Something about the new Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dmnii

05-11-2011

Hello Riot guys... here's the thing

The most i liked about playing shen was that he was amazing in lane in early games, dominating realtively easy with his good hp pool, but it has always been a little hard to farm gold fast enough to get a proper build, due to his low attack dmg i kinda hard and slow to farm only on minions, so getting some early kills is usually the most viable way to get some good gold. But since the nerf on his ki-strike and his vorpal blade dmg, now its almost imposibble to get early champion kills so Shen's gold making skill is very affected, even if his durability in lane is increased with the life steal. Hope you give him another review soon to improve shen's early game and gold making.

Thanks for reading....

P.D: plz pardon my english, it's not my first language xD

Organtrail

05-11-2011

You can use your dagger every couple seconds.. if you have even moderately decent timing you can easily get creep kills with it. No excuse..

Mr Threepwood

05-11-2011

Shen rapes face late. (By saving team mates hard and snaring opponents.) If you liked shen for his early game, and he shined during mid game, and still managed to be awesome late game, perhaps Riot was right in nerfing SOME portion of his game.

Dmnii

05-11-2011

yeah i know that shen's late game is still great, but now is a lot harder to make enough gold to get a good build, cuz the only way to have shen doing decent dmg is to have him with lots of healt. He's a hell of a tank, but he needs some kills too get decent gear to tank the late game.

Now about vorpal blade:
its low cooldown is great for last hitting many times, but if you use it just for that you loose the lifesteal, and if you overuse it, you get low on energy really fast and become nable to taunt/feint....

Xj6

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

You can still grab some Attack Damage Marks for your last hitting troubles. It gives a nice +9 for all game (added to the bonus minion damage from fortify).

There are always good solutions for problems in this game.

Unrealn00b

05-12-2011

"Tank shen has died... AP shen has been born!"
"But... AP shen is complete ****... o_0"
"AP SHEN HAS BEEN BORN!!!"

D1GNAM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmnii View Post
yeah i know that shen's late game is still great, but now is a lot harder to make enough gold to get a good build, cuz the only way to have shen doing decent dmg is to have him with lots of healt. He's a hell of a tank, but he needs some kills too get decent gear to tank the late game.

Now about vorpal blade:
its low cooldown is great for last hitting many times, but if you use it just for that you loose the lifesteal, and if you overuse it, you get low on energy really fast and become nable to taunt/feint....
shens dmg doesnt matter. If you are worried about his dmg your are doing it wrong.