Gragas - The Weeba Wousa! [Guide]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skystream92

04-22-2010

On another note, leviathan -> sheen -> brutalizer was pretty pimp.

Nerkel

04-22-2010

How do you deal with a heavy silence/stun team?

It was a solo queue, other team was Alistar, Janna, Kennen, Kassadin, and Fiddlestick. Having our Shaco ragequit probably didn't help, but I still felt like it was hard to initiate.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2010

well, as long as you cast skills before silence, and u dont get hit while the skill is on aftercast you will be fine. Dont Drunken rage in range of a silence, you will regret it. Gragas is fine against those teams, you may want to stack MR items, Spirit Shroud, Chalice, Banshee's Veil, etc.

Wu Thuong

04-23-2010

ive been playing jungle Gragas alot lately. it sounds weird but it works really nice.

what item do you start with when going jungle, nico?

i always take dorans shield and 1 hp potion. of course i have smite summoner spell also.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2010

ive made a lot of different stuff work, like, you could go red pot and healing potions first, or longsword and 1 healing pot. or dorans blade and healing pot..
If you want to level quickly the fastest way to go is red pot + healing pots + smite.
hit lvl 2 on two small creep camps, then drunken rage and red pot for blue buff. hit red buff after another small creep, base back and try to gank you should be lvl 4 or 5.

If you are quick enough Red Elixirs Duration, and both buffs should still be up when you try for a gank around lvl 4-5. The down side to starting with a red pot, is you dont have a perma item for a long game..

If you have a lot of tier 3 runes and are lvl 30, you can get clever, like going smite+rally, 21/0/9 spec and speccing into attack speed.. or a 9/21/0 build into ardor+attack speed.. going attack speed reds and quints. Buying a dagger first, and 1 healing pot, and going drunken rage. you can be pretty effecient. There are a lot of fun ways to make Gragas into a Jungler, some are better than others, and you want to go a route that still gets you HP items early game. (use dagger for greaves and make leviathan)

skystream92

04-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
ive made a lot of different stuff work, like, you could go red pot and healing potions first, or longsword and 1 healing pot. or dorans blade and healing pot..
If you want to level quickly the fastest way to go is red pot + healing pots + smite.
hit lvl 2 on two small creep camps, then drunken rage and red pot for blue buff. hit red buff after another small creep, base back and try to gank you should be lvl 4 or 5.

If you are quick enough Red Elixirs Duration, and both buffs should still be up when you try for a gank around lvl 4-5. The down side to starting with a red pot, is you dont have a perma item for a long game..

If you have a lot of tier 3 runes and are lvl 30, you can get clever, like going smite+rally, 21/0/9 spec and speccing into attack speed.. or a 9/21/0 build into ardor+attack speed.. going attack speed reds and quints. Buying a dagger first, and 1 healing pot, and going drunken rage. you can be pretty effecient. There are a lot of fun ways to make Gragas into a Jungler, some are better than others, and you want to go a route that still gets you HP items early game. (use dagger for greaves and make leviathan)
I'm going to have to try this jungling gragas you speak of. Jungling seems to be pretty useful these days, and it would be nice to have that as an option.

nicosharp

04-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skystream92 View Post
I'm going to have to try this jungling gragas you speak of. Jungling seems to be pretty useful these days, and it would be nice to have that as an option.
Just to note on runes, you want runes that give instant benefits, as Jungling is really tough at lvl 1. Some things I recommend, are flat armor yellows, flat mana blues, flat attack speed quints, flat armor pen, magic pen or attack speed reds, depending.

Also consider mixing up masteries. The defense/attack vs minions is great, so is anything that increases your defense/offense, and having buffs last longer is always nice. I was thinking of running 10/10/10 sometimes for all minion+ stats, but haven't done it yet.

skystream92

04-23-2010

Quote:
Just to note on runes, you want runes that give instant benefits, as Jungling is really tough at lvl 1. Some things I recommend, are flat armor yellows, flat mana blues, flat attack speed quints, flat armor pen, magic pen or attack speed reds, depending.

Also consider mixing up masteries. The defense/attack vs minions is great, so is anything that increases your defense/offense, and having buffs last longer is always nice. I was thinking of running 10/10/10 sometimes for all minion+ stats, but haven't done it yet.
I'm guessing I could get away with armor pen reds, attack speed blues, and flat armor yellows. With armor pen reds and masteries, you should be able to reduce the armor of the creep camps to 0 (may need quints as well). The question becomes whether to take body slam or drunken rage at lvl 1.

I'll probably run a few practice games to check out the possibilities.

nicosharp

04-23-2010

don't waste your time with attack speed blues.. use CDR blues, mana blues, anything that is primary will generally serve you better.

skystream92

04-23-2010

Quote:
don't waste your time with attack speed blues.. use CDR blues, mana blues, anything that is primary will generally serve you better.
The reason I thought about using attack speed blues is it doesn't seem that the primary blues will serve you that well as a jungler. I don't see CDR or mana being exceptionally useful while jungling. I could be wrong however.