Caitlyn or Vayne: who wins in a game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Godsend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

Cait is only good early game. Only good early game. Early game. Game. :[

Moddim

05-11-2011

teh troll is strong in here.

Frank the Golem

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doflamingo51 View Post
Cait is free this week so test here out. Wait until Vayne is free try her out then make your pick.
This.

Plus don't underestimate the part where you work with your team. What do they need more: a highly mobile ganker/carry with power steroids but no AoE, or a carry with no steroids but strong AoE poke and a heavy nuke?

Silver Daemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

Well vayne just came out so i feel like changes to her aren't a 100% finished yet so buying her so soon all depends on you. while caitlyn i think has reached her 100% changes by riot, she is pretty decent champ to own,

For me though i would buy vayne due to the fact that i think both of them having there full build, in a scenario of cait vs vayne, i think vayne would win.

mobility: vayne>caitlyn
range: caitlyn>vayne

Majority of Caitlyn's skills can be dodge or avoided - q,w and e while Vayne's skills mostly depend on her auto-attacking.

Tobeszijian

05-11-2011

I actually use both of them and the earlier comment is right about Cait being stronger and less dependent on early kills but if you become good with vayne she becomes very hard to kill. I can go toe to toe with almost any champion with vayne and either kill them or get away before they kill me, Tumble is a boss ability. Cait while ridiculously strong is very difficult to get out of a tough fight with unless you have flash and or use ghost.

So last thing to help you pick, Cait is easier to use and less discouraging when you lose, and Vayne is hard to lose and when you lose with her it is usually crushingly so therefore more discouraging when you do.

Tsuruga

05-11-2011

Cait is good in all stages of the game, you just need to know how to make good use of her lol
Using your traps near enemy turret, poking them with AA. About ultimate, just know how to position her in the map and you can do a lot of this. Q, AA and R, without block.

Vayne is good, but, I can't say something useful about her, since I just played 2 games with her.

ShadowStromm

05-11-2011

OMG i played against both in a 3v3 today it was horrible....... with a jarvan

Soulwolf

05-11-2011

cait.
higher range
better farm

caitlyn is just extremely powerfull early game vs other carries / ranged.

vayn is more liek the opposite. weak farming ability . but extremely nice lategame scaling.
1. you dont need boots on her
2. my highest crit on a player today was 1578 :3 <3 and that is just really evil lol i nearly got a penta kill if i didnt get KSed .
but would i go as far to call her OP? nah.
I nearly pulled a crit just as high as that with caitlyn.

problem isnt with her damage its with people not being used to her harras range.
I have no problem laning against her after playing her a few times.
its when noob feed her she becomes redicioulous.
I literately ended up 2 critshotting people once with my ulti on after i got trinity + IE + Bloodthirster pretty early.
blame the noobs tho not her kit...

for all i know a descent burst mage is all it takes to kill her and destroy her laning. le blanc really enjoys feeding off vayne <3

anyway caitlyn doesnt have to deal with problems vayne does : like receiving damage.
caitlyn doesnt have strong dps. but build around maximizing crit damage she can burst the hell out of people from a long range. Vayne excells in that department tho she has to go up closer and no AoE or long raneg ability. ever been hit by cait's Q+ ultimate after she rushed a BF sword? thats your 90% life gone in 2 shots gz . something vayne cant pull off sadly q.q

Bananoid

05-11-2011

Cait does much more for a team.

Mynt

05-11-2011

Incidentally, Caitlyn counters Vayne hard.

Notice that Vayne's roll goes the same distance every time, just that she can choose the direction is all. Then notice it has about the same animation time as Piltover Peacemaker's wind up time.

Anytime Vayne goes into a roll, it's like she has a giant "Shoot Me" sign taped to her back.