Trynd, how do I counter him?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eonus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

I main Anivia, and I've been going up against him in 5v5 matches for a while now, and most of the time I just end up angry at his ultimate (or he's too aggressive and gets himself killed). It keeps him up for what seems like an eternity in a heated match where he's bashing my face or when he's running away, while he still maintains very high AD damage. His whirlwind ability allows him to easily escape or chase due to the speed boost, especially around the jungle or when I attempt to wall him since he can simply go through them. My stun doesn't last long enough to keep him at bay for very long due to the cooldown, and my ultimate, while slowing his movement and attack speeds, just isn't enough. I buy armor, health and resists to aid my survivability, so don't assume I'm just a silly glass cannon. I've seen people say to buy an [Executioner's Calling] because the DoT will finish him off (same with playing champions such as Teemo, Brand, etc.) but that item isn't viable for me, and I don't want to change my main for a single champion.

So simply asking, what do I do? (Not limited to Anivia only, just generally speaking)

Luk Candy

Recruiter

05-10-2011

Get something like frozen heart or zhonya's for casters, pop active if he's about to kill you while using rage, then quickly stun and get away. Frozen heart is generally good against diehard melee carries.

Hqwxuz

05-10-2011

take exhaust

tkae ignite wait 2 seconds and use after his ult

wait to stun him or make sure u can always escape a spin and a slow through positioning

DoomManufact

05-10-2011

basically what godrik said. As a caster, you definitely want to get zhonya's. Proc it when he starts hitting you, but past those two seconds you're going to have to rely on your team's CC to take him out.

In ranked, when you see trynd picked it's basically a MUST to get at least 1 exhaust. If the game goes past 40 minutes and he's not completely shut down by then, he'll be very hard to deal with once he gets his items if you can't save an exhaust for his ult.

DarkerStix

05-10-2011

Play Morde.

Eonus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hqwxuz View Post
take exhaust

tkae ignite wait 2 seconds and use after his ult

wait to stun him or make sure u can always escape a spin and a slow through positioning
I do have exhaust, and I'll have to try ignite, I've been looking at it but never actually put it into practice, though it would be good for those pesky near-kills early game.

Eonus

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2NASLSledge View Post
Play Morde.
"I don't want to change my main for a single champion."

Pig Magus

05-10-2011

Thornsmail works for a quick fix if he doesn't feel like grabbing some MR items.

Reather1

05-10-2011

STACK THORNMAILS :P na but go zhonya's

Eonus

05-10-2011

To those who suggested Zhonya's: I do usually get it later in the game, but it's expensive with a rather large item that gets built into it, so I can't just work it over-time. I do tend to get fed especially early-mid game, but later on my team usually can't resist finishing them off before my next Glacial Storm tick so my income may serve as an issue. I'll have to find a way to work it in, thanks.