Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Most useful aura items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

05-11-2011

Which aura items do you find to be the most useful?

I am currently trying out some auraPlank build, with Shurleya's Reverie and Youmu's Ghostblade as my core item. If you have been lurking here for the past few days, you might have seen me making a fuzz about a shoeless GP. I haven't refine the build enough to test it against humans yet (hence this thread), but it is working just as well as my theory had predicted.
One of critiques to my early thread was that I would be so slow that an Ashe could run laps around me. I don't know about you, but I pulled 520AS today without activating Youmu or Ghost. I left WW with Blood Scent on in the dust. And I didn't even get the MS masteries yet. So yeah, if I wanted to, I could easily pull off a 600MS for 5 or 6 seconds. I don't think anyone but fully charged Rammus with Zilean and Nunu could catch up to me.

Anywho, back to the topic at hand--what other auras would be good for the team?

DoransTroll

05-11-2011

Err..I got a downvote and no reply about the most useful aura item? Please look at the bolded part. That's the question. If you have a problem with the build that I brought up, feel free to critique it. I probably won't reply though, as this thread has nothing to do with it.

Jpeg

05-11-2011

this does seem like a bad idea.

but to answer i like these auras:
Aegis
Starks
Frozen heart

here is a list items that give your team a buff.

http://leaguecraft.com/items/Aura

ForeverLaxx

05-11-2011

If you're running a Parley build, I'd argue that your auras aren't going to be affecting the people that need them, and therefor end up being wasted.

With that said, Aegis and Starks tend to have the most general use for any team. Soul Shroud's aura comes in close, with Abyssal Sceptre falling behind due to the limited use any GP will get out of it, let alone a Parley kite-machine.

None of that usually matters though. Aegis will likely be picked up by a support or a tank, and Starks won't give the bonus to your melee DPS to be worth the purchase or their ignoring the item in their own build. As far as "useful auras" for your particular build, only Reverie and Aegis seem to do the most good, and Aegis will suffer the same issues Starks will. Plus, Aegis is a slot taken up by something you probably won't have any practical use for, considering your build.

Bletzkarn

05-11-2011

Aegis is by far the best.

Draghinaazzo

05-11-2011

aegis is by far the worst. starks and wota are bettter. forzen heart >>>>>>> aegis.

Aikimiller

05-11-2011

Depends on what character you're trying to put it on, and how long the game goes.

In a 5v5 with early team-fights, Aegis is fantastic. If that game goes longer, aegis falls short when compared to other possible higher tier items, simply because you have the money to burn on the better items.

As far as absolute best? Sunfire Cape is definatly up there for tanks that have low farming potential. Randuins Omen, being an active debuff does fall into a similiar catagory, and is probably the most used.

Fluffy1

05-11-2011

did someone just say aegis was the worst aura????? you best be trolling. no other aura gives soo much for soo little cost. the fact it even affects your minions is pure gold since they become harder to kill and hit towers harder. and its not situational like most aura's. aegis can be bought and be effective on any champ in the game. 2k gold for winsauce item.

Draghinaazzo

05-11-2011

aegis affecting minions is a bad thing... herp derp no more zoning, i got an aegis

DoransTroll

05-11-2011

I thought they changed the Aegis not to affect minions anymore?

So I'm guessing Aegis first, then WotA and Stark depending on my team.

One more question: If I have 2 copies of the same item with active use (say SR), can I use it twice?

I wouldn't say it's much of a Parrrley build. It is much more akin to tankPlank in play style. I think it's actually more suited for critPlank, but I really hate playing squishy DPS.