vayne, discuss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

calcyoulater

05-12-2011

so i been playing vayne and have noticed 2 things i am having a hard time with.

i keep getting owned my cait and ashe's

every time i stand in back for a team fight they charge me and all go for me, killing me but dying themselvs.

so is it just me or her survivability realy low against other rangers?

Etherimp

05-12-2011

Her survivability is absolute ****. Her laning is decent to good though, depending on who you lane with. Jax and Vayne together in a lane are scary.. Vayne and Nidalee, also scary. Vayne and Alister, quite scary. Solo lane she gets out played by Cait or other "longer range" AD/AP carrys, and solo-top lane is playable but difficult against CERTAIN people. The only time I did solo-top was against a Mordekaiser and an Irelia and it was a nightmare.. They kept me pressed against the tower the entire laning phase... fortunately if they dove in at me I would pin them to the tower and let the tower kill them, although I usually died in the process.

Zeikei

05-12-2011

I find your claims valid. However, if you are the god of positioning and juking skill shots, then you'll be rediculously hard to take down. Not that doing both godly well is easy...

calcyoulater

05-12-2011

so her laning teamate is very important

Etherimp

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcyoulater View Post
so her laning teamate is very important
She lanes well with a variety of different partners, but is best with someone who can either absorb damage and assist in laying down CC, or someone who can help burst an opponent very quickly. I wouldn't like playing her with another squishy who lacks poking power and cc, though... or a melee who doesn't have some sort of synergy. Like, I don't think she'd be very good with, say, Master Yi, for example.. But maybe she would be with Garen because of his silence and spin-to-win.

calcyoulater

05-12-2011

i tried with a ashe it went realy good

but with morde and poppy went realy bad

calcyoulater

05-12-2011

i think vayne needs a defensive buff

HYATERIA

05-12-2011

Uh, just to help out here a bit. Try getting doran sword off the bat. Then work on wiggles, and then mandred razors. Life steal, killing off minions, and getting some armor can make a difference.

corallein

05-12-2011

If Ashe or Caitlyn is charging in at you and not immediately dying in a team fight, either you or your team is doing something very, very wrong.

Possibilities:
1. They're fed and your team isn't, and you'd get steamrolled no matter what.
2. Your positioning is bad, and you're in front when you shouldn't be - you'd probably die even if they weren't Ashe/Cait.
3. Your team isn't focusing Ashe/Cait when given the sweet, sweet chance to - either they're bad, or somehow the other team has someone else more dangerous. In the latter case, that usually means that (1) is the real problem.
4. You're so underfed and/or underleveled that you die immediately. In which case, the Ashe/Cait is doing your team a favor by suicide diving you.

calcyoulater

05-12-2011

what am i supposed to do when im stuck solo bot cuse somone left right off the bat. my team wont respond to help me with bot against hiemerdinger and malzahar. besides watch them win the game in 20mins because i cant stop them solo.

do ppl actualy play smarter when u get to ranked?