[Vote] Nocturne VS. Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masterx13579

05-11-2011

I've played Shaco for quite awhile, my first bought champion actually. Since then, I have very much perfected my farming capabilities with him...
sooo....... coincidentally, yesterday I saw a thread argueing that Nocturne is an OP version of Shaco...
I've seen Nocturne play before and I can't say that Nocturne is much better

Shaco = more potential
Nocturne = less potential but easier to play

so what are your opinions on this matter?
is Nocturne OP? or maybe Shaco UP?

Luk Candy

Recruiter

05-11-2011

Shaco is more practical and he's a much better ganker (but doesn't outgank eve or twitch though).
Nocturne is pretty much an easy assassin for newbies, IMO.
I think shaco is better, he's more agile and his ult is a lot more useful.
that, and he has more crowd control

GhostDonkeys

05-11-2011

I don't know if I would call Shaco a better ganker. It's hard to beat noc's ult and fear IMO.

(this is coming from someone who plays Shaco pretty often and has only played noc on his free week)

Sky Avenger

05-11-2011

nothing is more frustrating then a pro shaco imo

GhostDonkeys

05-11-2011

I have to say Shaco is great for sneaking in, killing, and getting out

Xervous

05-11-2011

shaco ganks < 6 are scarier than almost any other ganks.

FFS he can gank mid when he's 3 and mid is 2 (if you're pro with boxes, and lucky with minion AI)
and lvl 3 ganks on lvl 2 bot are easy.

but nocturne has a late game, so...

Strongshocker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

I am a huge Shaco fan. Early game, it is so hard to beat him. But with noc's ult creating mass hysteria across the entire screen...ya know?

I'd say, if shaco is off to a strong start early game, he's the one that wins. But I gotta say, when I'm at half hp and my screen goes dark and I hear somebody whisper, "All alone," I start wetting my pants and praying somebody else gets ganked. Plus, noc's spell shield makes him pretty beast and he has a decent escape mech, too (run speed of duskbringer + spell shield). It really is about playstyle, really. I think shaco takes more finesse.

Modevasion

05-11-2011

lol....

shaco is great great champ in the hands of someone that knows how to play him.

But nocturne outclasses him in damage, gank potential (past lvl 6), team fight utility (utlimate is just stupid, + a more reliable fear)..

The two champs really aren't all that similar in my opinion. As far as assasinating goes, nocturne is hands down the better of the two. Shaco bring a bit more utility with his boxes (but nocturne has loads of utility himself). I think what separates them is nocturne just does much more damage than shaco.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godrik1445 View Post
Shaco is more practical and he's a much better ganker (but doesn't outgank eve or twitch though).
Nocturne is pretty much an easy assassin for newbies, IMO.
I think shaco is better, he's more agile and his ult is a lot more useful.
that, and he has more crowd control
Against better teams; Shaco > Eve and twitch as Shaco's stealth is instant and comes with a flash; so it still works when enemy have wards/oracles.

Shaco cannot out dps nocturne when nocturne is equally/a bit less fed. However, shaco can set up box traps for map-awareness and mass box traps.

A Retarded Clown

05-11-2011

nocturne beats shaco in stats and cc sorta, but shaco has WAY more potential but you actually need to knw something more than mashing Q,W,E,R and watching hp bars drop.

Noct has less frequent but easier ganks...but he simply cannot do even a quarter of the things a shaco can do to a team.

Shaco can shadow ur team for ages and start picking off stragglers the second they step more than a flash distance from their tank then get away, kite the entire team, and keep picking people off because that's the crazy clown he is.

Noct will just go in and if he's fed, he'll rape everything, if he's not then it depends, if he fed then he just dies. There's nothing complex and he can't do anything too crazy.

I tried noct but tbh, esp after ult nerf he's just a constricted, easier assassin who really isn't even close to shaco in playstyle.