Jungle Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Japato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

So, I recently picked up Ezreal (during his rotation last week) and have found him to be an almost perfect fit for my playstyle when I need to roll AD. I've been experimenting with builds here and there, and I think for the most part I have that down.

What I'm wondering about is jungling with him. I've only seen it done once, and the guy who did it was insanely successful with it. I'm wondering how people have been building him for jungling as far as masteries, runes, and items are concerned. I read a guide that recommended a Doran's blade and a health pot, but ever since the price increase on Dorans' items... I'm not sure how well that will work.

Thanks a lot!

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

It can be done. But he just doesnt gain much from leveling that helps him in the jungle compared to traditional junglers such as Udyr, Trundle or even Karthus.

Japato

05-12-2011

No, I wouldn't think so. This would be used almost exclusively for 5-man premades with my roommates and friends for when we just feel like doing whatever we want.

manwhat

05-12-2011

I don't think you need different runes for jungle Ezreal than you do for regular Ezreal. You might have some health runes, probably health quintessences in place of whatever you usually have.

I don't really see why you'd bother, though. Ezreal's early laning is good, and it's better to capitalise on that rather than risk jungling.

TheUntzBus33

05-12-2011

I've never done it, but most jungle builds are pretty similar. A solid generic jungle build would be...

Ghost/Smite (may want to get flash for Ez, but it's your choice)
Masteries:
21/0/9
*Be sure to include improved smite & 2 points into the damage to minions mastery in the damage tree
*Be sure to get at least one point into the increased buff duration and max your experience gain mastery in the utility tree.
* May want to go 20/0/10 in favor of getting 2 points in increased buff duration

Runes:
- 9 x Attack Speed Reds
- 9 x Flat armor Yellows
- 9 x Attack Speed Blues
- 3x Armor Pen Quints

Like I said, I haven't played a jungle Ez, but I would imagine this early jungling strategy would work well.

Start with Cloth Armor and health pots x5

I doubt he would be able to successfully do blue at lvl 1, so I would suggest a rotation on the weaker non-buff jungle mobs starting at the location you feel safest: wolves or mini golems, (grab their wraiths if you think you can safely then head to your wolves) usng smite on the large wraith (can use on their wraith camp, AND yours. The cd should be up by that time). Kill the little minions that come with the red buff if you have enough health for it (if not dont worry about it, just makes things easier later)

After one rotation, refill your health pots to have 4 total, then attempt blue buff. If successful, rotate around your non-buff minions again. I would hold off on red until you feel comfortable with the amount of hp you have (wait for next rotation). Complete this rotation then head back to shop. At this time, you should have the 700 gold necessary to purchase your madreds razor. Grab that + a couple pots. Head straight to red buff, grab it, then start ganking.

Skillwise, I would start with Q at lvl 1 and max it while leveling. 1 point in both E and W (should have all abilities by level 4).

Item build:
1. Cloth armor + 5 health pots
2. Madreds Razor
3. Rank 1 boots
4. Wriggle's Lantern*
5. Manamune*
6. Rank 2 Boots (CD Reduction boots)*
7. Sheen
8. Trinity Force*

This is the standard build for an Ez (with a jungle tweak to it with the Lantern). From here you could build situationally (LW, BV, Madreds Bloodrazor, etc.). You can swap out the Lantern for a BT lategame if you get that far.

I have been jungling with cait a bit recently and she is similar in playstyle with Ez. I imagine this setup SHOULD work. Good luck