Gragas - The Weeba Wousa! [Guide]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tonpole

05-07-2010

This game made me giggle. Hopefully it will make you giggle, too, nicosharp. Thanks for the guide.

(And yes, this was a practice game, I'm a baddie, and everyone else in here was also bad. It was still hilarious to 1v5 them at their tower and then just cleanse and bslam away whenever I wanted to, or to tank their fountain turret, die, revive with GA, and bslam away. I <3 bslam so much!)

P.S. What do I buy after this point? I think I had 6k left. I was going to just start stacking elixirs, but there wasn't a reason to go back to buy. I could swap the spirit for banshee's, but then I lose some cdr. Randuins?

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

haha, nice tank gragas. ya that is pretty solid, no real need to get much else.. if I had a ton of gold and based, id sell boots, pot up, rebuy boots, or buy something like a infinity edge, triforce, etc. something BIG. Frozen Heart + Guardian Angel is a pretty big game-ender anyway, specially with 20 stack levi.

Yellow Jester

05-07-2010

My current build starts with HP crystal and goes for an early phage. I then get boots, Triforce, and then I go for CDR, building either a stinger or a glacial shroud, upgrade to frozen heart (nashor's tooth is ehh), Randuin's Omen is also amazing on gragas. Force of nature is a nice item for you too. Don't neglect that HP tho, Leviathan and sunfire capes are awesome.

The Clap

05-11-2010

Nicosharp - with the nerf to levi, should I forget about it and build something else (like maybe Randuin's Omen)? Thanks in advance.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2010

ya, kinda squeezed Levi out of the tank gragas build. I think its better not to go levi if you are going tank now, cause it's tougher to get 20stack. You might still get by on a Attack damage build, as you will be, or should be, getting kills.

Kahldi

05-31-2010

Posting to report great success following the this guide. (with a little deviation)

Solo Queue, Id say mid elo. 217 won 209 lost

Nerkel

06-02-2010

With the recent change to Body Slam, how does one build Gragas now? AD/Tank is what I'm hearing, but I see a lot of people going over to the AP side.

The Clap

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerkel View Post
With the recent change to Body Slam, how does one build Gragas now? AD/Tank is what I'm hearing, but I see a lot of people going over to the AP side.

I noticed that Nicosharp wrote a few posts in the Test Relm in reaction to the change (I don't want to speak for him, but I think he still strongly favors the tank/ad option). Try using advanced search and check out what he says.

nicosharp

06-02-2010

ad/tank is still better, the marginal ap buff did not improve gragas' q, so nuff said.

also sorry that this guide is a bit out of date. if you want to see a AD gragas, check out my alt's profile:
Kool Aid Gragas

If you want to see my standard tank, check out my profile.

I rarely go snowball items now just cause they tend to set you on a steep slope for victory that leaves no room for error, which is not great in solo queue (specially as you move up to tougher opponents).. I focus on a early HoG most of the time, then go for mobility and team support, mixing in AD and utility where I can.

Valioniukas

06-23-2010

What's Abaut Sheen On Gragas?I saw your video 1 time(Or maybe not your) When you had sheen like in ~5-12 min on SR?