Gragas - The Weeba Wousa! [Guide]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

#1 - anti aoe - his ult has a much shorter cd than janna's, his flat mitigation is a very good stat vs aoe comps - IE drunken rage
#2 - as tank he can be anti carry - very strong vs ashe, and marginally strong vs Twitch/Trist/MF
#3 - as tank, anti-poke - He can soak shots while your team takes out towers by blocking skills shots and baiting their defending line with his body.
#4 - as AP mobile farmer - can quickly push lanes, and towers once he has a Lichbane
#5 - as tank or AP he can initiate quite well with his ult to split a team. Bodyslam can also be a good facechecking tool with a team backing you.
#6 - as jungle he paces well and can be very very effective at ganking with double buffs.

Dianetics

11-04-2010

Have you tried mana manipulator into Locket? I've been having a lot of success with rushing locket as a first item. It makes him so ridiculously difficult to kill and allows him to stay in lane forever. I like to combine it with a spirit visage and a needlessly big rod. It's great when my team just lets me hold a lane indefinitely while they run around pushing other lanes. It's easy to hold a lane against 3v1 while the rest of my team goes around pushing down towers with a number advantage. If they put me 1v1 most likely I'm going to take their tower since I can outpush most champs 1v1.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

yes, dianetics - its one of the more solid pathways for him. I like to start with a Ruby Crystal, and will generally build it either into a catalyst or a heart of gold depending on how the game is going, and if I felt I needed to take roll early. If the game is going really well you can just build it into a leviathan.

cardigan

11-04-2010

just to name a couple.

early game, hes one of the strongest guys in the lane. whether its side solo or taking mid.
natural damage mitigation and regeneration.almost impossible to send him packing to base. can push and harass like a boss. although i admit that the barrel is one of the most easiest skill shots to dodge, there are some barrels that you just can't avoid, you just have to know when and where to throw them.

utility and survivability. whether its the damage reduction, health and mana regeneration, dodging an entire team in the jungle body slamming through walls, or pushing back baddies who are hot on your frieds tail with your keg toss.

his damage in ap build is ridiculous. he has high ap ratios and 3 forms of aoe damage. in an average game for me barrels can get up as high as eight hundred , keg toss at a thousand and the concentarted damage on body slam with lich bane is enough to almost two shot a carry.

most importantly though i think people like playing the fat man because all in all, hes fun. i've logged what feels to me like half my matches with grag and im still having a ball.

malphismia

11-04-2010

Hey nico, what do you think of leaving ult at skillpoint1 (leveling the skill only increases mana and +100 damage, doesn't give CDR) ?

And what do you think of skilling barrel roll at level 3 for AS reduction, think it will help much with jungling?

Grovel

11-04-2010

Was watching your vids Nico, and I didn't see you put any points into barrel roll or use it. I assume these are older vids where you relied on Body Slam almost exclusively. Are you still predominantly going that route?

nicosharp

11-04-2010

look for my own3d.tv/189 vids or those on livestream.com/clgame - but yes, I rarely go AP or barrel Roll.

Relatyve Mynd

11-04-2010

watching your vid with you drinking everytime you use drunken rage is one of the funniest things I've seen all week. WEEBA WOUSA

nicosharp

11-04-2010

it gets better if you watch the one after the drinking game with wife aggro.. Maybe that can make the funniest things you've seen all month at least. (called aftermath I think)

Grovel

11-05-2010

Gave this is try last night and it was good fun. As soon as I picked Gargas, Mr. Garen goes "OMG, that guy suckz! Why would you pick him." Love that reaction

I see what you mean, Gargas is definitely not carrying his team, but he's awesome at feeding kills to your teammates thanks to Ult and Body Slam. My biggest complaint though is his farm is pretty weak and he felt worthless laning solo vs. 2 enemies after Garen DCed. Wasn't a good lineup for our team, but I see the potential.