Jungling as Udyr?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sOtWiSteD

03-11-2010

Anyone do this? If so, what skill do you get first, what first item do you get?
I main udyr but ever since the HUGE nerf i haven't jungled with him

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2010

If I ever jungle with him, it's always after level 5 because by then I have level 3 Phoenix. Take out Golem, take out everything else. But normally I just do that for a bit of gold, I don't turn it into a massive junglefest.

Ferg

03-11-2010

You can jungle at level 3 easily. You don't need summoner spells so pick whatever you want. I usually go with Ghost and Cleanse for a super speedy, Udyr but that's just me.

Grab a life leech item, lane until level 3 taking 2 turtle and 1 Bear. You can kill the golem quite easily at this point. The golem attacks slowly so you have more then enough time to get turtle refreshed and really the hardest part is keeping mana up.

After that you "might" want to buy a healing potion (although if you've managed level 4 you shouldn't need it; again take bear just for reduced mana cost) and you can solo the lizard.

Honestly Phoenix is a great stance but Udyr shouldn't worry about doing damage until level 6-8. He doesn't need a ton of expensive items so it's not really an issue if you don't lane as effectively as possible. Turtle + Bear is the way to go. You can save team mates, yourself and regen mana/HP. Udyr shines mid-game on and is good at staying in a lane or jungling after level 1 (if you don't want to ruin your summoner spells).