Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ability power and damage question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JamesXOXOXO432

03-11-2010

Hey, I joined a week ago and never buy ability power for my two main champions tristana and sivir. I thought by buying damage iteams it would effect your abilitys damage like rocket jump for tristana and do more damage BUT it does not? is this correct?

Therefore I was wondering weather I focus on damage or ability power iteams for champions with already high damage like tristana and sivir?

Do you depend only on ur abilities to kill the enemy? or do you depend more on your overall damage/speed attack?

If ability power was prefered/needed would you just keep getting that yellow wand iteam (cant remeber the name +40 ability power)

Thank you. - would just like some one to clear it up on when you buy damage iteams and when to buy ability power and what effects what for champions like tristana and sivir (high damage ranged)

Inter somnia

03-11-2010

Read each champs individual abilities to see how they scale with ability power and damage.

As it is 3 out of 4 of tristana's abilities scale with AP, but she is meant to be a ranged carry so you are still better off getting damage.

Sivir has only 1 ability that scales with AP, and she is about in the same boat with Trist. You build her like a ranged carry, maybe with some aura items like starks or aegis to benefit the team.

Xocolatl

Recruiter

03-12-2010

Additionally, not all spells gain the same power increase from AP. Some do have better AP:dmg ratio than others.
I'd say the best place to read up on this is either at solomid.net or leaguecraft.com, since they tend to be less outdated and more detailed than on LoL's own main site.