Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Teir list based on fun-factor.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkerStix

05-10-2011

What's your opinion? I won't include champions I've never played or haven't played enough to judge. I'll only use 3 tiers. Also who do you think is the MOST fun champion in the game?

Tier 1 - Most fun
Alistar
Ezreal
Kennen
Kog'Maw
Singed (most fun IMO)
Maokai
Renekton
Tristana
Twisted Fate

Tier 2 - Worth playing
Amumu
Blitzcrank
Cho'Gath
Fiddlesticks
Malphite
Malzahar
Morgana
Nasus
Pantheon
Sivir
Teemo
Trundle

Tier 3 - Snooze fest
Ashe
Dr. Mundo
Galio
Heimerdinger
Nunu
Rammus
Shen
Udyr
Urgot

I may just find these champs boring/fun due to my own play style. I just made this thread to see how different people feel about different champs fun factor. This is pure opinion.

Hedgemonster

05-10-2011

I'd put Karthus in tier 1 - constantly harassing your lane opponent with lay waste is a lot of fun, and it actually requires skill and thought, so you don't get bored after a couple games of it. More importantly though, for me it doesn't get much better than killing people once they thought they've escaped, and killing people after I'm dead.

Karthus is also the first champ I've gotten a pentakill with, so that might color my opinion :-)

DarkerStix

05-10-2011

Yeah I've played Karthus once. He's just not my style tbh.

ZestyJesty

05-10-2011

AP kog'maw is definitely the funnest (not necessarily most effective) hero i've played.

making people dance with living artillery is priceless.

Adaelphon Delat

Recruiter

05-10-2011

Fiddlesticks moves up to tier 1 if you stack phantom dancers
Anyway, I personally find Kassadin tier 1 fun material. A lot of challenge, a lot of potential. Swain is tier 2 fun. fun to play, but doesn't have that much that gives bursts of satisfaction, like a Karthus ulti or a fed Kassadin who just tears someone's face off, shreds it to pieces, rapes the pieces, and then burns them.

TheCowGoes

05-10-2011

I personally thought that Udyr, Trundle, and Dr. Mundo were great fun, but I've got something of a blazing love for jungling so I guess it makes sense. Heal-tanking through 2-3 champs' beatings with sadism and hucking cleavers all game can be as much fun as Singed for me. My favorites tend to be junglers at this point, but we can agree to disagree, I think.

I guess my top tier would be:

Udyr (forces you to create a new build almost every single game, carries if there is zero hard CC which *does* happen in normal games sometimes, difficult to learn but very powerful when played correctly)
Trundle (hilarious jungle, carrying with a virtually unknown character is awesome once they feed you in 1v1 matches under contaminate+ult+Q while the team watches in despair from the other side of the pillar. )
Amumu (One team isn't going anywhere during teamfights, guess which? Also, tank triple kills in normal usually force a surrender, don't know why. :P Despair and E are too good at KS'ing *after* you stop needing gold, though, I don't like it.)
Dr. Mundo (Don't play him much though)
Singed
Maokai (Played him once, thought his initiation was hilarious. Need to get around to saving up for him)
Veigar (Burst down that mage mid-game, everyone else late game? Yes please!)

Tier 2 Goodies
Alistar (Dude, if I want your tower, I'm taking it, team or no team. Not so much oomph without his older, somewhat crappier passive though. :P Good fun seeing how long you can last after ulting in a 5v1 gank, too, my record's somewhat like 15 secs.)
Cho'Gath (Eat yo' carry. Flee when I want.)
Zilean (Fun support, but this game will never end if my team starts losing. I can, will, and have turned a lost cause into an hour long war of attrition with that ult, only ending when they kill me (two or three times, sometimes.)

EzraTwitch

05-11-2011

Shaco Tier 1 all the way, nothing beats killing a jungler behind enemy lanes juking their entire team with deceive and taking a tower with your clone while they run haphazardly into your team in pursuit of you.

and of course you get type "vAyNe UnDeRpOwErEd o_O" in all chat.

Lavitz

05-11-2011

I'd say Cassiopeia and Luxana tier one for me.

A snake with turbo jets, heat-seeking missiles, HCL that spreads all over them and slows them down, and a 2 second "**** you I'm a scary snake" that hits pretty hard. On top of it, she's definitely one of the lesser used champs, like trundle (Though probably even less-seen.)

And who doesn't love a good facelaser. Twice. EVERY minute.

Eppa

05-11-2011

Shouldn't this be posted in general discussion?

Jonbro

05-11-2011

Nunu is most fun! Try pressing "R"... you will see.