Gragas, the underestimated???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wretch

03-13-2010

At one point I believed that Gragas was a bit on the weak side. I have been playing him a lot recently and I keep getting the, "sigh, Gragas" comments. So far in the last couple days I have went 13/5 with Gragas during solo play. Not a single pre-made. We all know how solo play can be.

I am not sure why people believe that he is such a weak champ. So far I have been building him AP of course. At around 400 AP he can usually disrupt a team push all by himself. The only teams that I have struggled against are teams consisting of High health champs. When you facing an alistar, mundo, jax, gangplank, and morgana team, sure Gragas will suffer, but so will any burst damage champ.

Items such as the banshee's veil also wreck burst damage champs like Gragas. Altho I do not believe this to be a fault of champs like Gragas but more of a fault of items like the veil. the fact that a veil can absorb unlimited 1 hit damage is a bit absurd.

As of today I keep running into Ashe and Teemo of which, Gragas shreds. By the end of most games with an Ashe and Teemo I am 2 shotting them with barrel into ultimate. I just do not see why people believe this champ is weak

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2010

Really, he WAS weak, and then noone bothered getting back into him when he was buffed. I think in the next couple weeks, we'll see some changes coming to how Gragas is viewed, because he may not have much CC, but he has 3 very effective skill shots, and a way to increase his mana on a timer. I think Riot quite possibly has him close to balanced, if not a touch OP (I doubt it... but I haven't seen much of him yet)

DonJuancho

03-13-2010

He's actually quite viable now. I've even seen DPS types in some games (belly charge oriented builds, lol). Did that skill get a buff?

Ferg

03-13-2010

When I first started I tried Gragas and the main issue I found was that his barrel roll was SOOOOO slow that you could just walk away easily. Now with that 25% boost I find landing barrels rather simple. Over all I find Gragas to be one of the most underrated champs in the game.

I regularly come up with 5+ kills, 4 or fewer deaths and 10+ assists. And I play AP which even people who play Gragas underestimate. But then most people who play AP casters tend to forget that 100% AP isn't always the best way to go, particularly with Gragas.

Fantastic Colors

03-13-2010

There are few people who know how to play Gragas

but they can be scary good

Wretch

03-13-2010

So far the only problems that I have had with Gragas are those champs that have high health while also having super high DPS. Jax and blitz for example. Jax will have over 3k health as well as 30 to 50% dodge, there is simply nothing Gragas can do to him. One game I had 732 AP, unloaded on jax, got him to half health, heh. This is more of a balancing proiblem with certain other champs imo and not something wrong with gragas.

Ireulcheg

03-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuancho View Post
He's actually quite viable now. I've even seen DPS types in some games (belly charge oriented builds, lol). Did that skill get a buff?
Here you go, belly charge oriented build:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3854/gragas2.png

That skill was reworked, it became short, mouse-targeted, and faster. Also now it works like trynd's spin, so you can pass walls with it. Unless it doesn't glitch.

I made a glitchlist of Gragas, the whole page of it, now I can report one more:

Body slam collides with Gangplank's Cannon Barrage cannonballs. Yet another body slam glith, QQ.

And, on the topic - Gragas is UP because his glitch-list takes whole page. He's going to be mid-tier or a bit over it when his glitches are fixed, but that can be never. So, UP.

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

03-13-2010

Dps gragas wrecks people... holy cow- he is definitely tricky to play still, but his dps potential is huge. Stacking attack speed and lifesteal works really well from my experience.

Fantastic Colors

03-13-2010

I just wish the free Gragas players did use their barrels wisely

I lost the count of how many times the Gragas on our team would scream up our team fight by sending the enemy champs to safety

DeadRamza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2010

lady gragas is VERY good...
don't need any changes...
because he's great
changing him will only ruin him