Gragas - The Weeba Wousa! [Guide]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xine View Post
Looking forward to seeing your updates.

Also question: The other day I ended up in top lane against an Annie and a Kennen. I had a Kennen with me, but they were quick. Everytime I would body slam in for a last hit I'd pay for it dearly. I ended up getting 1 point in barrel roll just so I could get a few more last hits in safely. Any other pro-tips for dealing with a strong harrassing lane like this without resorting to the awfulness that is barrel roll?
Okay, so this is a stubborn response, but don't sacrifice your build to help you lane early game.. The build is to help your mid and late game.. This is not entirely gold or item dependant.. so what you got to do is just be patient, let them farm, and don't go for the last hits, yell at your lanemate to allow them to push the wave, and last hit at your tower, pu$$yfoot around at your tower spamming drunken rage and bodyslam for happy hour hp. When it gets really bad, laneswap if you must. Some lanes are just bad and you will have to avoid last hits at all costs. If you really want to get barrel roll, you are going to really sacrifice your mid-game for an extra 200 gold at best, when you should just be letting the strong lane push to your tower anyways.. Thats when even good players typically make mistakes, when they are in range of your tower in the lane phase and want to continue to be aggressive.

Also, try my tank gragas. I think it is more substantial for surviving against tougher lanes, AD is a bit risky in the lane phase and on Summoner's Rift in-general. Tank Gragas has been added to my original post.

Gumb E

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
I know right? I keep making posts of no consequence trying to see!
**** yeah friend of urf! Congrats dude. I was hoping you'd get an icon, too, but that's still pretty cool. I wonder why they chose cyan and not a color that's easier on the eyes and/or more watery-looking. We really have moved past the days of 320x200 with 16 colors eVGA.

fredyybob

04-18-2010

What about in Twisted Treeline when you don't have time to finish your snowballs?

nicosharp

04-18-2010

you are looking for my other guide.. search for posts created by me,, its called gragas 3v3 king or something.

reziel

04-18-2010

Hey nico, I swear I made my guide before I realized this one existed. It was interesting to see that we overlap in a lot of areas as far as suggestions.

nicosharp

04-18-2010

it's cool, I don't typically check guides before I create either. I think a lot of people have found that playing gragas AD or Tank right now are the only ways to go. You will see this playstyle mimic'd quite a bit going forward until gragas receives some changes.

skystream92

04-20-2010

Hey nico,

what are your thoughts on spirit visage? In addition, what are your thoughts on swapping occult and brutalizer (brutalizer before occult)?

nicosharp

04-20-2010

both good items. i typically do that now in my streams... going SotO is not really worth it imo, unless you are playing in arranged team and know you will have an awesome lane partner that has synergy with Gragas to get a ton of kills.

skystream92

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
both good items. i typically do that now in my streams... going SotO is not really worth it imo, unless you are playing in arranged team and know you will have an awesome lane partner that has synergy with Gragas to get a ton of kills.
TBH I haven't tried brutalizer yet. I think I'll give it a whirl later tonight. I've been using
levi -> mercs/tabi -> spirit visage -> glacial shroud.

inept

04-20-2010

tri-force is a bad item on gragas btw, you want damage for body slam. sheen at the most.