Vayne or Swain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valhirien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

Maybe it is capped only in description, or not against neutral monsters. My observations so far say it works. 20 stacks occult is only 110 damage. Almost same as charged bloodthirster. Without any arpen it wouldn't make such difference, 10 points. If those hits were critical strikes then i suppose the numbers would be dispalyed with larger and bold font. But they were small, just like regular damage and popped as an additional damage. I figured that this is from her passive since i can't find any other source of bonus damage with these items.

Anyway, even if this was some sort of weird accident, still, having passive skill that deals 70 flat + 8% of target's max hp as TRUE damage is pretty devastating.

Luk Candy

Recruiter

05-10-2011

Swain runes:
mpen reds, hp/level yellows, ap/level blues, flat ap/mpen/cdr quints.
build: start with sapphire crystal, then get catalyst the protector.
finish with RoA.
that's the only change I like to do to the recommended build.
masteries:9/0/21, shouldn't be hard to figure out

Exitwounds

05-10-2011

Vayne is just like most other ranged carries - fragile, but dangerous if you try to run from her.

Vanye is especially dangerous because her passive and ulti punish you for trying to run.

Commit to fight and unload.

Swain is a tower of power after lvl 6.

Sophyne

05-10-2011

Swain and Vayne perform way different roles.

Get em both.

Le Vainqueur

05-10-2011

it's meant to escape, not dodge.

DrachmasErus

05-10-2011

MrYamazuki, if you're saying Vayne's tumble is meant for escaping, I would have to disagree. Why would you need extra damage if you are trying to escape? I mean, it can be used to facilitate escaping but I think it's main use is offensive and dodging skill shots, especially ones that stun, which facilitates offense.

As for Swain, I've gotten a lot of "advice" against my build, but in the past three weeks I've done very well with him. I would say about 65-70% of my games with him have ended with the other team surrendering within the 30 minute mark.

Fiendish Codex
Boots of Speed
Tears of the Goddess
Sorc boots
Chalice of Harmony
Morello's Evil Tome
Rod of Ages
AA Staff

At this point I consider how well the game is going and choose from the following items accordingly.

Rylai's Scepter
Zhonya's Hourglass
Spirit Visage
Banshee's Veil
Force of Nature
Thornmail

I focus heavily on mana regen early on and survivability towards the end of the build.

Suroboro

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhirien View Post
I'll tell u a secret (i have played her as well) and if u consider getting over 1000 bonus damage out of her passive as not OP then... all i can say is : she is bugged and sick OP because of that. While not immortal, she deals insane damage with just medicore stats. I got on her : occult (20 stacks), BV, dagger and cloak (or whatever is called, new item), lv3 boots, bloodthirster and cleaver. With 21/0/9 masteries and full attack speed runepage i got those 1029 numbers jumping upon lizard elder's and dragon's heads with 3rd strike. Hell, i soloed Nashor with this setup without any serious problems. And all that without any Arpen, just cleaver's reduction. Something about Vayne is not right atm, and i am pretty sure Riot will either figure out those issues or nerf her into oblivion.

So, atm, u can pick Vayne, for teh lulz, or get Swain just to be sure.. or just wait till next patch.
that seems a lil fed, not what i'd call "mediocre stats"

Valhirien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suroboro View Post
that seems a lil fed, not what i'd call "mediocre stats"
well, no Arpen cuts the damage a lot, so it gets pretty "medicore". Also, explain dealing 1000+ non critical damage while having ~300 AD? Anyway, i don't intend to drag this subject any longer; i have a feeling that something is really screwed up as it is now, and that's it.

urmamasllama

05-11-2011

take swain he rapes vayne hard

VoidBro

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhirien View Post
Vayne atm, she's sick OP due to being just released.
she's OP due to no one having a counter because she is new.