Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gragas - The Weeba Wousa! [Guide]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tonpole

05-07-2010

This game made me giggle. Hopefully it will make you giggle, too, nicosharp. Thanks for the guide.

(And yes, this was a practice game, I'm a baddie, and everyone else in here was also bad. It was still hilarious to 1v5 them at their tower and then just cleanse and bslam away whenever I wanted to, or to tank their fountain turret, die, revive with GA, and bslam away. I <3 bslam so much!)

P.S. What do I buy after this point? I think I had 6k left. I was going to just start stacking elixirs, but there wasn't a reason to go back to buy. I could swap the spirit for banshee's, but then I lose some cdr. Randuins?

nicosharp

05-07-2010

haha, nice tank gragas. ya that is pretty solid, no real need to get much else.. if I had a ton of gold and based, id sell boots, pot up, rebuy boots, or buy something like a infinity edge, triforce, etc. something BIG. Frozen Heart + Guardian Angel is a pretty big game-ender anyway, specially with 20 stack levi.

Yellow Jester

05-07-2010

My current build starts with HP crystal and goes for an early phage. I then get boots, Triforce, and then I go for CDR, building either a stinger or a glacial shroud, upgrade to frozen heart (nashor's tooth is ehh), Randuin's Omen is also amazing on gragas. Force of nature is a nice item for you too. Don't neglect that HP tho, Leviathan and sunfire capes are awesome.

The Clap

Recruiter

05-11-2010

Nicosharp - with the nerf to levi, should I forget about it and build something else (like maybe Randuin's Omen)? Thanks in advance.

nicosharp

05-11-2010

ya, kinda squeezed Levi out of the tank gragas build. I think its better not to go levi if you are going tank now, cause it's tougher to get 20stack. You might still get by on a Attack damage build, as you will be, or should be, getting kills.

Kahldi

05-31-2010

Posting to report great success following the this guide. (with a little deviation)

Solo Queue, Id say mid elo. 217 won 209 lost

Nerkel

06-02-2010

With the recent change to Body Slam, how does one build Gragas now? AD/Tank is what I'm hearing, but I see a lot of people going over to the AP side.

The Clap

Recruiter

06-02-2010

Quote:
Nerkel:
With the recent change to Body Slam, how does one build Gragas now? AD/Tank is what I'm hearing, but I see a lot of people going over to the AP side.

I noticed that Nicosharp wrote a few posts in the Test Relm in reaction to the change (I don't want to speak for him, but I think he still strongly favors the tank/ad option). Try using advanced search and check out what he says.

nicosharp

06-02-2010

ad/tank is still better, the marginal ap buff did not improve gragas' q, so nuff said.

also sorry that this guide is a bit out of date. if you want to see a AD gragas, check out my alt's profile:
Kool Aid Gragas

If you want to see my standard tank, check out my profile.

I rarely go snowball items now just cause they tend to set you on a steep slope for victory that leaves no room for error, which is not great in solo queue (specially as you move up to tougher opponents).. I focus on a early HoG most of the time, then go for mobility and team support, mixing in AD and utility where I can.

Valioniukas

06-23-2010

What's Abaut Sheen On Gragas?I saw your video 1 time(Or maybe not your) When you had sheen like in ~5-12 min on SR?