Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Resolved] 5/10 PvP.net Instability / Restart

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oMaZo

05-10-2011

um i think this is the worst ive ever seen the servers gg new patcher is pro fixes everything

sarcasim.

Angoreher

05-10-2011

30usd for stability, lifetime gameplay and not paying for new champs or 50usd for a champions pack and a skin.

Though choice.

Will get them both.

Swenka

05-10-2011

Quote:
Imagi:
you'd think with as many summoners donating ... Riot would have figured out how to have a stable server by now...especially on update days... >.>

You'd think with the millions of subscribers + cost to buy the game, Blizzard would never have any down days either. Guess what?

DoubleStampsies

05-10-2011

So I got booted off and now my launcher isn't working. Don't you guys have a debug program?

i am sam

Recruiter

05-10-2011

Quote:
behisomo:
I'd say stop patching...

Stop making new champs to make some money Riot

Prioratize! First Things first! ..... SERVER STABILITY....

I just started a ranked 5v5. Guese what happend ?
It was a 1v5. Thanks !
After 2 mins of fully lag I disconnected aswell..
So hey, free win on their side

350 Riot Points for having bad server?
Make it 3500

Please stop asking for them to stop making champions. They have separate teams to make champions, and to do server/patch work. The champion designers cannot stop making champions and magically start being server engineers.

Omniversal

05-10-2011

Hey Serif you should probably remove the [RESOLVED] thing from the thread title.

iiBoDeaNTv

05-10-2011

itz Cuz Osama is dead..
or itzcuzimblck
I have no idea ima troolollolll this poor forum

Chajo Bahea

05-10-2011

Quote:
Serif:
Hey folks,

As you may have noticed, there has been a bit of unexpected behavior during champion selection that has been causing some players to be unable to select a champion. Rest assured, we have our top men investigating the issue!

Coincidentally, the website is also currently experiencing intermittent fail Gragas which is in the process of being repaired as well.

9:06 PM PDT: PvP.net going wonky again. Server Status Busy. Investigating.
9:00 PM PDT: Everything is still looking good.
8:15 PM PDT: Service back to normal. Button disabled.
7:57 PM PDT: Started raising the throttle, allowing more players back on slowly. Still possibility that complications could start again. Button still active.
7:45 PM PDT: Still investigating root cause. Queues still throttled as opening them back up would likely result in the same instability we saw the last few times we thought the issue was resolved. Sorry for the long delay guys.
7:05 PM PDT: Server complications seem to be normalizing. Server Status still Busy while we continue investigating.
6:55 PM PDT: Champion select is still suffering varying issues. There is a thorough investigation underway. Server status set to Busy while we diagnose.
6:35 PM PDT: PvP.net continues to experience issues. We are investigating.
5:40 PM PDT: We have reopened the launcher again.
5:32 PM PDT: We are investigating the continuing instability of PvP.net. The launcher is busy.
4:56 PM PDT: We've reopened the launcher. We are continuing to monitor and will be investigating the root cause of all of today's issues.
4:32 PM PDT: We've set the login queue to busy.
4:23 PM PDT: Champion Select is having intermittent issues.
4:07 PM PDT: The launcher is now online, although the login queue is enabled.
3:43 PM PDT: The launcher is set to busy while we continue to troubleshoot the re-emergence of PvP.net instability.
3:33 PM PDT: Compensation Mode has been re-enabled. One of our graphs is still showing abnormal behavior.
3:25 PM PDT: Compensation Mode has been disabled as it appears that this has been resolved.
3:11 PM PDT: The launcher is now online again.
3:05 PM PDT: The site fix is out, and while we'll keep an eye on it everything looks good on that front.
3:04 PM PDT: PvP.net is much more responsive, things are calming down.
2:53 PM PDT: Our internal databases are back up to speed.
2:52 PM PDT: We will be doing a quick restart of the community site.
2:48 PM PDT: The launcher is currently busy while we triage this issue.
2:45 PM PDT: We have a potential fix for the site and are working on releasing it ASAP.
2:44 PM PDT: Compensation Mode ('The Button') has been enabled.
2:36 PM PDT: NA queues begin lengthening, Champion Select has instability.
2:30 PM PDT: One of our databases began slowing down.
2:15 PM PDT: NA website first experienced intermittent outages. Began investigation.

Thanks for your patience, and check back here for updates.
-Serif

On the subject of Compensation Mode: Loss Forgiven is a special mode we can enable during times of widespread server issues to reduce the impact of server instability or networking issues. Unfortunately we can not retroactively apply this mode, and our system does not allow us to adjust Elo, wins, losses, or leaves. The system was designed this way to prevent corruption, but we are working to make improvements regarding accidental disconnects and server crashes such as this one. I apologize that Loss Forgiveness is not able to affect statistics already recorded.

Now my cat is going to be homeless because of what I said in the picture THANKS RIOT
& by the way it's far from resolved you idiots

Stepman

05-10-2011

Quote:
Bladesauce:
You can't prove that it is lack of effort. Maybe there is something wrong with the way they input the patches. All im saying is I would LOVE a reasonable response or at least any explanation as to why this is continually happening week after week. I like this game and feel that if they could at least explain then maybe i could understand why this is happening so often. But if they wont even try to explain, I dont know how i am supposed to give them my money.

They posted a full explanation for the huge downtime about a month ago.

Disease

05-10-2011

Atleast Riot never fails to have the game fail on patch days. They always meet their quota.

Just kidding Riot. Take your time. This let's people gtfo the game and get them fresh airs.