Something seems to hold Lux back...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brinzy

05-12-2011

... but I can't figure it out. Her cooldowns don't seem to be terribly long once you get 40% CDR but before then they're a bit long. Her range is amazing. Her passive is probably there to reward Lux players for actually giving up her range for once. Yet, for some reason she still doesn't seem to be satisfying.Maybe I just don't enjoy her anymore, or maybe others feel that she's lacking, just a little?

Perhaps I'm playing her improperly, but during laning phase I feel that in order to zone with this character, I have to burn through a lot more mana than I would on most other champions and my cooldowns are so much longer than most. Enemies that know Lux realize that once they dodge my E, they can just hide behind minions to reduce or completely avoid my Q and I have nothing else to fall back on for a long time. Even if I land my E, the damage isn't too impressive until it gets some ranks in, and even then I think it's balanced around Lux following up with a melee ability - which kinda screws over the zoning aspect since a lot of champs can respond to Lux's melee range.

Sokar468

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Yeah, you mention a lot of the concerns I have, especially about activating the passive against champions that are waiting for you to get closer. Even if you level E, most champions will shrug off the damage or simply won't care about it, so it's not always great for zoning. This is why I never want to mid with Lux. I try to work with a lane partner that can benefit from Lux's snare.

Whyplash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Her passive is actually the key to getting kills on her. Q->Auto Attack->E->Auto Attack combo does more damage than people realize. Finish with R.

Harass with E (aim BEHIND the enemy champ, not on top of them).

I use clarity and clairvoyance as my summoner spells. Use them like they are going out of style.

Rush Morello's Evil Tome and Ionian Boots for CDR 40% cap. Then just stack AP. Farm with R and E (24 second cooldown on R (rank 3) is amazing ).

Lux has some of the best kiting in the game if you ever find yourself getting ganked. Her W gives amazing amounts of survivability to you and your team, and her Q allows you to root 2 champs at once. E in front of them to keep the kite going (don't detonate it until they walk into it)

I love mid or solo with Lux.

B33TL3

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyplash View Post
Her passive is actually the key to getting kills on her. Q->Auto Attack->E->Auto Attack combo does more damage than people realize
I do

Q -> E (Set) -> Auto Attack -> E (Detonate) -> Auto Attack/Laz0r

Brinzy

05-12-2011

Bump for more opinions and advice.

Warscythes

05-12-2011

Lux is fine, she is a competitive pick.

Dthehunter

05-12-2011

Get Lich Bane. It compliments her passive and gives her some muched needed survability through move speed and MR.

Rushuna Tendo

05-12-2011

Not saying none of this is true , But IMO no sailormoon skin and commando skin are holding her back