Runes for jungle shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argothman

05-11-2011

I currently have Armor Penetration Marks and Quintessences, however my jungle is sort-of slow and dangerous.

What runes should I get, and what's the best route?

Shamanb

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argothman View Post
I currently have Armor Penetration Marks and Quintessences, however my jungle is sort-of slow and dangerous.

What runes should I get, and what's the best route?
Jungling with shaco has nothing to do with runes.

It's all about how you use your boxes.

uuuuuu

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamanb View Post
Jungling with shaco has nothing to do with runes.

It's all about how you use your boxes.
and your runes

ICEninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

I'm not a Shaco player, so feel free to take everythingI say with a grain of salt.

I have, however, played with a guy who is a fantastic Shaco jungler, and have intentions to try it out (so I asked him his strategies).

The runes he prefers are armor penetration reds, flat armor yellows, and attack speed blues/quints. He says with the AS given by blues/quints he's able to clear the jungle at such a pace that everything respawns right as he gets back to them, assuming so many seconds to gank, and an alternate rout if he dies during said gank that's almost as good.

You'll have to work the hard stuff out for yourself, but it's a good place to start. I think the AS also makes a fairly big difference on the wraiths, who give some squishy junglers a difficult time if they don't have AoE attacks.

With what you're concerned about specifically, I actually think these would really help. Higher AS really helps with speed of jungling, and the armor yellows should keep you in better health to be less risky. The armor penetration quints aren't doing you any favors in jungling, because with runes and marks, you've got enough armor penetration to do true damage to everything in the jungle for a while. The increased AS will always help regardless of the situation, both jungling and ganking.

Also, the increased armor penetration isn't going to help you gank squishies early game, which is what you want to be doing. Increased AS could mean the difference between getting another attack or two in.

Argothman

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEninja View Post
I'm not a Shaco player, so feel free to take everythingI say with a grain of salt.

I have, however, played with a guy who is a fantastic Shaco jungler, and have intentions to try it out (so I asked him his strategies).

The runes he prefers are armor penetration reds, flat armor yellows, and attack speed blues/quints. He says with the AS given by blues/quints he's able to clear the jungle at such a pace that everything respawns right as he gets back to them, assuming so many seconds to gank, and an alternate rout if he dies during said gank that's almost as good.

You'll have to work the hard stuff out for yourself, but it's a good place to start. I think the AS also makes a fairly big difference on the wraiths, who give some squishy junglers a difficult time if they don't have AoE attacks.

With what you're concerned about specifically, I actually think these would really help. Higher AS really helps with speed of jungling, and the armor yellows should keep you in better health to be less risky. The armor penetration quints aren't doing you any favors in jungling, because with runes and marks, you've got enough armor penetration to do true damage to everything in the jungle for a while. The increased AS will always help regardless of the situation, both jungling and ganking.

Also, the increased armor penetration isn't going to help you gank squishies early game, which is what you want to be doing. Increased AS could mean the difference between getting another attack or two in.
Thanks for the great feedback! I'll get some attack speed Glyphs and see how it goes.