Vayne's Mind Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMegaMormon

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mädchen View Post
The thing that throws me the most about Vayne is simply how easily she seems to be able to acquire what she needs. Also, how much she seems like Batman.

Okay, both were rich kids who had their parents offed in a traumatic manner.

Bruce trains, etc. etc. and actually works with his company to make the money. This gets him jets and other fun things like that.

Vayne, comparatively, loses her ****, goes rogue and starts breaking rules with magical silver-tipped bolts. This makes me wonder, because if the only heir to a sizable fortune decides to just go ape, wouldn't Demacia just seize it or give it to extended family or something?

One could probably make the case that she has some sort of trinket which shields her mind. It seems painfully evident that she couldn't have the arcane capabilities needed to properly shield one's mind otherwise. All three of the other champions mentioned were of significant arcane power, and she... well, she's not that magical at all.

But that still begs the question; how is she funding this operation? Realistically she shouldn't have any money. She shouldn't be able to get these weapons through normal channels, and she would probably ignore the black market outright. (Note that by ignore I mean "freaking murder") She's got all these nifty trinkets, and there's very little in the way of hand-waving as to how, precisely, she got ahold of 'em.

I dunno, that's the thing that really drives me nuts there.
Vayne is of noble blood and automatically has magic inside her whether she likes it or not.... she doesn't carry any magic on her, silver bolts is just a sketch as a tool to fight monsters... As far as being Queen if Jarvan IV go's missing, man, do we want a vigilante to be Queen of Demacia...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMegaMormon

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mädchen View Post
The thing that throws me the most about Vayne is simply how easily she seems to be able to acquire what she needs. Also, how much she seems like Batman.

Okay, both were rich kids who had their parents offed in a traumatic manner.

Bruce trains, etc. etc. and actually works with his company to make the money. This gets him jets and other fun things like that.

Vayne, comparatively, loses her ****, goes rogue and starts breaking rules with magical silver-tipped bolts. This makes me wonder, because if the only heir to a sizable fortune decides to just go ape, wouldn't Demacia just seize it or give it to extended family or something?

One could probably make the case that she has some sort of trinket which shields her mind. It seems painfully evident that she couldn't have the arcane capabilities needed to properly shield one's mind otherwise. All three of the other champions mentioned were of significant arcane power, and she... well, she's not that magical at all.

But that still begs the question; how is she funding this operation? Realistically she shouldn't have any money. She shouldn't be able to get these weapons through normal channels, and she would probably ignore the black market outright. (Note that by ignore I mean "freaking murder") She's got all these nifty trinkets, and there's very little in the way of hand-waving as to how, precisely, she got ahold of 'em.

I dunno, that's the thing that really drives me nuts there.
Vayne is of noble blood and automatically has magic inside her whether she likes it or not.... being of Noble Blood, she might have magical abilties very powerful on her that can create a mind shield. This might be the case for Annie who can mind shield if she resented to have a judgement... , silver bolts is just a sketch as a tool to fight monsters, Evelynn and Vladimir would be scared (Vampires hate silver) ... As far as being Queen if Jarvan IV go's missing, man, do we want a vigilante to be Queen of Demacia...