Would Munk make a good champion?

Yes. 1 20.00%
Maybe, with some fixes. 4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Suggestion] Munk, the Fist of Ionia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rodger Ironside

05-10-2011

Munk, the Fist of Ionia

PLEASE COMMENT!

Please forgive the unimaginative character name and ability names.

All suggestions welcome.

Quote:
Lore: As it is known, Udyr was taught the ways of the Hirana Monastery and was trained by the monks therein to control his powers. One of the monks who had trained him was Munk (this is just a placeholder name, please suggest a replacement). Having seen Udyr's accomplishments in the league, Munk has been inspired to join the league as well, to fight along side his most skilled student.
Quote:
Passive - C-c-combo!: Munk uses combo points instead of mana. Each of Munk's attacks awards one point. If Munk attacks a different enemy or goes 2 seconds without attacking, all combo points are lost. Munk can have a maximum of 5 combo points; this maximum increases by 1 per 3 levels past first, capping at 10 combo points at level 16.
Quote:
Q - Defensive Throw: Munk blocks the next attack made against him (does not block abilities). If the enemy that attacked him is within Munk's attack range, Munk flings that enemy behind him, dealing a moderate amount of damage (based on the number of combo points spent in the use of this ability).
.....Bonus: If at least 5 combo points are spent in the use of this ability, a flung enemy is also snared for 2 seconds.
.....Combo Cost: All combo points.
.....Cooldown: Moderate (maybe 10-ish seconds or more, but decreases by ability level)
Quote:
W - Counter Strike
Passive: Munk counter attacks once every couple of attacks that hurt him (not including abilities), dealing 100% of the damage dealt to him, plus a 1:1 attack damage ratio.
Active: Munk's next attack deals a high amount of bonus damage (based on the number of combo points spent in the use of this ability). Additionally, Munk's next attack deals a high amount of splash damage (increases by ability level).
.....Bonus: If at least 5 combo points are spent in the use of this ability, all enemies hit are knocked up.
.....Cooldown: Low (maybe 5 seconds)
Quote:
E - Rapid Assault: Munk dashes forward (this is not a skill shot; it is similar to Nidalee's "pounce") a short distance. Munk gains a high attack speed bonus (increases by ability level) for one second per combo point spent in the use of this ability. Additionally, his attacks slow for a moderate amount (increases by ability level) for a short time.
.....Bonus: If at least 5 combo points are spent in the use of this ability, Munk's first 1/1/2/2/3 attacks after the dash will hit twice.
.....Cooldown: High (maybe 15-25 seconds)
Quote:
R - Hirana Palm: Munk deals a moderate amount of damage to all enemies in a large cone and knocks them all to the edge of the cone.
.....Bonus: If at least 5 combo points are spent in the use of this ability, all enemies that are damaged by this ability are also stunned for 2 seconds.
.....Cooldown: Low (low for an ult, maybe 90/75/60 seconds)
I did not base this character off of the attached picture, but I did have that picture in stock and thought it was fitting.

Rodger Ironside

05-10-2011

This champion is, in a way, the exact opposite of a nuke. The ability and resource design was meant to encourage and reward good placement, good timing, and good situational awareness.

Rodger Ironside

05-10-2011

bump

Rodger Ironside

05-10-2011

bump

Rodger Ironside

05-11-2011

bump

DeadShape

05-11-2011

I like the concept. The ult somehow bugs me alot. AoE knockback with a 2 second stun and moderate cooldown? AoE teams would like a word with that.

Rodger Ironside

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadShape View Post
I like the concept. The ult somehow bugs me alot. AoE knockback with a 2 second stun and moderate cooldown? AoE teams would like a word with that.
Thanks for the feedback!

Cooldown can be increased, if you think it should.

Keep in mind that it is moderate *for an ult*, meaning about 120 seconds.

If you use it and it has a stun BEFORE your team uses their AoE's, then thered be no problem at all, if you use it AFTER they use their AoE's and you knock enemies out of the AoE's, then you're a bad player. There are already huge knockbacks (i.e. Janna's ult), so if you see this as a problem, know that the problem already exists and relies on good champion placement to be avoided.

Rodger Ironside

05-12-2011

bump

Rodger Ironside

05-12-2011

bump

Rodger Ironside

05-13-2011

bump