Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jaximus, fail...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armra

05-12-2011

Quote:
Vrindlevine:
Jaximus isnt even jax look at his skin color.... Its just a play on "maximus" i believe from the movie gladiator.

or sparticus. maximus fits the name better, but sparticus: blood and sand has had a lot of popularity. it could be either or.

5herko

05-12-2011

Quote:
Ruahi:
sigh i will tell you why jax has a weapon

he was drafted into gladiatorial battles in his time off but to join the fight he needed a real weapon otherwise they wouldnt let him fight. so jax decided to take a weapon that few know how to use and also that few are even able to use to its full potential. thus he keeps his sanction of weapon limits but he was able to fight in the gladiator battles

lolwut

InYourMouths

05-14-2011

Quote:
Dracorya:
Most skins are non-canon lorewise and often are just poking fun at topics.

Yes. Noxus Poppy is a clear example of that.

Bloodredice

05-16-2011

Quote:
Jormungandr1984:
Also if I remember correctly he was banned from using weapons but that ban was recinded and he simply chose not to take up a weapon, being too hardcore and all that.

Guess he watched Gladiator too many times and changed his mind

Read the lore guys him not wielding a weapon and using the lamp post was always his idea it was in protest to the sanctions the league placed on him and when it didnt change his winning ways the league took off the restrictions jax chose to continue using the lamp post. He was never banned from using a weapon.

LuserCannon

Recruiter

05-16-2011

I believe his lore stated that the League changed their minds, and allowed him to fight with weapons, but it was Jax who refused to use any weapons.

DocX9

05-17-2011

Quote:
LuserCannon:
I believe his lore stated that the League changed their minds, and allowed him to fight with weapons, but it was Jax who refused to use any weapons.

Not exactly that, it's more like "it won't make any difference since he is still on a rape-spree with that friggin' lamppost...". As the time passed and Jax was still winning the League removed the restrictions on him, but he kept using the lamp anyways...

BurningTempest

05-18-2011

Quote:
Whiplashed:
If I am not mistaken, Jax is not supposed to weild a weapon.. yet the new skin Jaximus, he is clearly weilding one.. RIOT fail? or am I missing something?
Did Shen really become a surgeon too? I don't remember that in the lore... Although that would explain why he earned a Ph.D. in being a ninja.