Looking for some Poppy help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hqwxuz

05-11-2011

The first time i played poppy i went ap and failed mostly cause I forgot about dfg active.... but Imma try her out again. I definitely believe that dps poppy is a lot easier to start off with though. Imo you shouldnt get the tenacity item... Poppy is a rly poor farmer and i believe that triforce starks infinity edge are staples to the build. Starks lets you stay longer and helps the team and it also lets you take out jungle buffs without having to b. By the time you get the infinity edge u do around 600 dmg crits i think.

Tombot3000

05-11-2011

I'll post how I play her here. I'm a little rusty, but I used her in a game last night with 3 feeders on my team that I carried 25/12/14 (least deaths on my team, and most were me suicide rushing the enemy at the end to distract them while my team took down towers).

Also, as a note, that game went on so long that my final build ended up being Trinity Force, Hextech Gunblade, Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster, Lichbane, Guardian Angel

**wasn't sure if Trinity + Lichbane stacked at the time. Sadly, they don't, so I would have gotten a Phantom Dancer or something else to replace boots.

Poppy:

Items: Sapphire + pots -> Sheen -> boots (Swiftness/ Merc Treads) -> Trinityforce -> Hextech Gunblade -> Infinity Edge -> Bloodthirster

**An early Philosopher stone can really help with mana/health regen, and you can upgrade it to the new tenacity item if you want to get boots of swiftness instead of merc treads!

Abilities: Start with 1 point in E, focus on Q; get a point in W at 4 or 5; your ult is optional to level up.

Summoner’s: Flash is very useful for positioning your E. Other spells are up to you.

Notes:

* Remember to choose tactically who you use your ultimate on – often the person you’re attacking (and about to kill) is not the best choice! Instead, use it on a support character or the tank (who don’t deal a lot of damage).
* You are an assassin – choose your target carefully. You need to take out the most dangerous person first so your team can win.
* Inspire fear in the enemy; Poppy is a great character to distract opponents; mobile, dangerous, but very difficult to kill.
* Her early game is a bit weak, but after Sheen she becomes quite powerful.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

Worthless after melting their carry? I think not. I play Poppy exclusively AP. Yes, it's harder farm-wise, self-healing-wise, but the burst she has is UNMATCHABLE by any other champ. Ignite should be compulsory on her, you just can't ignore 600ish true dmg on your ulted target. Due to her Q scaling with AD, AP and their HP, it vaporyzes carries and slaps tanks also pretty hard. Only problem is MR. I was once forced to go AD, cuz they had whole team of bruisers/tanks and we had karthus = early negatrons for them... Priceless moments when you ult and DFG turns half of their HP bar red.
Using more or less OPs build, but kinda got used to philo stone first, rather than rushing Sheen, it's more comfortable in lane.

DA

05-11-2011

If you are very new to poppy... I highly suggest the double philosophy stone route. It gives you a ton of variability in your build and it helps you lane better as your skill rises. It also allows you to roam if you like. The stones do delay your sheen, but Poppy is the king of late game anyways. Yes, you can sting after sheen, but her true hilarious comes late game where she just murders everything.

2 stones, then sheen

then whatever you feel like.

AP is great to murder one person very quickly. AD brings a touch more utility while sacrificing some of the instant killing power. Its all preference really.

My dps poppy typically goes Triforce to BT or IE... or sometimes I go Triforce to Hextech. All actives work with poppy's ult so hextech's active to a smash/DB will kill most while almost full healing you. ha

S B

05-11-2011

This is a lot of good advice, I'm really liking AP poppy for now but I'll be sure to try out AD soon. DFG active is always slipping my mind, until I changed the way I position my hand on the keys lol. Now I'm starting to Ult the tank instead of my target, unless I'm ganking or it's not a full blown teamfight. I think my biggest problem was just rushing in to teamfights. Is Poppy suppose to be more like Kass where she kind of "cleans up" or do I go in after the tank and immediately single out a target (I know not to initiate)?

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

Lol I usually initiate in those typical mid lane standoffs. Ult the carry or champ with lowest CC and melt it. If you ult their tank and melt it, well they usually surrender.

Spawnzer

05-11-2011

Here is how i play her, i'm still working on it but it works great

Start with regrowth+hp pot
Philo stones
Sorcerer
Sheen
DFG
Lichbane
Void
Miracle if they have a lots of cc
Rabadon or rylai

With exhaust + ignite

Choose your target then W + ULT + exhaust + DFG + E + ignite + Q

With runes + masterie + DFG you have almost 40% cdr, you burst like a ****er and ofter i wont even need my E to kill someone so i'm still usefull and can E+Q someone else

You have low cooldown so if you spot someone near a wall just a lil E + Q and run away with W will take away a good third of their hp, usefull b4 a team fight

FlawlessViktory

05-11-2011

I play Poppy A LOT, and my usual AD build is a bit different. I focus on power, speed, and mobility. Poppy is a tough cookie to kill and with her W, she's even harder to catch. My build usually looks like this.

Mana Crystal + 1 health 1 mana pot
Sheen + boots (Boots of Mobility if you can afford it)
TriForce
Infinity Edge
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer

With this build not only is she dealing CRAZY dps, but she also moves like she's permanently Ghosted. Her crits are around 600 and her Q hits even harder. I don't even wanna mention what it looks like to ult a squishy and DESTROY their presence in a fight. You'll get a ton of chase down kills and a ton of easy tower dives. Most kills I ever got at once with this build was 4. Try it out.