2 Questions (new)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balthazane

03-12-2010

Im newer to the game and I looked but couldnt find. Im not sure of the +Damage and +Ability Power stats. Say if Im a guy with Physical attacks such as Pantheon do I want +Damage or Ability power. Im not sure if +Damage only increases autoattacks or his ablilites like Spear Throw. Would +Ability power increase the damage of that or +Damage. Or is Ability Power for caster type classes only.

2nd Question

Do you stop getting EXP/IP from Practice games after level 11?

Protips

Senior Recruiter

03-12-2010

When your spell says "Attack doing x damage (+0) magic damage" with green text, it's effected by ability power.
Other times spells will just say "Attack does x amount of your attack damage" which means the damage of that attack will scale with + damage items.

For Pantheon,I think his spear is modified by attack damage, his jump (w) by ability power. and heartseeker strike is also modified by attack damage.

Balthazane

03-12-2010

Alright thanks, I was just confused because I was assuming abilities.... Ability Power.

anata ga mori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazane View Post
Alright thanks, I was just confused because I was assuming abilities.... Ability Power.
Other way around: AP only helps abilities.

wildfire393

03-12-2010

Ability Power affects most abilities. In general, if the ability has a (+0) in green in parentheses, then the ability can be modified by ability power.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=15812

This thread lists all of the abilities that are affected by ability power as well as how much of an increase those abilities get per point of AP.

In addition, ability power affects Lichbane and Deathfire Grasp.

Finally, Physical damage (from autoattacks) dealt to buildings is increased by 40% of your ability power.

As for practice games, after that level you only get IP/XP for three games a day. This was to prevent people from farming IP by just playing super-fast games with a single good pusher against a single bot.