Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is worth a certain KO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

03-11-2010

Simply, what is worth taking certain death to accomplish in LoL?

I ask this because I am conflicted by something I did once- as Twisted Fate I had realized that the enemy team was too far away from their exposed Inhibitor to defended, so I gated it and back-doored it: but it was certain death, and I did get taken out.

My team said that it was worth it- but what is your opinion on that?

At very least I am pretty sure that suiciding just to kill an enemy is a bad move- since there is usually a higher chance of that plan going wrong than right, and you are more likely to have a cooldown on your ult than the victim after respawn.

Myrnodyn

03-11-2010

Worth Certain death?

That epic initiation that allows your four team mates to ace the enemy team.

Kassadin, Malphite, Rammus...they can all do it...

ofcourse, Mr. Big Bad Cow can do it without dying...

gun fu panda

03-11-2010

Taking down an inhibitor is worth it imo. So is killing a person with high stacks of a snowball item (only if you're positive you have them though.

TaigaStance

Recruiter

03-11-2010

Accomplishing something then dying is only worth it if your teammates can use your accomplishment to their advantage. For example, if you take out an inhibitor as the only carry on the team, your teammates might have a hard time defending against a quick push during your downtime. Regardless of super minions spawning it will still take a minute for them to reach the other team to start putting pressure, and a lot can happen in one inute.

Galgus

03-11-2010

I don't think that TF is a carry at least- he seems to be more or less about as useful late game as he is mid game.

What exactly is a carry, anyway?

PandaCodeRed

03-11-2010

destroying the opposing nexus

Balorlord

03-11-2010

Quote:
Galgus:
I don't think that TF is a carry at least- he seems to be more or less about as useful late game as he is mid game.

What exactly is a carry, anyway?

Carries are heroes typically built for phys dmg that aren't that great early/mid game, but do monsterous dmg late game.

trafugial

03-11-2010

I've done it before where i died taking down the tower before inhibitor.

Xocolatl

Recruiter

03-11-2010

Quote:
Myrnodyn:
Worth Certain death?

That epic initiation that allows your four team mates to ace the enemy team.

Kassadin, Malphite, Rammus...they can all do it...

ofcourse, Mr. Big Bad Cow can do it without dying...

I've always wondered why Alistair is said to be tougher than Rammus. Defensive Ball Curl increases his armor and magic resistance by 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150.
While this doesn't reduce incoming damage by 70%, it does add a very hefty amount of mitigation already. If I remember correctly, 150armor/MR should increase your EHP to 150%. What does 70% dmg reduction mean in terms of EHP?

Oh yeah, and taking down inhib is definitely worth it. Sacrificing yourself to help the rest of your team escape is also worth dying for, imho. Although my team usually flame me for sucking and feeding right afterward.

blackjackz

03-11-2010

At 100 armour you are taking 50% less damage, at 300 armour you are taking 75% damage. So if Rammus has 150 armour from item and base armour, then he is taking 75% reduce damage. With Alistar, 150 armour should get tp somewhere around 60% damage reduction, I dunno how it will calculate, but I think it will be like .25 (75% damage reduction from ult) X .4 (60% damage reduction from armour) = .1 which is 90% damage reduction.

but ofcourse alistar has long cool down.

I think in terms of group tank, alistar is tougher because of his skill (aoe stun, bump, aoe heal to ally).
Rammus is more verstile, he can solo a tower and run away, sneak up and stun people, farming gold, and doing some good damage.

but it is harder to find a good alistar than a good rammus.