Gragas - The Weeba Wousa! [Guide]

12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2010

a lots changes since my original build post on here. I will try to update my Gragas builds above tomorrow morning.. gotta focus on work atm.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

04-13-2010

well written guide, i'll have to try it out sometime

IndomitusRex

04-13-2010

I've been a fan of Gragas since he was first introduced. I played him when he first came out, had the occasional good game with, but they were few and far between. I played him after his buff, and still had very mediocre to bad games with him. And now I know that it was all because of the AP builds.

I just played a game with Gragas in which I took the essence of nicosharp's build to heart. It was kind of a goof around game for my friends and I, as our comp was pretty, well, goofy. We had me as Gragas, a Rammus, a Janna, Zilean, and a Kennen. We were facing Pantheon, Blitz, Shaco, Teemo, and a Fiddle. I was laning with Kennen, and we had some nice early game success. Around mid-game I had to take an emergency afk, so I kind of fell behind a little, but by the end I built as follows:

1. Doran's Shield + Pot
2. Boots + Brutallizer
3. Ruby Crystal > Leviathan
4. Ruby Crystal > Rejuv Pendant > Warmogg's
5. Atma's Impaler
6. late game Nashor's Tooth

I went with Cleanse and Ghost for my summoner skills.

While drunk my damage went up over 350, I had over 4200 health, my cooldowns were insignificant, I hit like a big fat truck, and I was very, very sturdy. I ended up going 7/5/12, which is alright, but it was a helluva lot of fun. If I got my mitts on Shaco or Teemo I would absolutely crush them. I didn't miss the Barrels at all, and didn't pick up rank 1 until level 7 or 8. It was definitely easier on my mana. It seemed I was a lot more threatening to my lane opponents, because they knew if they engaged me they were gonna get belly-slammed, and that I was actually equipped to fight in melee, rather than just chucking useless barrels.

One of the most fun games I've played in a long time, and it was great to finally have a good(ish) game with Gragas.

nicosharp

04-13-2010

cool. ya that is a very good variation of the Tank build I tend to run. Brutalizer + Leviathan are just so good on him. A lot of Gragas players swear by warmogs which is a fab item, it just takes so long to build that I typically try to build something else first.

Hoki

04-14-2010

I've been coming back to Gragas recently (after the not so recent buff), and I have to say - and I know you're going to hate me for this - a hybrid build, consisisting of:

Triforce
Boots
Starks (If nobody else has it)
AS item of choice if you aren't building Starks or Guinsoo's is good.
Bloodthirster

I actually max out Barrel roll first, then Drunken, then the charge. It's great damage, but too easy to dodge. However with the roll, everybody scatters shouting 'OMFG THERE'S A MASSIVE BARRLE ROLLING AROUND11!!!1'

Jooce

04-14-2010

Going to try this build out. I like the old school jax-like build for him in beefy melee carry. I typically don't like snowball items since if you're getting kills/assists without dying much then your team was probably going to win anyway, however if you're struggling to come back, snowball items don't counter snowballing too well imo.

Man the buggyness of his body slam is painful sometimes. Seems like you can go through people. Run up to them and not impact them. Then there's always the well known hitting a unit that's behind you somewhere bit...

I wish they would do something with his Q. At the very least they should make it how Janna's howling wind works in that the longer it charges the more damage it does, maybe attach a minor debuff if you eat a maxed out Q.

Oh and also, they need to make it so you can activate your Q while you're stunned. Kind of stupid that you need to get it off, wait for the slow ass projectile, only to get stunned before you can finish someone off.

I'm glad people are able to find effective uses for this guy. You crit by headbutting or hitting your opponent with your belly, it doesn't get anymore ballin than that.

Gumb E

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
well written guide, i'll have to try it out sometime
I just came to this thread to see if the forum titles had been added to Friends of Urf yet. Churchy is still just a senior member.

Hooray gragas! Beer for all! (And by all, I mean "all of his girth")

Churchy

Friend of Urf

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumb E View Post
I just came to this thread to see if the forum titles had been added to Friends of Urf yet. Churchy is still just a senior member.

Hooray gragas! Beer for all! (And by all, I mean "all of his girth")

I know right? I keep making posts of no consequence trying to see!

nicosharp

04-14-2010

The Triforce Gragas is pretty awesome too. I got so tired of running triforce Alistar though, I had to vary my tactics on this new champion. I am going to update my primary post with Tank Gragas, the one I typically run now on Summoner's Rift

Xine

Adjudicator

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
The Triforce Gragas is pretty awesome too. I got so tired of running triforce Alistar though, I had to vary my tactics on this new champion. I am going to update my primary post with Tank Gragas, the one I typically run now on Summoner's Rift
Looking forward to seeing your updates.

Also question: The other day I ended up in top lane against an Annie and a Kennen. I had a Kennen with me, but they were quick. Everytime I would body slam in for a last hit I'd pay for it dearly. I ended up getting 1 point in barrel roll just so I could get a few more last hits in safely. Any other pro-tips for dealing with a strong harrassing lane like this without resorting to the awfulness that is barrel roll?

12345612 ... 15