Physical Damage.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tookoo

03-29-2010

Physical damage teams are absolutely ridiculous. Pointless trying to play against them. Armor does nothing compared to magic resist. Rolling around with 60% reduced dmg from armor and still instantly die. Cool itemization. But if you stack just a little bit of magic resist you can tell a ton. Now all you see are these 5 physical dmg teams with maybe 1 caster just rolling through everything. Its stupid. Fix how armor scales against physical damage. Thanks. Should have been done a long time ago

Eppa

03-29-2010

I think its the opposite mages are ridiculous while more than 2 phys gimps your team.

However when I play with a friend on a smurf it seems like games go on forever and the dps gets farmed yes they do a lot of damage and if your team can't focus them down you will lose.

Mages win early --> mid game. while physical dominates late game

tookoo

03-29-2010

Any physical dmg team w/ a few ranged physical in there will absolutely destroy any balanced caster/physical, or caster heavy team. They get pure turret advantage since mages can only auto attack and AP does nothing for that. But items for physical adds to turret dmg as well. So its much easier to get items as physical, and its pretty easy to avoid being ganked or feeding as a ranged physical such as siver / ashe. And like i said before.. a little magic resist goes a long way, where as a lot of armor goes nowhere but gimps you stats.

Nqke

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
Mages win early --> mid game. while physical dominates late game
I LOLED.

You really think a Veigar / Annie / Ryze / Any other mage dominate from early to mid ? BULL**** !

Early : Veigar is low, Annie is low, Ryze is... bit less low, and all other mages are.

Mid : Veigar is good, Annie is good, Ryze is... bit better, and all other mages are good.

End : Veigar is OP, Annie is OP, Ryze is OVEROP, and all other mages 2shot your mum.

Think about that.

TechYS

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookoo View Post
Any physical dmg team w/ a few ranged physical in there will absolutely destroy any balanced caster/physical, or caster heavy team. They get pure turret advantage since mages can only auto attack and AP does nothing for that. But items for physical adds to turret dmg as well. So its much easier to get items as physical, and its pretty easy to avoid being ganked or feeding as a ranged physical such as siver / ashe. And like i said before.. a little magic resist goes a long way, where as a lot of armor goes nowhere but gimps you stats.
Assuming they're actually smart enough to go sneak up to a tower without creeps to avoid detection. Otherwise if you push towards a tower, guess what, you're about to get ganked!

Dps, mage, etc, whatnot. It all depends on who is behind the champion being played. Even if the best carry ranged dps has all their items complete, but yet plays poorly, the team is not going to go very far. (although there's a logical flaw in there, if your carry plays poorly, he/she is not going to have a complete set of items, so this statement is really in theory)

tookoo

03-29-2010

techys you dont get it. In a team fight, trying to kill a full physical dmg team with some magic resist is impossible. they will **** all over you all day. But if the other team stacks up some armor vs them, it does nothing. you still get **** on. try to push turrets with a caster team when the other team has a ashe/siver combo.. you arent going to get a push without getting equal turrets taken atleast

...And this is all assuming playing a team of equal skill of non baddies

Praedoran

03-29-2010

I'm sure many of us have beaten physical damage teams without too much problem, however I'm not sure where your problems lie. Is it just the Ranged Physical damage types you have a problem with? You mentioned Ashe and Sivir, so I'm assuming Trist would fall into that category too.

As a little breakdown of numbers and how the mechanics work, here's my analysis:
The reason Magic Resist seems to work so effectively is because it's the weaker growth of the two. Stacking just a little MR means you can almost double your EHP (Effective Hit Points) against them easily. In the same vein, that's why good casters stack Magic Pen.

Armor grows naturally and easily, meaning you shouldn't invest a lot in it. Instead, focus on more utility like gaining a Warden's Mail. It cuts a sizable portion of the damage out. Also, to make the armor you do have more effective, you need a good HP baseline.

Think about it this way:
2000 HP, 30% Armor resist = 2600 EHP.
40% Armor resist = 2800 EHP.
You're better off getting an item that gives 200 or more Hit Points than say, stacking enough armor for another 10% damage reduction.

Just like in most PvP, raw HP > Greater Armor, because you don't need efficiency of heals to damage, you need to just survive.

killsteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookoo View Post
They get pure turret advantage since mages can only auto attack and AP does nothing for that. But items for physical adds to turret dmg as wel .
A large % of AP counts as damage to turrets. The only real disadvantage for casters attacking turrets is slow attack speed.

PatMcGroyne

03-29-2010

Ummm I think the OP is high and just very upset because his team was bad... I had 60% dmg reduction as shen against a AD team and none of them could scratch me lol combined with feint and vorpal blade 3 of them were hitting me and I was gaining HP. The reason you are probably having trouble is because of their skills... You stack armor but some of their skills still do magic damage and that is probably what is killing you.

jedininjaman

03-29-2010

lol....
armor and MR function the same way.
for 2k gold you can get 100 armor.
However there is not a single MR item that gives 100 MR
Closest if FoN, which gives round 76 (and some awesome regen) for 3.6k gold
Dont feed and carries wont be able to carry
>thread null.