[Champion Suggestion] Vayor, the Wayward Shifter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLoudsoft

03-12-2010

Vayor, the Wayward Shifter

Lore:

There is a place between dimensions, between worlds. To some it is known as the Outside, to others it is the Unknown. To most, however, it is called the Void. Its nightmarish inhabitants have long been seeking a way in, a point of entry through which they would raise Runeterra to the ground. The walls between dimensions have yet to fall, but as evidenced by the presence of Cho’gath in the League, they are far weakened from the height of the strength they possessed eons ago. A way in they have found, and as discovered by a group of Noxian adventurers, their actions have opened up the way for citizens of Runeterra to enter their realm as well. Seeking the next great adventure, they stepped onward to the Outside. Never were they heard from since; until, summoned upon to do the League’s bidding, a single being wreathed in fell shadows answered the call. The summoner was impaled upon his twin swords, and then came from the creature’s mouth a cacophony of sound that was the blend of four terrible voices.

“Once they were the four greatest of adventurers, now the Void has made of them the One.”

Stats:
Damage: Low-Medium
Attack Speed: Medium
Health: Medium
Mana: Low
Move Speed: Medium
Armor: Low-Medium
Magic Resist: Low-Medium
Critical Strike: Low
Health Regeneration: Low
Mana Regeneration: Low

This champion will have increased stat growth for each of the various archetypes linked with the respective ability as he levels them up. The first of these abilities to be leveled to rank 4 will transform into a different ability and this will designate his primary role. The second ability to reach rank 4 will again transform and designate the secondary role he will fill; at the same time, his two remaining skills will change as well to reflect his primary role. For example: level 4 for Brawler has been reached, at which point the skill will change and his primary role as that of a carry will have been selected. Next, his 2nd skill to reach level 4 is Immovable, at which point that skill will change to reflect his secondary role of a tank/iniator, and his two remaining skills will change to reflect his primary role. All transformed skills retain their previous stat enhancing properties, i.e. even if Immovable changes to become a “Sorcerer” skill, it will still grant a stat increase dependent on its rank prior to its transformation and for the stats associated with Immovable.

Passive: Split Souls

The souls entrapped within the construct Vayor long to be free, and so latch themselves onto nearby champions under this foolish hope. Enemy champions touched have -10/14/18 armor/mr and allied champions gain 10/14/18 armor/mr.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Brawler

Passive: Increases stat growth by an increasing amount per rank for the following stats: Damage/Attack Speed/Critical Strike. Upon reaching rank 4, this will designate his primary role as that of a carry and this skill will transform.

Active: Does a one-two punch dealing a percentage of his attack damage each hit and knocking-back the target a certain distance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

W: Immovable

Passive: Increases stat growth by an increasing amount per rank for the following stats: Amor/Magic Resist/Health/Health Regeneration. Upon reaching rank 4, this will designate his primary role as that of a tank/iniator and this skill will transform.

Active: Deals a percentage of his maximum health as damage in an AoE. Enemies hit have their armor reduced by 10/14/18/22/26 for 5 seconds.

E: Sorcerer

Passive: Increases stat growth by an increasing amount per rank for the following stats: Mana/Mana Regeneration/Health. Upon reaching rank 4, this will designate his primary role as that of a caster and this skill will transform.

Active: Deals magic damage to target enemy + an increasing amount for how many abilities have been used near him within a period of time. Stuns for 1 second.

R: Life-Saver

Passive: Increases stat growth by an increasing amount per rank for the following stats: Health/Mana Regeneration/Health Regeneration. Upon reaching rank 4, this will designate his primary role as that of a support and this skill will transform.

Active: Heals target ally for an amount and increases their health and mana regeneration for a brief period. If cast-on self, the amount healed is increased but neither type of regeneration will be augmented.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Primary Class

Brawler-

1st skill: Until Death Do Us Part

Vayor draws his twin sheathed swords and strikes 3 times in quick succession dealing a percentage of his attack damage each hit and marking the enemies hit with a vicious X. Grants vision of the targets for a period of time and causes all allies close by to those foes to move with increased speed. Attacks enemies in the targeted location.

2nd Skill: The Cycle of Life

Vayor switches his current health with that of his enemy’s for a brief period of time; during which he may reactivate this skill to inflict upon himself a large amount of damage. Striking himself will cause the switch to immediately end and both have their current health swapped again.

3rd Skill: Mirage of Fate

Vayor fools the minds of nearby enemy champions, causing them to believe he has blinked to a nearby location and that his swords move with incredible speed while he is striking them. Only usable while within 600 distance of an enemy champion. (A blink and a debuff that makes it so he gains an attack speed increase while hitting them.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Immovable-

1st Skill: Entourage of Stone

Vayor surrounds himself with the debris laying around, forming a shield of rock that absorbs an increasing amount of damage and lasts x seconds. If the shield lasts its full duration; the rock will collapse and damage nearby enemies for a large amount of damage.

2nd Skill: Misty Mountains

Vayor steps into the mist, immobilizing himself but briefly causing all damage taken to be negated. After the mist fades, all nearby allies are healed for an amount equal to the damage negated subtracted from x. Only usable while within 600 distance of an enemy champion.

3rd Skill: Nevermore Peaks

Vayor gazes into the tall sky, remembering the Nevermore Peaks of old. Recalling the furious quakes that used to shake the mountains, he unconsciously begins to do the same; sending out a shockwave that knocks into the air any enemies caught in its path.

Sorcerer-

1st Skill: Chains of the Abyss

Vayor summons the Chains of the Abyss to lash out in a curved fashion; rooting in place enemy champions that are struck and dealing x damage along with an amount equal to 250% of his mana regeneration.

2nd Skill: Dark Bonds

Vayor brings forth dark bonds that latch onto enemy champions in a cone that last a short while. While under the effects of these bonds, enemies are gradually slowed and have their life leeched from them. Entering within a certain distance of Vayor will cause them to take damage; moving too far away will severe the bonds.

3rd Skill: Heartfelt Sorrow

Vayor’s sorrow reigns in the deepest reaches of his mind, occasionally gaining strength enough to manifest in the real world. The enemy champion affected takes an increasing amount of damage based on the number of spells that have been cast in Vayor’s presence before his sorrow was unleashed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life-Saver-

1st Skill: To Be, or Not To Be

Vayor plucks at a flower and either curses the enemy champion selected with an armor/magic resist decrease or granting an armor and magic resist increase to the allied champion selected. Every time one option is chosen, the next time the other is 10% more likely to happen. Starts at 50/50%. (Select both an ally and an enemy for this skill).

2nd Skill: What Once Was, Shall Now Be Again

A percentage of health lost by target ally over the span of some seconds is restored upon the ending of this spell.

3rd Skill: The Wishing Well

The next one/one/one/two/two abilities used by nearby allies within a period of time will have their cooldowns reduced and have a reduced mana cost.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Secondary Class

Brawler-

Skill: A Knife in the Back

Strikes enemy champion with a deep wound, inflicting damage over time and briefly increasing damage taken from all sources. (Ranged).

Immovable-

Skill: Soul of the Valiant

Decreases a percentage of damage taken for a period of time that is extended every time an ally or enemy falls in combat nearby. Dying while affected will cause this buff to move to the lowest health ally within a certain distance.

Sorcerer-

Skill: Crushed Hope

Every time a number of abilities are cast nearby, Vayor is able to gather in their hope and crush it, doling out damage and briefly stunning nearby enemies.

Life-Saver-

Skill: Miracle Worker

If target ally would take damage surpassing their then-current health within some seconds, that damage is reduced by an increasing percentage and that ally is ported a certain distance away.

TheDeathstalker

03-20-2010

Hey guys, I'm gonna be busy running the CSC's first round (which this champ made it into, in case you were wondering, check the threads and all that jazz), but I'd love it if someone could pass some feedback this guy's way.

It's an interesting idea that presses pretty hard on making the proper decisions early game, but could still work. Personally, I'd rig the off-skills to be essentially his Ultimate. A big bang that adds sufficiently to his playstyle, and can be his ace in the hole (possibly make it variable too, once you get more than one to lvl 4). The 'how' of that is the only really tricky part...

Also, as I'm sure you realize, that passive is a bit much. It's both overpowered and self-crippling, and I don't know what to say other than there has to be a better way.

Hrm, sudden neat thought for the 'Ult' (4th skill). It could be such that, as you've keyed each type to a QWER, you hit R, the Ultimate, and the 3 sub-aspects (or whichever of them is at least level 4) appear ghostly around the champ, and by hitting the appropriate key, you select which you use, and that one materializes and does the skill.

Good luck, and sorry I missed this guy, he's actually pretty cool.

Kriptini

03-20-2010

I think he's far too complex to be practical. Most of this was "TL;DR" to me, but it seems that he's focused around great stat growth from originally low stats, making his early game horrible... is this intended?

cLoudsoft

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
I think he's far too complex to be practical. Most of this was "TL;DR" to me, but it seems that he's focused around great stat growth from originally low stats, making his early game horrible... is this intended?
It's essentially just leveling up the skill that is associated with the role you want to fill in your team and then picking a secondary role that would complement that, by, again, leveling up another skill.

Rather than starting from originally low stats, I was thinking fairly average base stats and instead low stat increases per level all-around until his skills get leveled to allow him the freedom of building the kind of stats he wants to suit the role he's gonna fill.

For example: Say he has 50 health/level originally and you focus on leveling up his "W" to say, rank 3, at which point his health gain per level would be increased to 100/level. This way, you can rush one skill to drastically increase his end stats in that category, but doing so would leave you with mediocre stats in other areas. Also, leveling up one skill to a high rank at level 10 is a lot different from doing so at level 6, as you lose out on 4 levels worth of increased stat growth in that area.

cLoudsoft

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeathstalker View Post
Hey guys, I'm gonna be busy running the CSC's first round (which this champ made it into, in case you were wondering, check the threads and all that jazz), but I'd love it if someone could pass some feedback this guy's way.

It's an interesting idea that presses pretty hard on making the proper decisions early game, but could still work. Personally, I'd rig the off-skills to be essentially his Ultimate. A big bang that adds sufficiently to his playstyle, and can be his ace in the hole (possibly make it variable too, once you get more than one to lvl 4). The 'how' of that is the only really tricky part...

Also, as I'm sure you realize, that passive is a bit much. It's both overpowered and self-crippling, and I don't know what to say other than there has to be a better way.

Hrm, sudden neat thought for the 'Ult' (4th skill). It could be such that, as you've keyed each type to a QWER, you hit R, the Ultimate, and the 3 sub-aspects (or whichever of them is at least level 4) appear ghostly around the champ, and by hitting the appropriate key, you select which you use, and that one materializes and does the skill.

Good luck, and sorry I missed this guy, he's actually pretty cool.
Thanks, good luck to you too with running the whole thing.

To be honest though, I don't understand some of the points you made. :S

The passive was meant to be something that would prove helpful enough no matter what role you decided to play the champion as; as a support, you would be in the back-lines of a fight where your passive would help give the other squishier champs a bit more survivability. As a tank, the passive would help achieve the same affect albeit with allies right at the front of the battle (i.e. melee carry). Playing the carry, the passive would help increase the amount of damage you do to your enemies by latching onto them and decreasing their armor/MR. It's only as a caster that it doesn't work out optimally, though it stills offers the same benefit as for a support.

Also, while not specifically mentioned, it only affects 4 champions total as there are only 4 souls to go around lore-wise. As to how it's self-crippling, I'm at a loss. :\

I'm a bit uneasy with making an "off-skill" his Ultimate as that would mean him getting an Ultimate that isn't associated with the primary role he's chosen; has a bit of a weird feel to it (to me, at least..).

*Edit: scratch that, being able to use all the "off-skills" would kind of remove the whole primary and secondary role thing.