Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you play Shaco?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yefo

03-11-2010

So I've been trying out Shaco lately. I haven't played against humans yet, but (as expected) i completely rape bots lol... I was wondering if somebody could give me a few pointers as far as what items to use (is Sheen worth getting or not, for example?) and how they typically engage. What i've been doing is Q (stealth move), attack from behind, "e" if necessary when they are running away, clone if necessary. Do most Shaco's cast jack in the box when they attempt a gank? What is the key to getting "first blood" on a regular basis? I've been taking flash and ignite as my skills and I buy the +10 damage sword as my first item.

TL;DR: Any RECENT guides for AD Shaco, or anyone want to type out a quick mini-guide for me?

EDIT: Also, what skills in what order? I've been getting Stealth at level 1, then "E", then alternate between Stealth and E (leveling stealth skill first), Clone when possible, and jack in the box last.

DamnPandaHands

03-11-2010

go ap!

Yefo

03-11-2010

Quote:
Everett:
go ap!

Do not want.

Blackstoise

Recruiter

03-11-2010

One good way to get first blood is if you have a lane partner with a nice stun. For example, my friend plays sion. First thing I do is grab the regrowth pendant. Then rush straight to the golem and start planting Jack in the boxes in the nearby bushes. Plant them close, but not so close that they begin attacking as soon as the minions spawn. You should be able to plant 4-5 before the golem spawns. Once it does, run in and hit it once and lure it to the jack in the boxes, which will rape the golem in seconds, plant another JiTB, and kill the golem's minions, and get level 2. At this point the sion should have also got level two, and be pushed near your turret by the 2 enemy champions. Go sneak around behind them, and wait for sion to stun one of them. Next decieve and plant a JiTB on their escape route and proceed to backstab the stunned guy, continue attacking, and they will die really quickly. The sion should have also kept attacking and used any skills he had on the same target. With the golem buff you can pull this off every time sion can stun.

CMEISTER

03-11-2010

well friend.. i do play shaco a lot, its one of my favorite champions and i prefer going dps shaco.

I do take sheen since it boost that first attack you make after activating a skill wich in this case will be the deceive and sheen always give you the boost after you use a skill with a 3 sec cooldown i think.. so you can place a jack in the box in the ground while chasing and charge up that boost again from your sheen for your next attak.

I often use Jack in the box to be my eyes in the maps.. placing them in bushes and in the rivers entrances for the sidelanes.. so ill get no surprise ganks.

Shaco is a champion that can manage to do some epic escapes using all his skills. ive escape from incredible ganks being alone against 5 cutting me through all the fronts. but again.. placing jacks in the strategics spots can help you avoid those hard moments.

you ultimate is great not only to distract and confuse while fighting 1 on 1.. but it can be an awsome teamfight opener. sending him as a bait to the other team and making it move as it is the real you. sometimes they will all want to kill that bait and use all their important skill to ensure you get kill.. and when they realize is what your ilusion.. and now they have all their skill on cooldown.. Time for your team to enter fight and kick some ass.
you ilusion is great to push towers aswell.

now when i play shaco.. my main goal.. in every single match is to focus on specific targets.. if i know there is a twitch arround or a ryze in the enemy team.. i prepare myself for teamfights..not striking the first target that appears.. but actually waiting for that special hero.. to make its moves.. and when he does.. i go in... example.. wait for twicth to pop his ultimate.. and a soons as he does.. decieve jump behind him.. use the Summoner spell Exhaust to Cage him and crit him from behind to death..

again always remember to place jacks in the box in the main escape routes, you never know when the fight can go wrong and you need to run for your life.. it will save you and your friends many times.

Now the build i use may not be liked by others.. but hey it works for me and my style of playing shaco.. so it might work for you aswell.

Summoner spells: ignite and the Exhaust

at level 1 and start buying a Dagger +15 attack speed and a health Potion

then i make that dagger into a berserker greaves and start working on my Sheen after i got my sheen i go for malady its gives you a good attak speed and the lifesteal it gives is very usefull for shaco.. so when you find yourself on low health you just go to jungle and kills a some neutrals or some minions and youll get your health back in no time.. and avoid the trip back to base. after that i start working on my phantom dancer. starting with the Zeal.. and then ill go for infinity edge to boost my critical even more.. so when you strike from behind its really painfull for the others.
and if the match its still going on.. ill go for Ability cooldown reductions items. i might go for Frozen heart for the cooldown and the armor and slow its gives to others. but i guess you can also get a Nashors tooth

and the abilities order i use mostly depends what champions i am facing but it would be somthing like this

For side lane with a friend:
1 - deceive
2 - Two-Shiv Poison
3 - jacks
4/5 - deceive
6 - Hallucinate
7 - deceive
8 -Two-Shiv Poison
9 - deceive
10 - Two-Shiv Poison
11 - Hallucinate
12/13 - Two-Shiv Poison
14/15 - jacks
16 - Hallucinate
17/18 - jacks

And for Mid solo.. ill prioritize deceive,Two-Shiv Poison and hallucinate until i get to level 9 or 10, then i start taking randomly the jacks in the box

hope it was useful for you..

and man thats the way i play shaco.. not saying this the the best build or items or whatever for shaco.. just how i play him.

Be cool.

Alucard628

03-11-2010

http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/104,Super+Sayajin+Shaco

Caress

03-12-2010

malady+madred bloodrazor (read them with your clone)
tank after those two item.

KingofKingz

03-12-2010

very well