Feedback on a Udyr item build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seipheris

09-11-2011

I usually play AD Udyr and i was toying with a few item builds and I kinda like this one:

Wriggles
boots 1
Wits End
Boots 2
Spirit Visage
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Then build according to the flow of the game

Let me know if its complete trash or not, and any item builds you might suggest would be appreciated.

killerb0y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2011

Looks great up until Youmuu's. With AD Udyr, I expect you're using Tiger - and with Wit's End you should have pretty great attack speed. Crit on Udyr isn't that great either - he has no innate crit skills. Either build more tanky by building according to the enemy damage types, or build a Trinity Force for more damage - gives Udyr extra movespeed, a slow proc, and the Sheen proc is great (since you change stances all the time).

Beaumains

09-11-2011

Honestly Wit's really isn't that great anymore. It used to siphon mana, but no more.

Wriggle's would probably be better spent toward's a full Bloodrazor (razors costs a full 1k which isn't cheap). Besides, with SV, Turtle should be all you need to keep your health up.

Ghostblade is interesting as it could sub for a Tiger proc (Udyr has an easy time hitting the AS hardcap), but the CDR is redundant w/ SV, and if you want armor pen, Cleaver would be a better bet.

The crit chance from Ghostblade is also wasted on Udyr, unless you want to go a standard AD carry build (IE, Trinity, etc.). But Udyr can't crit in Turtle so that causes a problem there.

I'd work on it, but it's not a total loss. What's your reasoning?

Dakkas

09-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumains View Post
Honestly Wit's really isn't that great anymore. It used to siphon mana, but no more.

Wriggle's would probably be better spent toward's a full Bloodrazor (razors costs a full 1k which isn't cheap). Besides, with SV, Turtle should be all you need to keep your health up.

Ghostblade is interesting as it could sub for a Tiger proc (Udyr has an easy time hitting the AS hardcap), but the CDR is redundant w/ SV, and if you want armor pen, Cleaver would be a better bet.

The crit chance from Ghostblade is also wasted on Udyr, unless you want to go a standard AD carry build (IE, Trinity, etc.). But Udyr can't crit in Turtle so that causes a problem there.

I'd work on it, but it's not a total loss. What's your reasoning?
Not really, Wit's End is one of the most underrated items in the game, it's an amazing item.

killerb0y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2011

Wriggles is a core item on tiger Udyr. You should be getting it on tiger Udyr like 99% of the time. It's great for clearing the jungle, free ward, and sustainability.

Wit's is great - 40% attack speed, 42 damage proc per hit AND (up to) 50 MR? How is that not good?

Samalander

09-12-2011

I would suggest getting another item besides wits end if you are going for a tiger build, preferably with AD on it since the tiger dot is based on AD. Trinity and CDR are both very strong on Udyr tiger build, since CDR allows you to get more tiger dots and trinity procs.

Wits end is fine however, on a pheonix build.