Vayne's Mind Shield

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

Senior Member

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
There should be a point where you draw the line for excuses for a character. I am dead serious when I say Xin Zhao probably had more determination than 200 people, and he still practically dropped dead. This isn't assuming so much as letting Riot do whatever the hell they want with a character with little to no development. We are simply told Vayne tragically lost her rich life and suddenly she becomes badass chick who can fend off mind**** magic? Sure determination is a powerful motivator but...tell that to other 72 champions that have gone through the same **** and seem to have just as much determination, if not a better goal.
-_-;; Again, you can make the same argument about Batman. All he did was lose his parents (just like Vayne), yet look at what he can apparently accomplish as a character (just like Vayne). I mean we might as well rage at Batman, he's shown he can go toe to toe with people who can crush airplanes with their minds or summon magic that could equal a Summoner.

Yes, we don't quite have the history on where and how Vayne learned how to fight, but we can assume it was like other vigilantes: through self learning and seeking out the techniques she wanted/needed to accomplish her goals.

And how can you justify that Vayne's goal isn't as good as the other champions? Most of them are selfishly driven (yes that includes some of the "good" characters). I'll take a favorite of mine, Master Yi.

No, his goal is not just to preserve Wuju. It is also to enact revenge against the people involved in the death of his village. He is driven by revenge, Vayne is driven purely through justice. Doesn't that make her goal "better?"

Don't use loaded words in your argument.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

Senior Member

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
-_-;; Again, you can make the same argument about Batman. All he did was lose his parents (just like Vayne), yet look at what he can apparently accomplish as a character (just like Vayne). I mean we might as well rage at Batman, he's shown he can go toe to toe with people who can crush airplanes with their minds or summon magic that could equal a Summoner.

Yes, we don't quite have the history on where and how Vayne learned how to fight, but we can assume it was like other vigilantes: through self learning and seeking out the techniques she wanted/needed to accomplish her goals.
Batman is shown to fault alot of times however, he stumbles like any other human being. Vayne, while obviously not provided with the same amount of development, just...does it perfectly. There is no emotion, no sense that this person is human. She's like a robot to me.

Quote:
No, his goal is not just to preserve Wuju. It is also to enact revenge against the people involved in the death of his village. He is driven by revenge, Vayne is driven purely through justice. Doesn't that make her goal "better?"

Don't use loaded words in your argument.
Vayne is actually driven purely by vengeance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

Senior Member

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
Batman is shown to fault alot of times however, he stumbles like any other human being. Vayne, while obviously not provided with the same amount of development, just...does it perfectly. There is no emotion, no sense that this person is human. She's like a robot to me.

Vayne is actually driven purely by vengeance.
We can't make that judgement call until we see more of her lore. We've only had glimpses of her, when you first meet Batman wouldn't you think he was a emotionless robot too? Its not far to try and make a call on someone who hasn't had enough time to introduce themselves further to the audience.

If it was only revenge, she'd have only hunted down the hag that killed her family and be done with it by dealing only with her. The fact she keeps going means to hunt down other beings shows she has a higher goal in mind then just simple revenge. Call it what you want, but I see it as justice in its rawest form. Again, she is like Batman, she has taken her original goal of revenge and honed it into a crusade of justice instead.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

Senior Member

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
We can't make that judgement call until we see more of her lore. We've only had glimpses of her, when you first meet Batman wouldn't you think he was a emotionless robot too? Its not far to try and make a call on someone who hasn't had enough time to introduce themselves further to the audience.
That would also be true under normal circumstances, however given this is LoL, you won't get more development. The only thing you will get is gossip from the JoJ, which at some times I actually find annoying to read.

Quote:
Call it what you want, but I see it as justice in its rawest form. Again, she is like Batman, she has taken her original goal of revenge and honed it into a crusade of justice instead.
Quite frankly, justice only exists in distilled form in this context.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Claricorp

Senior Member

05-10-2011

Another thing is that some champions during judgements have there minds opened to its effects and dont specifically resist the actual judgement.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePickOfDestiny

Senior Member

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
We can't make that judgement call until we see more of her lore. We've only had glimpses of her, when you first meet Batman wouldn't you think he was a emotionless robot too? Its not far to try and make a call on someone who hasn't had enough time to introduce themselves further to the audience.

If it was only revenge, she'd have only hunted down the hag that killed her family and be done with it by dealing only with her. The fact she keeps going means to hunt down other beings shows she has a higher goal in mind then just simple revenge. Call it what you want, but I see it as justice in its rawest form. Again, she is like Batman, she has taken her original goal of revenge and honed it into a crusade of justice instead.
Leblanc is probably the old witch that killed Vaynes Parents . First off, she is the deciever probably doesnt look like how she looks like right now... her true form is probably something like an 80 year old sorceress with wrinkles, i mean she morph turn into different people like that rumors of her being Jarvan IV. There was some Journal of Justice letter implying a warning message agaitns Lb.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePickOfDestiny

Senior Member

09-30-2011

league judgement is apparently summoners reading minds of champions.....

Okay, there are still some champions that have a lore not telling their origins, like Jax, Shaco, Evelynn Olaf, and Mordekaiser.

1. The Night is Evelynn's veil.
2. Shaco was the precursor of Lb as being the deciever.... some may argue he was the AD Lb. Others say Vayne is the newer AD Lb.... So practically if Shaco would do the same thing Lb would do if you were to read his mind. Also if people think Vayne is Batman, Shaco is the Joker.
3. Riot fails to explain why jax has three fingers and a face that looks like a hockey mask, they dont ever say what race he comes from : "surprise, i'm black !".
4. All we know is Morde came from the streets of Noxus and casually asked to join the league.
5. Olaf can mindsheild himself too due to the fact of keeping facts about Lockfar away from summoners, like memories of what Olaf's family and friends would look like.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mädchen

Senior Member

09-30-2011

The thing that throws me the most about Vayne is simply how easily she seems to be able to acquire what she needs. Also, how much she seems like Batman.

Okay, both were rich kids who had their parents offed in a traumatic manner.

Bruce trains, etc. etc. and actually works with his company to make the money. This gets him jets and other fun things like that.

Vayne, comparatively, loses her ****, goes rogue and starts breaking rules with magical silver-tipped bolts. This makes me wonder, because if the only heir to a sizable fortune decides to just go ape, wouldn't Demacia just seize it or give it to extended family or something?

One could probably make the case that she has some sort of trinket which shields her mind. It seems painfully evident that she couldn't have the arcane capabilities needed to properly shield one's mind otherwise. All three of the other champions mentioned were of significant arcane power, and she... well, she's not that magical at all.

But that still begs the question; how is she funding this operation? Realistically she shouldn't have any money. She shouldn't be able to get these weapons through normal channels, and she would probably ignore the black market outright. (Note that by ignore I mean "freaking murder") She's got all these nifty trinkets, and there's very little in the way of hand-waving as to how, precisely, she got ahold of 'em.

I dunno, that's the thing that really drives me nuts there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DFxKazuto

Senior Member

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
In the very least... Valoran thinks they're the strongest mages in Runeterra. Perception is a powerful thing.
Due to Runaan's comment - and the affiliation of this topic to summoners - who knows. "Perception is a powerful thing".

Maybe the judgements lie - Vayne is being directed by Montrose, and there is an even bigger underlying plot to this whole thing.

Maybe what we think is Vayne supressing her mind is actually her revealing the truth - but we believe it to be a lie. Perhaps that is what Leblanc is doing too. There is more to this whole story than meets the eye.

And if this IS true - then perhaps it will explain that precarious message about the league judgements and of Vayne...and something about a threat to the Black Rose.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMegaMormon

Junior Member

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
We can't make that judgement call until we see more of her lore. We've only had glimpses of her, when you first meet Batman wouldn't you think he was a emotionless robot too? Its not far to try and make a call on someone who hasn't had enough time to introduce themselves further to the audience.

If it was only revenge, she'd have only hunted down the hag that killed her family and be done with it by dealing only with her. The fact she keeps going means to hunt down other beings shows she has a higher goal in mind then just simple revenge. Call it what you want, but I see it as justice in its rawest form. Again, she is like Batman, she has taken her original goal of revenge and honed it into a crusade of justice instead.
Annie's Mother could be the Previous Emilia Leblanc, because Amoline the Shadow witch is a witch. Leblancs retire when their 50 and pass down their mantle to someone else,e that being Evaine the current Leblanc.... at 50-55, Annie's mom gave birth to Annie... it's a speculation on the person who may have killed Vaynes family.... if it were a Leblanc.


123