Gragas - The Weeba Wousa! [Guide]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MapNinja

04-20-2010

+1, i main gragas, especially for TT. SR is alot different, but this build looks like a good way to go. I'll try it out later. Good guide!

allistrom

Adjudicator

04-21-2010

started to swich my main to gragas but still finding that my dmg around lev 15-18 tappers off a little too much w a pure tank build so that i get largely ignored in team fights unless i am sole initiator, but i have been getting phage earlier on and am gonna try triforce also, any other suggestions? also, if u wouldnt mind could i freind you in game and play a practice or two w you for pointers?

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by allistrom View Post
started to swich my main to gragas but still finding that my dmg around lev 15-18 tappers off a little too much w a pure tank build so that i get largely ignored in team fights unless i am sole initiator, but i have been getting phage earlier on and am gonna try triforce also, any other suggestions? also, if u wouldnt mind could i freind you in game and play a practice or two w you for pointers?
Sure, I'd be down to help you out. I may have more time for a casual practice game on a Saturday or Sunday, but if you catch me not doing anything watching tv or something, id help you out.
If you want to play AD Gragas, there are only a few things you want to remember
#1 - Have Drunken Rage up in every battle
#2 - Bait Bodyslams by moving back like you are running from someone to pull them out more, bodyslam has a short cd so use it to help you farm gold, bodyslam to escape, bodyslam to scare, bodyslam to heal from your passive.
#3 - Never forget that Health is still important. That is why playing safe until you have about 4 stacks on a Leviathan is good, and getting an early Phage is great. Phage + Levi + Sunfire Cape is a good mix of dps and snare.

Also just watch my livestream to learn.. There is things I could tell you, but watching someone do it might be a better learning tool. I am personally a visual learner, not a instructional one.

reziel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2010

Nico, I'm going to have to ask you to stop popularizing Gragas.

I've actually had someone else choose him before me twice recently. UNACCEPTABLE.

This is Gragas we're talking about here.

nicosharp

04-21-2010

lol. fair enough. Unfortunately the damage is already done.. and I've had to face my copy on SR in high tier play 3 times ina row last night and lost everyone as I was trying a new Jungle Gragas hybrid.

Zoman

04-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
it's cool, I don't typically check guides before I create either. I think a lot of people have found that playing gragas AD or Tank right now are the only ways to go. You will see this playstyle mimic'd quite a bit going forward until gragas receives some changes.
Funny I actually play a hardcore AP gragas... its dominant in the early/mid game. It only begings to tail off 40+ mins into the game and then only against non-squishy champs.

I max barrel first! HA

Vienna

04-21-2010

What do you think about Stinger > Nashor's as a more DPS centered Gragas? The CDR is nice and complements Brutalizer.

bl0b

04-21-2010

lvl 1 body slam is great, if you get elixir of fortitude with it in the start you do insane dmg, you hit like a freakin truck :P
i first blooded an ashe so easily like that

IndomitusRex

04-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
What do you think about Stinger > Nashor's as a more DPS centered Gragas? The CDR is nice and complements Brutalizer.
It's very useful, as the improved attack speed helps make the most of Drunken Rage's increased attack damage. The added CDR also allows you to keep Drunken Rage up 100% of the time. And hey, a 45 second cooldown on his ult doesn't hurt either. Turning it into Nashor's Tooth, that should really only happen late game, as it's definitely not a priority.

skystream92

04-22-2010

Just lost a game because the last fight I kept body slamming into singed's poison trail. That need a fix so bad.