Gragas - The Weeba Wousa! [Guide]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moredot

04-24-2010

Quote:
thanks v much ;]

is the B slam nerf confirmed?

Wu Thuong

04-26-2010

dont know if anyone mentioned that before but after some games i need to say that stacking sunfire capes on Gragas is highly effective.
Especially when the enemy team consists mostly of squishies.

One of the problem Gragas faces in Teamfights is that he never gets focus fired. And he barely gets damaged at all. Meaning that your teammates have to take all the damage.
You are standing right in the middle of the enemies team and all you can do is bodyslam one after another, which sure deals some damage, but wont force them to back up in any way.

As mentioned above I tried to get Sunfire Capes now. The results were terrific.
After getting 2 of them, there is no way for your enemies to ignore you. 80 Magic damage AOE every second is quite enough to make that ashe or annie run from you. Just bodyslam yourself into the midst of your enemies support/nuke/dps line and **** them up, so they cant concentrate on hitting your carries. After that you have to spot the one who is the troublemaker on that team. Is it Soraka who keeps everyone alive? Or maybe Zil with his ult? Just make sure they leave the teamfight if you cant kill them.

AnalC

04-26-2010

Gragas does not need sunfire stack to make Ashe, nor even Annie run. They run aniways. But it surely works, I tried it few times my self too. However, there are some flaws in that so I dont use it.

SabbathViper

04-27-2010

My first game ever with Gragas, with a bunch of noob teammates using new heroes...

I went 20/3/9, and we came back from all towers destroyed and won the game. No AFKs, no leavers. Enemy Gragas on other team seemed more powerful early on, he went AP - but as the game went on I dominated them. DOMINATED. I'd almost be dead but would just turn the tide with my health. Item build:

Leviathan (got 20 stacks and kept them late game)
Boots > Merc Treads (if I got that earlier I'd not have died 2 of the times)
Brutalizer > Youmuu's Ghostblade (luxury, I didnt even remember to use the active)
Frozen Heart
Soul Shroud
Giant's Belt (was working on Warmogs)

The cooldowns were SICK! I could bellyslam constantly, and it nobody could escape me, and it HURT. He felt even more aggressive and tanky than Mordekaiser, who seemeds too immobile to be truly contributional. Mord is more of a "walk around and seem aggressive" whereas Gragas really seems to throw his weight around and you can't ignore him, nor can you focus him because he's so healthy.

164,000 damage dealt. Nothing to laugh at!

seresibyl

04-28-2010

I always feel a little weak late game with this build.

What can I do to make my Body slam damage feel more potent?

AnalC

04-28-2010

I am still wondering if Soul Shroud actually works because I dont see any numerical reduction in my CD rates after buying SS for Gragas.

LightningBeard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

Totally agree with seresibyl. Late game it feels pretty weak with Body slam. Otherwise Gragas is great.

Bosstone4242

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2010

fyi, my current item build is one that i really like. feel free to try it out or critique it:

1. nashors tooth - great item for him
2. boots - pick youre fav, i go with merc
3. soul shroud
4. lich bane - the 'sheen' effect really rounds out his play style
5. depends how game is going

i go AP nashor side first. i pretty much stay out of combat unless is real safe and just harass with my barrel. i really dont get body slam until lvl 8-10 then i lvl that up instead of W. while not much of a 1v1 ganker, with his cooldowns and good ability synergy, you can really put a good hurt on them. ignite/flash round it out for me.

SoopaTomato

Recruiter

04-29-2010

how's ghostblade?

nicosharp

04-29-2010

it's great. get it, and get brutalizer. forget about sword