How to play Malz?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG Premade

05-12-2011

I almost never fail with the following strategy:

9/0/21
Flash/Ignite
Amplifying Tome
Health Pot

Malefic Vision
Null Zone
Malefic Vision (2)
Call of the Void
Malefic Vision (3)
Extremely OP Suppress

1) Autoattack the minion your minions are attacking one time
2) Malefic Visions that minion
3) Follow the trail
4) Wash rinse repeat

Once you hit level 6, predict when your enemy will be in range of your Malefic vision (which will RAPE since its at level 3 already), Flash in, Ignite, Null Void, Suppress

You will have to practice doing all 4 of these things at once, it takes time to perfect it

You should end the game with over 200 minion kills, never have mana problems, and it will keep your enemies away from minions because they will not want to get hit by Malefic Vision

Lughsan

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubont View Post
Either this guy is bad or I'm just playing him incorrectly. He's abilities are so slow that by the time they go off, the enemy champ is either dead or out of range. 3 of his abilities are DoT (which sucks) so it's hard to get kills at all especially with this week's free lineup (Jax and Rumble say hai..). He also has no burst damage so in 1v1, I get owned with him pretty quickly...so what's this guy's deal? I build him like most other mages (Sorc boots, Rylai's scepter, deathcap, void staff, etc etc) and I still can't do near as much with him as I can with other mages. Any help? Going 6/4/20 against bots is really embarrassing ; ;
You're doing it wrong then..E first and E maxed first...against melee teams w next..the silence you only need one level in...
You never need to get closer than the nearest minion to E ...and once the minion dies and the dot jumps to the enemy champ pop another E on them.. pool them as they run and silence them as the are near the exit of the pool...

You want to be building mana regen so you can cast everytime something is so archangels is first after Ryal's or before it depends on how the game is developing..

Cooldown reduction worked into your masteries or items will help a lot get the minions you spawn out a lot too... and once they go beserk..they chew people up.. they prioritize people with the E dot on them...so again..HAVE mana to cast

Daxs7

05-12-2011

I'm a noooob so keep that in mind but here's what I've been doing:

Items:
Rod of Ages
Magic Pen boots
Rabadon's
Magic pen Rod (can'f remember the name)
then I just build more rabadon's cause at that point you can combo anything

Skills:
E first, when you stack enough AP you can solo creep waves with one cast which is good on mana and gold.
W second, this is crucial for your kill shots
Q I usually put as little into this as I can since I really only use it for the silence anyways most of the game
Obviously upgrade ultimate as much as you can.

Basically any time your ultimate is up you'll have a kill. Put E on your target, drop W slightly behind them, then use R. You'll have 2 dots going on your targer as well as them standing in W if you did it right. This will kill most champs, possibly some tanks if you have enough AP.

If anybody has any input on this strategy please post it up cause I'm planning on saving up for malz cause of how fun it's been to massacre people this week.

Yellow Jester

05-12-2011

Push bot lane
Your team pushes top lane
Enemy comes to try and stop you
You kill them

Win

Caninndar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Usually i max E first it gives him a lot of dmg early and late, then i max Q to give him a good nuke then W for late game dmg getting his ulti whenever possible, of course. getting his recommend items in this order: Dorans Ring, Sorcerers shoes, Rod of Ages, Void staff, Rabadons Death cap , ryalis crystal scepter, then late game replacing Dorans ring with another rabadons.

fizzle240

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Malz can harass pretty well, if you are good enough at last hitting with your auto attack, save up your E skill, that way if a champion goes to poke you they get punished, also you dont push as far which can save you from ganks

HYATERIA

05-12-2011

Get spell vamp off the bat. You can stay in lanes a lot longer.Like, fighting a cait. Just throw his vision on her null or call on her. She gonna be rather out of it.Not only that, it helps great in lane game sometimes from ganks. You want to keep a full hp, or keep much as you can. While dealing massive damage.

larkhill

05-12-2011

Quote:
He's abilities are so slow that by the time they go off, the enemy champ is either dead or out of range.
slow? his pool drops instanly and his ult is cast as soon as u click it. wheres the delay? cast ur dot, drop ur pool behind them so when they run away they'll be in it, then cast ur ult while they're in the pool. its literally that simple.

Quote:
3 of his abilities are DoT (which sucks) so it's hard to get kills at all especially with this week's free lineup (Jax and Rumble say hai..).
he has 1 dot and thats his E. u use that to farm minions, gain back mana, and harass the enemy. get the enemy to about 40% hp, then go for ur W+R combo to kill them. know how much dmg ur combo does and dont go for a kill u know u cant get.

Quote:
He also has no burst damage so in 1v1, I get owned with him pretty quickly
o dear... now i know ur either REALLY BAD or trolling. his W+R has the best burst of all the mages in the game. not only does he have huge AP ratio's on his ult, but it has a suppress so the enemy cant do anything but take the dmg and die. he's specifically designed to be a 1v1 champ, and is one of the best in the game at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle240
Malz can harass pretty well, if you are good enough at last hitting with your auto attack, save up your E skill, that way if a champion goes to poke you they get punished, also you dont push as far which can save you from ganks
i cant tell u just how wrong this statement is, and is the reason a lot of malz players fail so hard at laning. u need to use ur E and u need to learn to have 1 cast kill every minion in the wave. u gain back more mana than it took to cast it every time. malz is the most efficient laner in the game. not using that ability to its fullest is just sad...

Sperpurber

05-12-2011

Level up w last, it turns from early-mid game **** into late game gold. Q does a ton of damage and isn't as hard to hit with as some people say.

AlexT3HGR8

05-12-2011

Take flash ignite with 9/0/21

To build malz start with a dorans and rush a deathcap, follow up boots (mercs or cooldown) then a banshee, hourglass (prioritise armour) then either a roa or voidstaff pending if you need hp or not, I would recomend selling the ring well before this point but if not sell it and grab either a voidstaff, deathfire(if they stack hp) or another tanky item.

Inlane you want to harass with your E when your voidling is up, as it will make the voidling attack the enemy with the E dot spell. Having E + voidling is massive and cheap harass.

Make sure you have mana for a combo at level 6, learn how to flash, W, R ignite then after channel use E (and Q if possible). Make sure your farily close when you ulti as although ignite will not interupt you channel, it does have a shorter range. Also try to time it with your voidling being ready to spawn.

After that you want to make sure to play safe as you have burnt your flash. Malzahar without flash up is asking for a gank, so be very careful.

After laning phase you want to use your Q and E as a teamfight poke, and your W+R combo as your kill move. stay nearish the back of teamfights and punish anyone who is not the tank for coming too far forward into your range, but whatever you do dont charge in first. If your R is down put you W under the tanky enemys if you think they will stand still for a little bit (if they are engaging or under CC).

Malzahar has 3 main skills to master

1) Learning how to use smartcast and hotkeys to get a really fast WR or even WQR combo

2) Positioning in lane and in a teamfight. Putting yourself in the right place to ensure you wont get focused/ganked yet still are in control.

3) Knowing your voidling timings and how to get it to attack the enemys you want