Too many suggestions!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xiao

08-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logo View Post
Yeah that I agree with. Sub form would be ideal, or at least in here where the board moves slower.
Agreed.

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

08-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzle Dazzle View Post
why teh **** would u make a thread complaining about it?

"OMG to many useless threads taking up all the room for constructive ones!" then u just about make teh most pointless thread ever...
Hate to agree but this guy is right.

This thread is just firewood to the fire.

Shadowclaimer

08-28-2009

Throw my vote for a Suggestions subforum, or at least some sort of Suggestion System where people can rate suggestions and it autosorts better suggestions towards the top.

I find it sad that some of the better ones get drowned out.

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2009

Have to agree with you on that Shadowclaimer. A good, refined system would be rather nice. Perhaps rather than ***** about the problem, this thread should be a reservoir of ideas to fix it? I mean, even the DotA forums have a better system currently, and it'd pretty bad and overclogged there. We need some sort of quality filter, a way to sort out ones that simply have no thought put into them, but that's difficult to do, especially without the possible rages it can bring.

The current quality of many champions I see is pretty lacking. A few are quite good, a few don't feel like they fit, but many are pretty bad. It kind of irritates me when I put a lot of thought into one, a unqiue theme, covering an area no other does, how to keep things balanced, and such, and it falls behind because like three are posted per day.

As LoL becomes more popular, more people will make suggestions, and as usual, good ones will be drowned out. At a minimum, we need a subforum for each type of suggestion to keep them out of the main forums and help sort them, beyond that a rating system would be useful as well as a set of guidelines, and a voting system. Possibly force all champion suggestions to use public voting, that way people will have to explain why they vote the way they do. Random thumbs down votes and thumbs up votes really aren't as helpful.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

The Poj

08-28-2009

Even though there are still unreleased champions, this does not deny anyone the option of making concept for new champions. To be honest, if i wanted to see a bunch of terrible champions go into the game, i wouldnt suggest any of my ideas. Its not like riotgames is releasing 9 godly champions no one will ever be able to compare to. Also a new forum would help stop the number of people who have posted the same thing you have. For every 10 suggestions we get one of these posts. Maybe if you read some posts instead of complaining how the forum is flooded, you would see one of these. Thanks.

Shadowclaimer

08-29-2009

I think a simple database to contain Champion suggestions would be nice, would have a formatted text lines and everything.

So basically a Champion Creating Tool so to say.

You'd upload an icon (certain dimensions), and then you pick a name, and then each ability has a slot to input a name and slots for each rank. Then information about his model design (can upload an image here too) and an area to add playstyle.

Then just add a rating system and comments, and the top rated ones would show up on the Portal of the system's page, so people can see the best designs.

Vargoth

08-29-2009

I think it'd make a lot of sense (and answer the problem posted in this thread) to have a separate subforum for hero suggestions as opposed to feedback, which is what this subforum is meant for. I definitely agree that having these threads that don't belong here muddles things up and probably makes it more difficult for Riot to filter through for good feedback.

I hope someone actually reads this.

LeonX

08-29-2009

Man... as a lover of creating champs, as people may see, I created maybe four of them here in beta, I must say: I don't think Riot gives a damn to any of the champs we have been posting here...

I created champions who have received tons of positive feedback, but they never really ever posted anything to them and nothing assures that they ever read any of them.

We are here to beta test there games and give feedback to the game, not to suggest any champion. If we were supposed to, maybe there would be a sub for that.

I am really enjoying LoL... but the only thing is that I got kind of disappointed with the champions and that's why I try to give them ideas, and is probably because of that, that people suggest too much.
The thing is that many of the champions are not too attractive to the public. I don't know... but they kind of miss an appeal. So in all of my suggestions I try to put something new into them. I trully beleive that my Dark/Light Master would be very appealing for the gamers such as some of the original champions as: Ryze and Warwick who are the ones who I beleive that call more for the selection.

I think I stated my point in what LoL is lacking, and why so many suggestions.
Thanks!