Malphite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kasshern7

05-10-2011

Malphite needs his 8 seconds back.

Until then, malphite will still lurk at the bottom of the tank hierarchy because all of these new champions are simply better than him (jarvan, new singed).

QuentinWarden

05-10-2011

it's not going to change the fact that jarvey can basically make malph's ulti by combining two normal skills

Prometheius

05-10-2011

Except the part, where ya know, Malphite isn't a tank?

Lumaca

05-10-2011

^
Right now he's nothing. He's in the same limbo as Galio (and to a lesser extent Maokai). Not a tank, not a caster. DEFINITELY not support.

They've got potential, but situational (you need a team that can capitalize). So situational that people would rather use other champs that would be more useful in different scenarios.

kasshern7

05-10-2011

The nerf to his E really hurt his late game presence.

Scaling with his armor was really the only way he could still hurt enemy carries lategame after they got BV.

He needs his 8 seconds back to get his laning strength back.
It makes no sense that Cho, Singed, Jarvan, Shen are all better than Malphite at every stage of the game.

Ploomstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

Well I think Riot wants to nerf all tanks into the ground. They want to erase the "tank" category entirely with "tanky dps" or "tanky mage" like rumble...

pacman529

Recruiter

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploomstar View Post
Well I think Riot wants to nerf all tanks into the ground. They want to erase the "tank" category entirely with "tanky dps" or "tanky mage" like rumble...
so then just break some characters in the process?

Lumaca

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasshern7 View Post
The nerf to his E really hurt his late game presence.

Scaling with his armor was really the only way he could still hurt enemy carries lategame after they got BV.

He needs his 8 seconds back to get his laning strength back.
It makes no sense that Cho, Singed, Jarvan, Shen are all better than Malphite at every stage of the game.
That nerf made no sense at all. And Malphite is so unpopular nobody even qqed about it at all. I mean, here you have a hero whose ability scale on HP (passive), AP (Q & Ult), AD (W) and Armor (E). WHY would you nerf the ratio of one of them? It wasn't game-breakingly good... And even if you were stacking armor like a dumbass, at 200 armor it gave you 160 dmg for a total of 380 pre-mr. Is that really nerf-worthy?

Zealot644

05-11-2011

Am I one of the few that thinks Malphite is pretty solid? (No pun intended lol)

I've never had the issue with him...I know he doesnt have a taunt, but his ult is one hell of a game changer if you time it right. Did 3's last night while 5's ques were down and went something like 11-3-7 on him just simply through being unkillable.

xAstro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

Funny. Because i go positive with him nearly every game. He is an awesome CC tank.