Xin Zhao Help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Milerzhus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

Hey guys I bought Xin a few days ago and love him, but I am looking to improve/jungle with him!

1. Is he a viable jungle with his recent buffs? If so how/is there a guide out there for the new Xin? Stonewall008 does not have an up-to date one. Masteries and items would be good

2. Items, I try to get middle lane, if not then it is not a big deal, my starting items are cloth armor and health pot x5, I then lane as long as I can, and when I go back I buy brutalizer and boots level 1. Next I finish ghostblade and then get merc treads. After those two I get wriggles lantern. Finally I usually get banshees and last whisper, usually banshees first.

Any suggestions for items? I have been experimenting with phamtom dancer lately and it proves good.

3. Runes + Masteries

ATK Speed Quints
ATK Speed Marks (Red)
Health/level Seals (Yellow)
MR/level Glyphs (Blue)

These are just runes I had lying around and put them together, I am sure there are better out there, was thinking of straight armor pen for everything and keep the MR/level glyphs

Masteries are 22/8/0

I max CDR and ATK speed, getting magic pen, armor pen, attack damage, crit chance, and then havoc (the last one)

For the 8 in defense I get MR/armor and the health regen increase

I run flash/ignite as my summoners, it usually helps me get kills in early, and I know ghost is also good, but I find it lacks as much as flash does, I might give it a shot later on though!

Lancefighter

05-11-2011

1: Yes. Yes. False.

2: I jungle -> lantern, ghostblade, maybe a phage, then defensive stuff. Veil, wardens mail, something giants belt related

3: 16-3-11, crit, smite, attackspeed, apen, +monster damage, +ad. Armor. good hands, ghost, xp, buff duration, greed.
I run attackspeed/armor/mr/apen (red/blue/yellow/quint)

HeXiiS

05-11-2011

meh there are 2 ways to build him

ar-pen setup
-ghostblade
-black cleaver
-last whisper
-blood thirster

or crit dmg setup
-phantom dancer
-infinity edge
-forzen mallet
-atmas impaler

Milerzhus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancefighter View Post
1: Yes. Yes. False.
Do you know where I could find his up to date info? Elementz website links never work for me :/

Lancefighter

Dakkas

05-11-2011

Always get Ghostblade. This does not have to be rushed though, early Brut is most important. Early AS item is important and usually best rushed, Starks and SotD are my picks for AS items

Survivability is also paramount. Don't listen to anyone that goes pure DPS, they're playing Xin like they would play Master Yi but they'll be worst at it.

Basically the stats Xin wants the most is CDR, ArPen, AS and then Damage. CDR so you can use Q, W and E as much as possible (Ghostblade and Randuins are your two items that give this). ArPen so your ult and attacks do as much damage as possible and AS so you can maximise the benefit of your W and also contribute to Xin's amazing burst.

Milerzhus

05-11-2011

Hmm I have never tried starks, but I can imagine it would be quite good. My friend and I duo quite often, we both go xin and yi and switch on and off with jungle, getting 2 starks would double the effect? I know it says unique passive, but I am thinking it is only unique to the character. Such as if everyone built will of the ancients then everyone would have 100% spell vamp? So would getting another starks after someone else already has it be a good investment? And what of IE or black cleaver?

Dakkas

05-11-2011

2 starks mean you both get the aura affect but no-one else would. The enemy would still only get -20 armour. If you have Yi with Starks then you don't need it and get another AS item

IE and BC are pretty good to have and both very luxury. I wouldn't build BT because you have a high chance of dying (being in the middle of the enemy and all that). I used to experiment with BC instead of SotD for the extra BIG DOMOGE but the slower speeds was quite noticible. Damage was great on single target but worse in team fights (your ult is weaker). IE is very much the same, offering the single most AD on an item but is very expensive and requires you to itemise more AS.

My current way of playing Xin is to build items that can be built up easily, Ghostblade/Randuins/Starks/SotD/Banshees/Tri-Force can all be built in incremental pieces meaning you don't have to worry about saving up. In that regards BF sword, though cheaper, is still an investment. I do get it if I've been owning hard and being fed or as a 6th slot item

zxlkcf

05-11-2011

0/21/8

Yes, you can jungle.

I usually prefer to duo lane as it offers me greater survivability and higher chances of first blood when I'm with a friend. I always start with Dorans Shield, and my build is -

Yoomuu > Mercs > Cleaver OR Banshee > Cleaver OR Banshee > Sunfire > Atma

Alternate Build

Yoomuu > Mercs > Frozen Mallet > Cleaver > Starks Fervor > Banshee

Warrrrax

05-12-2011

Xin is better than ever for jungling.

Cloth+5pots standard. The defensive talents will work better than offense, especially the block-damage from minions one. Get both points in that and 1 in the block 1 dmg from all physical. It really makes a difference.

I prefer to start at wraiths and go to wolves then blue, then to their side and take wraiths, red, 2golem IF they have no jungler.
Otherwise, the standard bluebuff works fine too.

Start with Q and make sure to get in a melee attack first, THEN immediately use Q to reset your autoattack....this gives you a free attack pretty much if done right. W is next and make sure to use Q and let all 3 attacks resolve, THEN use W to get its cooldown faster.
Then I take E (charge) for the next 3 levels as it is your best skill to level and max.