gold, what's the advantage from doing this? Isn't it actually letting your creep wave push forward, making it harder for whoever's in that lane to last hit (when the next wave shows up) and opening them up to overextend and get ganked?

ColonelArmy

05-12-2011

This may be viable for a fast push early or to stop a champ from pushing.too hard.
Anyway Eve with her spikes and passive may be the best candidate for this kind of strategy, but Shaco may work well too. The only problem with using Shaco is that, unlike DotA, there are no blindspots in the lane, making it difficult to set-up a Jack-in-the-Box anti minion machine gun barrage (unless you pull the creeps to the boxes on a brush).