Jaximus, fail...

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sneaky Thing

Senior Member

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruahi View Post
sigh i will tell you why jax has a weapon

he was drafted into gladiatorial battles in his time off but to join the fight he needed a real weapon otherwise they wouldnt let him fight. so jax decided to take a weapon that few know how to use and also that few are even able to use to its full potential. thus he keeps his sanction of weapon limits but he was able to fight in the gladiator battles
You're kidding right? Halberd are the ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClutchGordon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

05-11-2011

If you read his back story, it says that the League lifted the weapon ban on him after he continued to kick butt, however Jax liked the challenge of fighting with a lamp post. So technically he could use a weapon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nachtsonne

Junior Member

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
Most skins are non-canon lorewise and often are just poking fun at topics.
QFT
A lot of the skins aren't necessarily canon, some joke ones are, but I'm fairly certain that In the same way Ryze Isn't canonically a zombie, Jax does not canonically wield a weapon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhanael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-11-2011

Why does it have to be present, either? I mean, Xin Zhao isn't Viscero the gladiator anymore, but he still has that skin.

Jaximus is probably what he was like before the ban was put on him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruahi

Senior Member

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Thing View Post
You're kidding right? Halberd are the ****.
halberds are a good weapon for war if there is a lot of horse riders on the enemy side. however the use of them was not widespread as the top was etremely heavy from the axe and the only reason for its creation was to have he devastating blow from an axe with the reach of a spear. this weapon had power beyon compare in its time with one draw back. it was too unbalanced for conventional use unless it was shortened and that made it lose the reach that was so sought after. few warriors actually used it (animes dont count) and fewer armies had it in their stock holds of weapons. plus this weapon was mainly for taking out horse riders so it wasnt effective vs. a foot soldier at all. this weapon would suceed in making it a handicap for jax based on this knowledge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sneaky Thing

Senior Member

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruahi View Post
halberds are a good weapon for war if there is a lot of horse riders on the enemy side. however the use of them was not widespread as the top was etremely heavy from the axe and the only reason for its creation was to have he devastating blow from an axe with the reach of a spear. this weapon had power beyon compare in its time with one draw back. it was too unbalanced for conventional use unless it was shortened and that made it lose the reach that was so sought after. few warriors actually used it (animes dont count) and fewer armies had it in their stock holds of weapons. plus this weapon was mainly for taking out horse riders so it wasnt effective vs. a foot soldier at all. this weapon would suceed in making it a handicap for jax based on this knowledge.
Proper fighting technique for a halberd involves using leverage to keep up the heavy end, and torquing your body to hit as hard as possible. It was effective as a dismounting tool because holding it straight up was easy and then you just have to grip it and basically fall over (with more finesse than that, but you know what I mean). It gave footsoldiers an edge against cavalry, who usually decimated anyone not mounted at close range.

Therefore it is a brutal but useful weapon, excellent for Jax.

And that's all it needs to be awesome to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruahi

Senior Member

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Thing View Post
Proper fighting technique for a halberd involves using leverage to keep up the heavy end, and torquing your body to hit as hard as possible. It was effective as a dismounting tool because holding it straight up was easy and then you just have to grip it and basically fall over (with more finesse than that, but you know what I mean). It gave footsoldiers an edge against cavalry, who usually decimated anyone not mounted at close range.

Therefore it is a brutal but useful weapon, excellent for Jax.

And that's all it needs to be awesome to me.
exactly and the use of a halberd in gladiator rings where you face mostl non horseback people it would be a poor choice of a weapon

and yes jax makes it look easy


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

Senior Member

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
it's made of plastic. Shhh we didn't tell him.
Confirmed that it is in fact not a real weapon. :3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daddy Dennis

Senior Member

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
Confirmed that it is in fact not a real weapon. :3
Pre-void Kassadin, pre-ban Jax.

I don't buy the plastic club thing!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vrindlevine

Senior Member

05-12-2011

Jaximus isnt even jax look at his skin color.... Its just a play on "maximus" i believe from the movie gladiator.


123