Let me tell you how to Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmperorCookie

03-13-2010

Before you start, this is not like all the other Ashe guides. Clearly not.

So, YES another ASHE guide... But I'm so tired of seeing bad Ashes who actually think they're good. Especially seeing an Ashe in MID not being the team's carry because she started with philo or tried building up banshi's veil first... This guide will serve noobs for how to play Ashe and pros for the build. I'm especially proud of this build. For example, my last game, where I just made the last modifications, I went 16/2/14. Pretty awesome if you ask. Oh and I'm mid/high ELO, but I'm working on that! ;-)

I won't put the archer's stats in here as you can get them in the game database. The most important points in playing Ashe are said in the database and those deserve to be copied here so you actually READ them!!!

*Try to fire Enchanted Crystal Arrow in the same direction enemies are moving, so it is more likely to hit.
- Duh..
*You can fire Enchanted Crystal Arrow from your fountain, and if timed with summoner Teleport, can result in a maximum duration stun.
- Example, when you are over Lvl6, clear the enemy minion wave and let him then push to your tower. Then, head behind your tower and bluepill so the enemy can see you. Buy some items, shoot crystal arrow, wait 2-3 seconds and TP to your tower. The enemy will want every hit on your tower so he will wait just a second before you're done with TP. But you have improved so he only has .5 seconds left in fact AND your arrow hits him for 3.5 sec stun, leaving your plenty of time to either kill him or force him to bluepill. Worst case, he will now play very defensively and last hitting will be easy. I will talk about all those details later in the guide.
*It's often best to wait until your allies have engaged the enemy and attack while their focus is elsewhere.
- I will never stress this one enough... Until late in the build, you're squishy. It's not your job to take hits!! I often stay just in range for my volley while waiting for the enemy to be engaged on someone, that way I can harrass before the fight.

-----===== RUNES =====-----

Quints:
I always use bonus XP. They work with every char. With a Zilean, I go up to 19% bonus XP. That makes a huge difference. Without Zilean in the team I get 11%, which is noticeable.
Move speed quints also work pretty well as you won't ever get chased... But I prefer XP.
Crit damage also works well with your other runes.

Other runes:
Crit damage.

-----===== SUMMONER SPELLS =====-----

Teleport. Always needed with Ashe, you can do so many things and being the team's carry, you need to be there without asking questions.

Clarity. That leaves you place in your items so you don't need Meki's Pendant or other funky useless items for Ashe. Also, it's a great kick-in to Clarity > R > Kill.

Why not to use the other spells:
You won't be there when your team needs you without teleport.
You won't have enough mana to arrow with the best timing without clarity, especially at game start. Also, you never get bonus mana items unless you take Banshee's Veil so even late game it will be usefull. Also, your teammates will love you.

-----===== MASTERIES =====-----

I go 8/0/22 (Link). This will help with the most needed mana and leave money for more important items.

You need the attack speed in offense and the crit chance. The AP is just because you don't have any choice, given the summoner spells.

22? Why utility you noob! Don't utility a DPS!!!... Well YES I will utility a DPS. Too usefull to forget.

HP5+MP5 FTW huh? Helps at start for the mana and the HP.
Improved teleport so that the enemy has .5 seconds less to retreat when you arrow TP.
Improved experience to level faster and get that arrow faster to surprise your enemy faster... Well you get the twist.
Improved mana because Ashe really LACKS mana. One of the champions with the lowest mana.
You can alter the points between experience and mana to have the one you prefer. I prefer experience.
Greed because you need many items.
5MP5 for 3 talents? Go ahead. With all that mana and clarity, you won't ever fear "not having enough mana for arrow", like you don't have to worry OMG won't be able to arrow no kill because no mana... NEVER!
More speed because you'll have at least 1 Phantom Dancer which increase in %.
CD reduct to harrass more with W
-15% CD on summoner spells to be everywhere you need to with teleport.

-----===== ABILITIES =====-----

Q: Always have this on when you attack players. ALWAYS! And don't forget to turn it off if you died because it stays on through death... Pretty annoying if you ask me because you will think it's off and then "turn it on" and then ask yourself why was it off...

W: HARRASS!! Here are the occasions where you will NOT use volley:
- When there's nothing to attack
- Damage minions without killing any
Everything else is a good reason, even last hit 1 minion you wouldn't get because your autoattack isn't fast enough. You can get mana by bluepill, but you will never get money that way.

E: It's up to you if you want to put points in this but I don't... I prefer to have slow and volley maxed out, they will earn you more gold than that silly skill that I only use to keep up the gold income in late game. Max that last.

R: Ultimate Arrow of doom that the enemy will hate so much!! USE IT WHEN IT'S NOT ON COOLDOWN!! I've seen so many Ashes NOT using this skill, like having 3 arrows shot in a 45 minutes game... It pisses me off, especially if Ashe was our MID!!
One important rule is, don't shoot this one point blank. Be at least behind your Volley range before you shoot this. Like way behind, almost 2 autoattack range behind.
Another important note is to keep your clarity up for when you NEED that arrow NOW!!
- Shoot arrow from base to center, wait 2-3 seconds and use teleport for a surprise kill.
- Shoot from mid to lane and teleport for a surprise gank, the enemy won't ever call MIA on this one!
- Shoot when a team fight doesn't initiate and some enemy champion came a little near your team. In team fights, you should be behind your team being aware of enemies trying to flank (IE: slowing them and then G+click to ping so your team prevents you from being the focus of the fight)
- Last resort, harrass with W untill mid-low health and shoot arrow for a kill.
- The enemy's "Cleanse" will have a higher CD than your arrow. Use arrow, he will cleanse. Repeat arrow, he won't cleanse... KILL!

I usually start with W to harrass the most I can, having mana regen, more mana than any Ashe and Clarity, I can and I will use Volley as often as possible.

1: W
2: Q
3: W
4: Q
5: W
6: R whenever you can
Then max W because you need minimum CD on that one to harrass, then Q and last E.

-----===== ITEMS =====-----

1) Boots of Speed + 3 Health Potions OR Doran's Shield if you're a Doran user. (NEVER take Doran's Blade, it's a total fail and I won't explain why here.)
2) BF Sword, don't ask any questions. If you don't get that, you won't have any killing power at all. I usually get it by lvl8 if I get a kill or 2.
3) Berzerker's Greaves
4) Zeal
5) Cloak of Agility
6) Infinity Edge
7) Cloak of Agility
8) Phantom Dancer

Now you should be owning the game in damage with 3 items, but you very much lack the survivability. So next step is defense.

If you're having trouble with casters, including JAX, go this way.
9) Negatron Cloak
10) Banshee's Veil

If you're having trouble with autoattackers, go this way.
9) Chain Vest
10) Warden's Mail Because when fleeing you don't always have time to use your slow. So this will give you the help you need to get a head start and be able to use volley. If you don't agree, you can always get Frozen Heart.

Then, if no one or only one stacks HP on the enemy team:
11) The Black Cleaver if you have a good team
Oc
11) The Bloodthirster if you don't. Don't forget to feed your thirster with creeps.

And if at least 2 stack HP:
11) Madred's Bloodrazor

Continue with the build:
12) Phantom Dancer

When you get all this, you're the carry that kills tanks and survives pretty much well. With all that crit chance, you're awesome. This build crits over the 800-900s.

Tell me if I forgot something and please comment!

TrrZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2010

nice guide
but so WRONG

1)

Quote:
With a Zilean, I go up to 19% bonus XP
or 16% without XP quints.

2)
Quote:
Crit damage also works well with your other runes.
wrong
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=70173

3)
Quote:
Teleport. Always needed with Ashe, you can do so many things and being the team's carry, you need to be there without asking questions.

Clarity. That leaves you place in your items so you don't need Meki's Pendant or other funky useless items for Ashe. Also, it's a great kick-in to Clarity > R > Kill.
Ashe has no escape ability. You are an easy target for a gank, and believe me, when you'll go against more organized teams you'll be ganked a lot and you'll die a lot

4)
fail. no escape ability. stun = death.

5)
Quote:
ITEMS
you have no armor penetration runes or items. you deal half damage to the ppl who are not stacking def items and no damage at all to champions who are

in conclusion:
with 136 wins i doubt that u r close to mid/high elo. you've just hit 30, unless you have A LOT of deaths or have bought xp boost which doesn't bring a lot of gaming experience, really.

with this build, when you'll start to face harder competition in higher elo, your nickname shall read 'iFed'.

also, having 20 wins with ashe is not a sign that it's time to write a guide

now, having written all this, i can finally say what I wanted instead of all the above:
god u suck!

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2010

Hi, I'm high Elo player, and I can tell by your guide that you are not.

First of all, Clarity is terrible on Ashe. Catalyst is all you need for Mana. I also like to get Clarities in glyphs.

8/0/22 on Ashe is fail. Ashe is a crit *****, she needs atleast 21 point in offensive tree.

Boot as first item is terrible, unless you're name is Tristana. Get Sapphire crystal and 2x hp.

Your runes are terrible. Armor pen > anything else

Overall bad guide, please stop writing guide when you have only 20 wins on that hero.

shark kisses

03-13-2010

I think the biggest flaw with this guide is that you seem to be spending about 8k in gold before you're buying anything for survivability. Ashe with base HP and base damage mitigation is going to end up dying to AoE in the group push phase of the game.

That aside, I think this is a decent low ELO guide.

Aramathia

03-13-2010

My Ashe

Summoner abilities
Clarity
Ignite

Runes
Growth Attack Damage Quint
Growth Attack Damage Marks
Growth Armor Seals
Growth Ability Power Glyphs

Why? Because they are all primaries and getting bad rolls on the randomizer, killing your crit rate < solid over all damage.

Items

Boots. I buy boots based on what dominant types of enemy champs I am fighting. I try for Boots of Mobility or Boots of Swiftness, but, if there are a lot of fast fire rate enemies, I generally pick up Beserker Greaves. You can argue no escape all you want but plain fact is. If they have fast fire rate, you are more than likely to not get away anyhow. Besides, unless they exhaust my build, I will usually out drain them.

Bloodthirster times 2. Fully grown, 50% life drain and 200 attack power.

Starks Favor. 45% attack speed, 30 hp regen, 20% life steal. So now you have a 70% return on your damage in case of those pesky Thornshield people and can usually stand up one on one vs any enemy not similarly set up in life drain but having a faster fire rate.

Phantom Dancer. 45% attack speed, 30% crit rate, 12% movement rate, 20% dodge rate. Nice utility rune to increase your get away/chase power and make you more survivable with dodge and the crits for higher life drain returns.

Final Item I chose based on enemies. I like Infinity Edge to grant +80 attack power and +20% crit rate, but, if there are a lot of meat tanks on the map, I pick Madred's Bloodrazor. 4% target health in bonus damage is nice, unless they are running thornmail. Lot of stunners on the map? Banshee's Veil to shut their stuns down. Lot of fast movers? Frozen Mallet slows them down so you don't have to chew through mana with Q toggle on. Bonus hp is always nice on ashe too. If game goes long, I might even go with trinity force. Lot of armor guys? Last Whisper or Black Cleaver, depending on how resistant they get. If they are running 200 to 300 armor, Last Whisper has more bang for the buck. Below that Black Cleaver does.

Final note, Ashe is not a tank so hang back, get your assist kills and finish off low health people. Learn how to put artillery fire down range effectively to assist the team. More than a few times, a well placed stun shot will end in enemy deaths. Kill/Death ratio is stupid. Don't be worried about it unless you are getting farmed a lot. Wins and Losses are the only thing that counts. Play for the team, not yourself, because Ashe is not a team killer and therefore can not win the game unless you play your role properly. A carry.

TrrZ

03-13-2010

aramathia, are you trolling or what?

AP runes on ashe, right. frozen mallet, triforce. cool stuff

you die too much in your games. in your 3 last games with ashe you have more or equal deaths than kills, don't you think it's bad and should be countered by having flash instead of ignite?

to be honest, in nine of your last ten games u either have equal k-d ratio or you are feeding. and still you recommend taking clarity and ignite

if after 400+ games you still tend to die 9-12 times in a game while not playing tank several games in a row, it's a sign to uninstall the game. or to smurf to play with nubs like you

Aramathia

03-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrrZ View Post
aramathia, are you trolling or what?

AP runes on ashe, right. frozen mallet, triforce. cool stuff

you die too much in your games. in your 3 last games with ashe you have more or equal deaths than kills, don't you think it's bad and should be countered by having flash instead of ignite?

to be honest, in nine of your last ten games u either have equal k-d ratio or you are feeding. and still you recommend taking clarity and ignite

if after 400+ games you still tend to die 9-12 times in a game while not playing tank several games in a row, it's a sign to uninstall the game. or to smurf to play with nubs like you
Kill death ratio is **** stuff. Win loss is where it is at. Next time I bust you for 800+ points of damage with my stun arrow, then talk to me about ap runes. I run ap runes because most champions will benefit from a little AP and just don't see the use of spending points on secondary or tertiary runes that have little or no effectiveness.

As to trolling? Can we say LoL? 21 points in Utility masteries and you want to talk about how I am set up? Oh yeah that 18 armor penetration 32 health and 10% cool down is gonna really make ashe more effective. Something the tally page doesn't take into count is the fact that in the last 4 times I played ashe, I was the only level 30 on the team, vs 3 or 4 level 30 enemies. Not to mention the fact that in at least 2 of those games, one of our team quit out, after feeding 12+ times.

Exag0n

03-13-2010

My current Ashe build that seems to have been working decently is as follows:

Start: Doran's ring + health pot.
First trip: Boots1, two longswords.
Third trip: Brutalizer, building towards merc treads as well as inf edge.
After this, the idea is to have doran's ring, merc treads, brutalizer, infinity edge done.
After this point, I usually constantly drink fortitude + agility potions while going towards banshee's veil.

Runes wise: armour pen marks, hp per level seals, cooldown per level glyphs, static hp quints.

I used to start meki + 2health pots always, but I found myself not really running out of mana that much. Doran's ring is important for the extra hp early and for the mana regen. The AP is irrelevant and just a nice-to-have. It's not an ideal starter item, but I think it's better overall than meki. Doran's shield can work too, but then I think you run into mana problems.

I didn't used to like brutalizer, but the additional armour pen you get on top of the armour pen marks makes a huge difference to damage especially when you go 21/0/9. I personally don't like rushing to inf edge because there's a decently long period of being useless while you get 2k gold for BF. Given how important merc treads are, I think it's safer to build mercs and brutalizer at the same time so your damage scales decently while increasing your survivability. After this point you should be able gank comfortably with decent damage.

After your inf edge you hit pretty hard, obviously. Since this build lacks crit chance and attack speed as well as any hp items (barring ring), running fortitude and agility elixers cover all of those aspects with some nice damage to boot. Depending on the team, I'd almost always go banshee's veil after the core 4 items, but if I were ahead I might consider last whisper for the AS and more armour pen, cleaver (maybe) if I were rich and really ahead or maybe phantom dancer. I'd prioritize drinking those elixers constantly though. They are hella cost-effective after the core items, but if the game is going on and on I might prioritize finishing another big item (especially veil).

TrrZ

03-13-2010

Quote:
I was the only level 30 on the team
I m not surprised your are teamed with ppl with lower level than you since they play as well as you or better. that's a shame

you are dying too much. fact. get some escape summoner spell. or uninstall the game

as for my rune setup, i haven't finished my book yet but i am not advising my setup to anyone. and still 19 armor pen is way better than 30 attack damage at level 18. especially combined with last whisper

Krath4

03-13-2010

Wanted to stop reading when I saw you got XP, Movespeed, and Crit Damage runes.

Actually stopped reading when I saw you took Clarity and Teleport.