Looking for some Poppy help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S B

05-10-2011

I just started Poppy recently, have around 3? games with her. I'm liking the AP burst she offers but I really need some help with her.

I usually start with Amp tomb + 1 pot. From there I see if I'm doing well then I'll go Sheen, if not then I'll turn it into Kage Pick to help with some gold, then get Sheen, then go back and finish up DFG.

My build is usually:

Sheen + Boots
Mercs/Sorc boots
DFG
Lichbane
AP hat
some survivability
Void Staff?

I'm not sure if I'm not positioning right, or if I'm ulting the wrong person, but I really need some guidance I'm having a little bit of trouble using her to her maximum potential.

EDIT: I've also thought about completely getting rid of Mercs in favor for Sorc shoes and just picking up the AP tenacity item, opinions?

Hqwxuz

05-10-2011

Try Poppy as DPS. She still bursts and she can lifesteal. She doesnt burst as well but she isnt worthless after taking down the enemy carries. U either ult someone for super increased dmg or u ult the person who is the least threat to u so u can wreak havoc for the entire 6 seconds. I think as ap popy u should stick to targeting their carry with ult so u can get the 30% extra dmg on ur dfg and ignite(if u took it).

Try DPS Poppy

philostone/sheen
sheen if u havent gotten it yet
merctreads
zeal
phage
trinity force
starks fervor
infinity edge
black cleaver
(infinity edge)NOOOOOOO
sry i meant hextech gunblade

U will rarely get past the infinity edge

most games i dont even get to the starks

Luk Candy

Recruiter

05-10-2011

Ad poppy scales well early game while laning, but lategame pop ap items and you should do pretty well.
It's pretty much like Akali, early she's an AP nuke, but late going ad DPS works better thanks to her passive.

S B

05-10-2011

I think I'll give DPS poppy a try, it sounds interesting enough. The only reason why I hadn't really considered it much was because I see her Q scales off AP? Yea Using DFG active is something I forget alot, when I should be opening with it

Reather1

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hqwxuz View Post
Try Poppy as DPS. She still bursts and she can lifesteal. She doesnt burst as well but she isnt worthless after taking down the enemy carries. U either ult someone for super increased dmg or u ult the person who is the least threat to u so u can wreak havoc for the entire 6 seconds. I think as ap popy u should stick to targeting their carry with ult so u can get the 30% extra dmg on ur dfg and ignite(if u took it).

Try DPS Poppy

philostone/sheen
sheen if u havent gotten it yet
merctreads
zeal
phage
trinity force
starks fervor
infinity edge
black cleaver
infinity edge

U will rarely get past the infinity edge

most games i dont even get to the starks
Why two infinity edges really? unique passive?

S B

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reather View Post
Why two infinity edges really? unique passive?
Bloodthrist instead?

Soldrart

05-10-2011

Her Q does scale off AP, but scales more of AD and enemy health. My usual Poppy build is DPS, and pretty straight forward:
Sheen
Merctreads
Zeal
Trinity force
Infinity edge
Usually stops there, but after that Wit's End and Atma's or Wriggles.
Also, you could try swapping mercs for zerkers greaves and take the philostone tenacity thing after that. Philostones bought and sold variously throughout the build.

shreddies

05-10-2011

On AD poppy try going

Mana crystal/health pots
merc treads
sheen
triforce
infinity edge
arp (last whisper or black cleaver, situational)
hextech gunblade (great item for damage+ lifesteal+spell vamp+some ap for a little extra dmg
GA, or some other defensive item (situational)

Hqwxuz

05-10-2011

oh yeah lol sry idk why i put double infinity edge i meant hextech(which is greater than blood thirster on poppy)

S B

05-10-2011

Wow not a single person supported AP lol. I think my next game will most definitely be an AD poppy. How about the attack speed/crit chance tenacity item? I feel as though it'll go really well with IE and Trinity Force, and maybe allowing me to get either Zerk greaves or boots of swiftness.

Then again I read somewhere that all damage that comes from Q is magic damage? So wouldn't Sorc shoes be the best option?