Let me tell you how to Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrrZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2010

2 exag0n
nice post. though brutalizer is just bad. through in 600 gold and you'll get more armor penetration and 40% attack speed at a cost of only 5 damage.

rushing bf is kinda easy if you are going solo mid and have couple successful ganks. farming is so much easier with bf.

IHelpPro

03-13-2010

Brutalizer is amazing, combined with 3 point sundering spec and full APEN red and quints. That's around 50 armor penetration earlygame. HUGE boost to ashe's DPS, especially combined with a red elixar. Not to mention lategame, it synergizes with last whisper very well.

The good ashe I've seen goes something alone the line of this:
sapphire + 2 hp pot
catalyst
merc tread
brutalizer
inf edge
banshees (earlier if required)
last whisper

(with red elixars in the middle)

Exag0n

03-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrrZ View Post
2 exag0n
nice post. though brutalizer is just bad. through in 600 gold and you'll get more armor penetration and 40% attack speed at a cost of only 5 damage.

rushing bf is kinda easy if you are going solo mid and have couple successful ganks. farming is so much easier with bf.
While I can see skipping brutalizer to be fine, going last whisper instead is a huge mistake. First of all, you do not get more armour pen. Flat armour pen gets applied first, then the 40% from last whisper.

Say for some odd reason they have 50 armour, which would be high for anyone at the point when you get brutalizer. It's more likely they'll have more like 30 to 40.

You have 18 pen from marks, 6 from masteries and 15 from brutalizer for a total of 39 armour pen. With a last whisper, you get 24 armour pen - 40% of what's left, which is 0.4 x 26 = 10.4, say 11. The armour pen from brutalizer and last whisper are equivalent if their armour is 61.5, and if their armour is higher then last whisper is better. However, brutalizer is significantly cheaper and gives a solid +25 damage, with a nice 10% cooldown reduction.

Again, it really depends. If you are solo mid and getting good last hitting then I'd say it's best to rush BF after boots (so doran's whatever, boots1, BF). However, I don't find Ashe to be that great a solo mid, and if she's in a side lane I can see farming BF first to be more of a problem because she won't do any damage at all in the laning phase (and she won't be able to gank either for the same reason). So if I were in a dual lane, I'd most likely open brutalizer.

TrrZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2010

Quote:
Flat armour pen gets applied first, then the 40% from last whisper.
no. first goes armor reduction (starks, cleaver, skills). then % penetration then flat penetration

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=3287

so against ashe lvl 9 (40 armor) lw will get you 16 armor penetration. that's already more than brutalizer. the tankier the enemy, the higher his level is the better last whisper gets

i might consider brutalizer as a lategame purchase against armor stacking enemy, though it still doesn't bring enough on the table

as for cdr, i run cdr runes and masteries, so with golem i hit more than 40% cdr ). that'll be fixed when I switch my cooldown reduction quints for flat hp

Exag0n

03-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrrZ View Post
no. first goes armor reduction (starks, cleaver, skills). then % penetration then flat penetration

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=3287

so against ashe lvl 9 (40 armor) lw will get you 16 armor penetration. that's already more than brutalizer. the tankier the enemy, the higher his level is the better last whisper gets

i might consider brutalizer as a lategame purchase against armor stacking enemy, though it still doesn't bring enough on the table

as for cdr, i run cdr runes and masteries, so with golem i hit more than 40% cdr ). that'll be fixed when I switch my cooldown reduction quints for flat hp
Ah, fair enough. I don't think getting early AS is worth it anyway though, given how little damage she does.

Also, in almost all situations there is someone who needs golem buff so much more than Ashe.

Tornsoul

03-13-2010

I have around 120 games played on Ashe, with a record of about 80-40ish a close to 70% win ratio.

As for your snide remark about philo stone, I open while philo stone every game, in fact if the laning phase is going slowly, both sides holding their towers well, watching for ganks etc, I may even get a second one before getting BF sword. This gives you enough mana regen to spam volley leaving your blue buff open for a caster that needs it.

During laning I will spam volley every time its up even though you suggest not too, if I can hit the enemy hero with volley, every time it comes up, I will do so.

This forces them to go heal as they cannot stay in the lane, later on in the game when they are pushing towers, no one is going to dive into a tower with an ashe there, spamming 200+ damage volleys. Ashe is not a hard carry, she can be a carry provided you have the time to get the correct items, ideally you use her for her slow, and her ability to initate a fight with her ult with a reasonable amount of damage to back it up.

inept

03-13-2010

this has to be a troll guide, it says like everything that you can possibly do wrong

EmperorCookie

03-13-2010

I like to see you guys troll my guide.

2 things might be true in ALL of your cases when you ASHE.
- You play horribly, placing yourself badly in team fights, die too fast and sense the need for defensive items early.
- You haven't even tried my build in a solomid. Having the arrow THIS soon is a huge advantage.

By the time I get my banshee's veil, the enemies start ignoring my whole team to focus me because they see how the 3 core items can own them. But luckily I already have my Veil which is enough to get away from focus and start owning again.

I'm not that old as a LoL player, but I've been gaming since about 15 years. I've got experience. Period.

Edit: Oh and after the 3 core items, you can change almost what you want. I just gave what I sometimes get because it always changes. I even tried Sheen but with the nerf adding flat damage instead of being based on my AD, it totally sucks. In fact, Sheen is now useless for most chars.

EmperorCookie

03-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exag0n View Post
Ah, fair enough. I don't think getting early AS is worth it anyway though, given how little damage she does.

Also, in almost all situations there is someone who needs golem buff so much more than Ashe.
All good excuses to follow my guide. Get BF soon and clarity to leave that golem to anyone else. Mana mana mana = harrass harrass harrass.

Xender

03-13-2010

dont really like ur build at all, but to each his own
i would run 21/0/9 if i was 30

cleanse/flash..against another ashe mid cleanse is huge, cleanse their arrow and use urs and they wont see it coming also these 2 help for ashe's little escape besides slow kiting

arpen marks and quints
magic resist/lvl or mp5/lvl seals and glyphs...most likely gunna use mr

1. saphire+2 hp pots
2. cata
3.boots
4.brutalizer
5. zerker treads/merc depending on other team
6. infinity edge
7. last whisper
8. banshees
9. either starks or bloodthirster depending on team
if the game still hasnt ended ill get either a guardians or a phantom dancer

i usually sit back so i dont really have a problem with dying but if i do I get banshees earlier.